AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

AEW signed a 4 year extension with WernerMedia.
The amount is 4 years 140 million.
45 million a year.
26 million of the 45 million is to cover production costs for Dynamite each week. 500k per week is what is costs.

19 million is pure profit for AEW. That will make them profitable and sustainable.

This is huge.
Vince is going to have to overpay all his talent now to keep them.

AEW signed a 4 year extension with WernerMedia.
The amount is 4 years 140 million.
45 million a year.
26 million of the 45 million is to cover production costs for Dynamite each week. 500k per week is what is costs.

19 million is pure profit for AEW. That will make them profitable and sustainable.

This is huge.
Vince is going to have to overpay all his talent now to keep them.

He already is. Paid, wait for it, Elias big bucks this week.

He already is. Paid, wait for it, Elias big bucks this week.
Keep overpaying and burying everyone Vince. It’s not AEW would make Elias super over. He would be a piece but all these guys getting overpaid by Vince will eat into his profits and piss off shareholders.
There ratings are tanking each year. They tick tick Vince.

They also have a big NXT event the night before Royal Rumble. This was the go-home show.

I just found out there's a mustache mountain vs DIY tag match Saturday. That's probably going to be amazing

The crowd singing Jericho’s entrance music was pretty cool. Reminded me of ECW fans singing Enter Sandman or something.

This week's ratings:

AEW: 828,000
NXT: 712,000

BTW, Vince apparently plans (all plans subject to change, of course) to have Charlotte Flair do some NXT shows as part of her feud with Rhea Ripley.

This week's ratings:

AEW: 828,000
NXT: 712,000

BTW, Vince apparently plans (all plans subject to change, of course) to have Charlotte Flair do some NXT shows as part of her feud with Rhea Ripley.

Hoping AEW can bump that up a bit. Jericho-Moxley and Rhodes-MJF are two of the biggest feuds they can do right now, IMO.

That Cody-MJF segment was something else. Great heel and face work. That match could be epic - not because of all the flippy kick gymnastics and false finishes that these other clowns all do, but because of the emotion they convey and story they tell. Looking forward to it.

AEW: 928,000
NXT: 770,000.

That’s a nice jump! Looking forward to the next month of programming as they build to the next PPV. Will be buying this PPV too. They give me Jericho-Moxley and Rhodes-MJF...I buy. Simple as that.

Britt Baker getting that HEAT. I like it. Thing is, I think she still seems very uncomfortable and green on the mic - but the direction and what was written for her is really good. If she can get more comfortable at really letting it hang out there with the promos, she’s got big time potential. They’re giving her the chance and a golden heel character IMO. Crowd was into it. Hope she can make it work.

Also, after having the iconic “Break The Walls Down” for over 15 years, its hard to believe that Jericho’s new theme music is so over now. And he sings it! And these crowds are really singing along to it! His entrances are epic on a weekly basis!

I’m telling you, this guy is the greatest ever.

Britt Baker getting that HEAT. I like it. Thing is, I think she still seems very uncomfortable and green on the mic - but the direction and what was written for her is really good. If she can get more comfortable at really letting it hang out there with the promos, she’s got big time potential. They’re giving her the chance and a golden heel character IMO. Crowd was into it. Hope she can make it work.

I thought that she KILLED it as a heel. This promotion is full of amazing heels.

The 2/12 edition of AEW did 817,000 overnight viewers, way down from last week's 928,000 overnight viewers.

The 2/12 edition of NXT did 757,000 overnight viewers, down slightly from last week's 770,000 overnight viewers.

Kenny Omega - Pac Ironman match. Exciting match, very hot crowd. That’s really good TV.

AEW: 865,000
NXT: 717,000

For the first time, AEW won every single demographic, including over 50, which NXT had consistently won.

AEW: 865,000
NXT: 717,000

For the first time, AEW won every single demographic, including over 50, which NXT had consistently won.

Ending of the show was interesting. Honestly not sure which way they’ll go with the title match. I lean towards Jericho retaining because he’s been so good, and Moxley is probably the type whose more entertaining when chasing the title. But I could see it going the other way too.

Pretty good card for Saturday’s PPV, I’m strongly considering ordering it.

Ending of the show was interesting. Honestly not sure which way they’ll go with the title match. I lean towards Jericho retaining because he’s been so good, and Moxley is probably the type whose more entertaining when chasing the title. But I could see it going the other way too.

Pretty good card for Saturday’s PPV, I’m strongly considering ordering it.
imo, the guy to make is Darby and the match to build to within the next year is Jericho v Darby for the title then after that you break up the inner circle and you can downplay Jericho etc

until that time, I keep him the champ