After this weekend's blowout... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

After this weekend's blowout...

Yep tapatalk is a rough interface

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm getting better at using it, but I also have the iPad HD app and can't figure out to see alerts on that. I have to go to the iPhone regular app to see alerts. Someday I'll find it.

GROB never had an 8-5, bowl-winning season, nor did he ever show the promise of having one...and he wasn't an SU alum, wasn't a former SU FB player, wasn't someone whose dream job was at SU, nor a was he a coach who re-established recruiting ties to NYC/LI and NJ. I could go on...

Or You could stop after your first sentence because everything after that is fluff.

I'm getting better at using it, but I also have the iPad HD app and can't figure out to see alerts on that. I have to go to the iPhone regular app to see alerts. Someday I'll find it.
chip has alerts set for all things charley loeb

no, hopkins banged the chancellor, which is why he is inheriting the SU program. No other explanation on why a journeymen assistant coach is being handed such a prize.

Journeyman...

That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Guys relax - Trista lives in Dubai driving a cab for those damn liberal foreign American workers outsourcing themselves to other countries. Give the guy a break. It's hot as hell there.

chip has alerts set for all things charley loeb

When Nassib went down and I thought Charley was going in, I was going to be his Morganna.

Ha ha ha, trolling these Upstate woodchucks never gets old, I guess.

Ha ha ha, trolling these Upstate woodchucks never gets old, I guess.

Many things are soon coming to an end. Taking the trash out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Marrone will be on a 0-7 losing streak. But evidently he'll be on a twenty game moral victory winning streak.

They should ask marone to pack his things before the stony brook game. That way if he loses against those chumps what happens next is more expedient.

The great thing is that this loss will be to your boy Lane Kiffin, the one you wanted so much you have been trashing Marrone ever since. Of course, if we got Kiffin, who has never won unless he had far more talent than the oppostion, we would have had him for about 5 minutes and would have wound up with Marrone anyway.

have you not read this thread? I am not the one who introduced hopkins to this topic and said he banged my mother. Sweetlord. you upstaters are silly little monkeys.
I'm not sure whether you actually live the life you claim or whether you simply have delusions of grandeur, but either way, your act here is tired, vile and pathetic.

Stan as much as you are right on a lot of things you are dead wrong about this

I hope I am wrong. But I dont think marrone is a +.500 coach. sure, he went 8-5, but that was with one of the easiest schedules ever conceived. And of course, the whole 0-7 thing sort of speaks for itself. The Marrone apologists are real big on moral victories. Me not so much. Hard to walk into a recruit's living room and say, "sure my record is horrible, but let me sit here for 20 hours and explain to you why each loss was actually a moral victory."

But we shall see and hope i am wrong. I am as passionate for the football team's success as anyone. Just have a different definition of success, i think. Thanks for disagreeing without threatening violence and name calling.

You are a bad poster and do not know anything about college sports.

Thats a lie. such an incredible lie. I had no opinion on either of those guys.

Either you're getting old or too much opium and hookers in the UAE has taken its toll on you.

It's not a lie. You posted on Scout about Holtz being a better choice than Marrone and I remember that you mentioned Gill as a better option also.

Thats a lie. such an incredible lie. I had no opinion on either of those guys. I did say they should have gone after kiff before USC did. And we all know how that turned out. he is sort of one of the best coaches in the country, winning, recuiring and fundraising like a motherf*cker.

i also wanted leach.

Keep it honest.

In anothr game we cna start talking about replacement coaches.
those 2 guys wouldn't come to SU. Again, who you gonna hire and how much are you gonna pony up?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Thats a lie. such an incredible lie. I had no opinion on either of those guys. I did say they should have gone after kiff before USC did. And we all know how that turned out. he is sort of one of the best coaches in the country, winning, recuiring and fundraising like a motherf*cker.

i also wanted leach.

Keep it honest.

In anothr game we cna start talking about replacement coaches.

Do you really think kiffin would have left Tennessee for Syracuse?

It is too early to stick a fork in Marrone but fact of the matter is that as of now if I had to bet $10k on whether or not he would be successful and still here in 5 years I would take no. This season is huge for him IMO. We will know all that there is to know about Marrone as a coach and recruiter. A good coach with this talent challenges for a BE Title. A bad coach doesn't make a Bowl. A mediocre coach will squeak into a Bowl. There are no more excuses and he needs to produce this year. Hopefully Stan will be proven wrong.

It is too early to stick a fork in Marrone but fact of the matter is that as of now if I had to bet $10k on whether or not he would be successful and still here in 5 years I would take no. This season is huge for him IMO. We will know all that there is to know about Marrone as a coach and recruiter. A good coach with this talent challenges for a BE Title. A bad coach doesn't make a Bowl. A mediocre coach will squeak into a Bowl. There are no more excuses and he needs to produce this year. Hopefully Stan will be proven wrong.

I absolutely agree this is a huge year for him. He has very few excuses now that we have improved depth and playing In a joke of a conference. A good coach is atleast middling in this conference (4-5 wins). This is a bowl team. He needs 6 wins to keep me on his good side. I have no doubt he will do that.

If he does win 4 or 5 games this year, he will start to lose people like me who have continued to give him the benefit of the doubt while he built up the talent and depth. I get how difficult it was to follow the previous clown and I think he's done a pretty good job to this point but He now has the pieces to be a bowl team and he needs to produce.

Many things are soon coming to an end. Taking the trash out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Well, that's an interesting statement...

Or You could stop after your first sentence because everything after that is fluff.

If you want to call that "fluff," go ahead. To me, it has meaning---enough meaning to give the guy a fifth year as opposed to Tristan's "fire him now" call at the start of Year 4.

theres nothing better than when tristy parks his yacht next to some deserted island, and low and behold he has internet access, is not in time out...and starts posting away.

all of a sudden every goddamn newbie weve picked up in the last 12months or so is watching posts fly right the F over their heads and they decide to chime in and try to put Caesar in his place. FAIL

coming off a horrible loss and before an embarrassing one, this week was the perfect week for tristy.

Oh Lord

theres nothing better than when tristy parks his yacht next to some deserted island, and low and behold he has internet access, is not in time out...and starts posting away.

all of a sudden every goddamn newbie weve picked up in the last 12months or so is watching posts fly right the F over their heads and they decide to chime in and try to put Caesar in his place. FAIL

coming off a horrible loss and before an embarrassing one, this week was the perfect week for tristy.

Oh Lord

Stan always puts some life in the board... its great. And i agree with GO that he's often spot on w his takes but to take a hard stance on Marrone, one way or the other, seems premature.

One question for you tho Kaiser... if NW doesnt get in the endzone on that last drive is this "horrible loss" all of a sudden a "great win", "horrible win"?

Methinks W or L the adjective to describe that game is somewhere inbetween great and horrible.

That was the most ignorant, uninformed post I have seen in a while.

That was the most ignorant, uninformed post I have seen in a while.
i would describe LOSING the HOME OPENER when you have a lead with 2mins to go as HORRIBLE.

but i guess this goes in the boards, 'moral victory' column...:noidea:

Oh Lord

i would describe LOSING the HOME OPENER when you have a lead with 2mins to go as HORRIBLE.

but i guess this goes in the boards, 'moral victory' column...:noidea:

Oh Lord
Can't rationalize it away. And, it can be pinned entirely on Shafer.

Either you're getting old or too much opium and hookers in the UAE has taken its toll on you.

It's not a lie. You posted on Scout about Holtz being a better choice than Marrone and I remember that you mentioned Gill as a better option also.

He's becoming Igor in his old age. Living off revisionist proclamations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom