AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

The last month or so of AEW was perfect professional wrestling. Loved it.

Yup I am digging nearly all of their shows at the moment.

Iron man match was really good. Couldn't believe the spot off the post through the table.

I can’t believe they’ve made me care about Jack Swagger vs. Goldust. That match happens on Smackdown in 2013 and I probably change the channel.

Cody too. He’s a star in AEW. This company knows how to book guys.

Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer, who has seen 'em all, says it very well might be the greatest tag team match he's ever seen.

Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer, who has seen 'em all, says it very well might be the greatest tag team match he's ever seen.
Is that available online or on demand?

Is that available online or on demand?

I'm sure the replay of the show is available on demand.

BTW, what was especially praised was the psychology of the match. Omega and the Young Bucks are friends, Page is kinda a loose cannon who can't control his emotions. All of which played into a spectacular match. Nary a false note. If you've been following AEW, you'd especially love it. If not, you'll still be blown away by it.

Last edited:
I'm sure the replay of the show is available on demand.

BTW, what was especially praised was the psychology of the match. Omega and the Young Bucks are friends, Page is kinda a loose cannon who can't control his emotions. All of which played into a spectacular match. Nary a false not. If you've been following AEW, you'd especially love it. If not, you'll still be blown away by it.
I know the Young Bucks, I was pissed when they lost to Private Party.

PP didn’t deserve i.

this includes the whole angle at the beginning which is super important since it really tells the story of the match

but even if you don’t know the story, the match is so spectacular that it works

once you add the layers of the story (even layers from storylines fron years ago in ROH and New Japan) on top of the crazy moves, it’s insane. The fans were going ballistic

I know the Young Bucks, I was pissed when they lost to Private Party.

PP didn’t deserve i.

I think that the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, in particular, were so concerned with making new stars that they initially sacrificed themselves. They've rectified that situation, although they're still building stars. Look how they've built up the Hangman, whose debut was, to put it mildly, disappointing. He's a huge star now.

That match was absolutely unbelievable. No rest holds anywhere. I kinda wish that Page had won with the One-Winged Angel, though. An absolute classic regardless.

Really looking forward to AEW tom'w. I'll be especially interested to see where Moxley's reign might be headed.

BTW, one reason why the title might have changed hands is that Jericho's band, Fozzy, is set to go out on tour soon. But Moxley has been made into such a star that it doesn't really matter. WWE really screwed up with that guy.

I’ve said this before but I like how in AEW guys can have beef/friendships across angles. They’re not all just locked into their little formulaic bubbles. Angles intersect.

I’ve said this before but I like how in AEW guys can have beef/friendships across angles. They’re not all just locked into their little formulaic bubbles. Angles intersect.

They're bringing on more guys, including Lance Archer, Harper and most likely Matt Hardy. I know that they're gonna have a second show, but I'm starting to wonder whether they could be close to critical mass.

They're bringing on more guys, including Lance Archer, Harper and most likely Matt Hardy. I know that they're gonna have a second show, but I'm starting to wonder whether they could be close to critical mass.

Im interested to see Harper with Jake the Snake as his manager, if that is the route they’re going as rumored. It’s an idea with a lot of potential, IMO. But will be interested to see if Jake overshadows him, or if they’re both able to shine and Jake is able to make him better.

Im interested to see Harper with Jake the Snake as his manager, if that is the route they’re going as rumored. It’s an idea with a lot of potential, IMO. But will be interested to see if Jake overshadows him, or if they’re both able to shine and Jake is able to make him better.

I think they are giving Lance Archer of New Japan fame to Jake.

Cody’s new neck tattoo is one of the worst tattoos I’ve ever seen.

See...Jim Ross on commentary, and let Jericho on to help commentate a match. That right there makes for a watchable program.

Vince...it’s not THAT hard. Get a good commentator and a good talker or two and stop making them do your cookie cutter scripted robot BS, and you’ve got a watchable program. Especially when there’s no live sports. I’m enjoying AEW even tonight. They pulled it off.

See...Jim Ross on commentary, and let Jericho on to help commentate a match. That right there makes for a watchable program.

Vince...it’s not THAT hard. Get a good commentator and a good talker or two and stop making them do your cookie cutter scripted robot BS, and you’ve got a watchable program. Especially when there’s no live sports. I’m enjoying AEW even tonight. They pulled it off.
I listened to a little of HHH on Twitter from his spot on commentary and he was awesome.
Mocking 90s Vince on the mic saying what a maneuver.

Vince obviously wasn’t there on Friday.

His ideas for announcers are so bad.

LMAO!! Jericho’s rant at the end of the show was even better than everything else. “Shut the music off, there no one here anyway.” Banning “dipsh8t” fans, Swagger doing the push-up with Sammy on his back...great stuff.

Amazing. They cut it off a little too early on that tweet too. The way he kept going(the same way the crowd does) after the music cut off was what took it even further over the top. Props to MJF for egging him on the whole time and then critiquing him afterwards too.

AEW truly is becoming a better booked,
smarter WCW.