After this weekend's blowout... | Syracusefan.com

After this weekend's blowout...

SaintTristan

Starter
Marrone will be on a 0-7 losing streak. But evidently he'll be on a twenty game moral victory winning streak.

They should ask marone to pack his things before the stony brook game. That way if he loses against those chumps what happens next is more expedient.

Trista you haven't posted in awhile. It seems that you recently had your dial up internet service re-installed after a little hiatus. Step 2 will be to purchase a television and get cable/dish installed if possible so you can view the games.

You are going to be disappointed when its announced that Coach Marrone is getting a 5 year contract extension. This new offensive scheme was created for a dual threat QB like Zach Allen and there is no way in hell Marrone is getting fired before this kid steps on campus.

Please go back downstairs in your basement and have your mom bring you some breakfast. :blah:

Deja vu all over again:p ! I feel like I'm back on the Syracuse.com football forum. Is that you sheltie or could it be indiana/hoosiercuse?

Deja vu all over again:p ! I feel like I'm back on the Syracuse.com football forum. Is that you sheltie or could it be indiana/hoosiercuse?
It's the village idiot who resurfaces from time to time.

Nice to see you take a break from posting your condescending drivel on the OT board to come post some of your condescending drivel on the football board. Carry on.

The losing streak to finish out last year was awful but lets face it, last years team wasn't very good. We're deeper, faster, and stronger this year. Let's see how the season plays out before calling for Marrone's head. IMO, with where this program was at when he took over he deserves this 4th year. If we don't get to a bowl then yes call for his head but what is the point in making the dame posts over and over again? It provides no insight into anything other than you trying to be right about something so u can declare yourself King Genius of the board.

Support the team!

OP is just trying to make himself feel a little better about his own personal losing streak, which is up to how many years???

Marrone will be on a 0-7 losing streak. But evidently he'll be on a twenty game moral victory winning streak.

They should ask marone to pack his things before the stony brook game. That way if he loses against those chumps what happens next is more expedient.

You must not get cable in your cellar. If you saw last week, you might even see some sunshine on the horizon.

The question isn't whether Saturday was a moral victory (it wasn't). The question is, for the 11 remaining games, can SU win more than they lose (on the field)?

Based on the offense I saw Saturday, and knowing that some important pieces are coming back from injury soon, I think the answer is yes. But we've so often seen this program crap out against Big East schedules, when we so often think those other Big East teams are so bad, that it's hard to know.

I know people are excited for this weekend, but right now all eyes are on that Minnesota game. You assume we go in there 1-2. It's a team that has been worse than Northwestern in recent years. We should have the missing pieces back by then, and hopefully not lose anymore (knock on wood). But it's also a night road game against a school in a big boy conference, and those are never easy.

If we lose the Minnesota game, it's going to be a big uphill battle from there to be a bowl team.

Ya number one in total offense in America last week! Fire the bum! Youre a genious man, you will be eating a lot of an ugly black bird soon.

Rubber meets road: Who you gonna hire? How much are you going to put in to get him?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Give the guy credit.

He is consistent.
and rarely wrong.

lets say the Orange beat the brook. then its at minny, pitt and rut. we could be looking at a 0-10 v real teams, maybe even 11 if P gets revenge again.

the pizza may taste great, but if the kitchen is filled with ratshit and flies, its gotta be closed down.

:eek: :noidea:

Oh Lord

and rarely wrong.

lets say the Orange beat the brook. then its at minny, pitt and rut. we could be looking at a 0-10 v real teams, maybe even 11 if P gets revenge again.

the pizza may taste great, but if the kitchen is filled with ratshit and flies, its gotta be closed down.

:eek: :noidea:

Oh Lord

Do you honestly believe we are going to go 2-10? seriously? What. I think your still upet from last night

Do you honestly believe we are going to go 2-10? seriously? What. I think your still upet from last night
no, im just saying hes breaching grobbycakes school record losing streak status.

Ya number one in total offense in America last week! Fire the bum! Youre a genious man, you will be eating a lot of an ugly black bird soon.

good point. Why? Because of Nassib. You remember Nassib, right? the same guy who this board every year said wouldnt start and one of Marrone's crack recruits would replace him. each spring the board debated which QB would replace him. Meanwhile, stupid me kept saying he was going to be an excellent QB. And sure enough...

Yes, its tiring being right all of the time. Very tiring.

Nassib deserves better than Marrone. And so do the real fans. Our coach has been a horrible investment.

Sincerely,

Tristan the Redeemer.

PS - Kingtide, I dont believe in violence, so i decline your invite to smash my head 75 times. you are welcome to come to Dubai and clean my car door 75 times, though. I am sure the little indian guy who does it every day would love a few days off.

Said it before. Willing to give Coach 5 years.
Why? Have noted these examples before too:
-Bill Snyder @ KSU: first 4 seasons - 1-10, 5-6, 7-4, 5-6
-Frank Beamer @ VT: first 6 seasons - 2-9, 3-8, 6-4, 6-5, 5-6, 2-8
-Jim Grobe @ Wake: first 5 seasons: 6-5, 6-6, 5-7, 4-7, 4-7
These 3 coaches just needed time. Once they got it, their programs became very respectable, playing for conference championships, in major bowls, and in Beamer's case, a national championship

1307758337930.gif

Said it before. Willing to give Coach 5 years.
Why? Have noted these examples before too:
-Bill Snyder @ KSU: first 4 seasons - 1-10, 5-6, 7-4, 5-6
-Frank Beamer @ VT: first 6 seasons - 2-9, 3-8, 6-4, 6-5, 5-6, 2-8
-Jim Grobe @ Wake: first 5 seasons: 6-5, 6-6, 5-7, 4-7, 4-7
These 3 coaches just needed time. Once they got it, their programs became very respectable, playing for conference championships, in major bowls, and in Beamer's case, a national championship

This is a rational response. Let me tell you why I disagree.

1. beamer took over a VT program that was an independent. program was nothing.

2. Grobe? He barely has a .500 record at Wake and his ACC conf record is horrible. We can agree to disagree, but this isnt "respectable." Is this what we are paying Marrone a $1M to achieve? I would need to confirm this, but i believe that in 11 seasons he has been ranked in the top 20 only once.

3. snyder is a special talent. having learned from Fry, his lineage is no joke. i think i read somewhere that no fewer than nine of snyder's assistants have gone on to be head coaches.

Anyway, i appreciate that you didnt threaten me with violence or call me names. You must not be from upstate NY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom