Akeem Jones QB Miami Carol City H.S. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Akeem Jones QB Miami Carol City H.S.

I wonder if his offer is contingent on what Estime does?

So what are the odds we add this kid as our 20th and final player for this class?

I don't know much about him but will he be playing quarterback here? We already have 2 in this class so I'm just asking if he has the athletic ability to maybe play another position. I know on a lot of high school teams, the most athletic player on the field can sometimes be the quarterback.

So what are the odds we add this kid as our 20th and final player for this class?

Another name that didnt sign anywhere yet is Rakim Peters. Wouldn't be a bad consolation prize after losing Malik Brown to F UT.

From an article regarding signees from Miami. Was posted today, but I believe was written yesterday:

Carol City
Carol City’s Simeon Thomas will be attending Louisiana-Lafayette.
“Louisiana-Lafayette was a great environment,” said the 6-3 safety, Thomas. “My mom and my dad influenced me. They did not find out where I was going until two days ago. I kind of kept it a secret.”
Cornerback Jalen Alexander will be joining Thomas at Louisiana-Lafayette. Alexander, who has a 4.0 GPA, will be attending on an academic scholarship and majoring in criminal justice.
Athlete Edward Rolle is going to Western Michigan. Defensive linemen Aaron Thomas will be attending Dodge City Community College.
Quarterback Akeem Jones did not sign Wednesday morning. “He might sign with Syracuse tomorrow,” said Chiefs coach Harold Barnwell.

1. Note there is no mention of Louisiana-Lafayette for Jones by the head coach.
2. All this time I had no idea that Jones and Simeon Thomas were teammates.
3. Gotta wonder if SU has really extended an offer to Jones. Did anyone from the press ask HCSS if the class is complete, or if there was anyone else the staff is still looking to bring in? If so, I didn't catch that part of the presser.

Link: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/07/3219800/miami-dade-county-signing-day.html
EDIT: ^ I guess we can ignore this now that he has indeed signed, according to reports.

so, is he going to get a shot to compete at QB or are we putting him elsewhere - like LB?

Glad he chose us, never know how the QB spot will play out in the future and his tape is solid. He can find a spot somewhere if he earns it, never bad to have another Florida guy on the team.

Let him get a look at QB in the fall. If he can play, great. If not, move him in the spring.

Watching his tape, I love the way he looks running up field. I wonder if he'd make a good WR if QB doesn't work out.

I'm not really impressed, he doesn't seem to hit his receivers in stride often. Any idea if we extended an offer or if we just talked to him while we were at his school?

I like what I see.

Seems big, fast and athletic.

Nice things to be at the QB position.

Glad he chose us, never know how the QB spot will play out in the future and his tape is solid. He can find a spot somewhere if he earns it, never bad to have another Florida guy on the team.

FWIW most schools wanted Manziel as a DB and he was heading to Oregon before aTm told him he could play QB there. Kaepernick had 1 D1 offer at Nevada who thought they were going to move him to DB as well.

FWIW most schools wanted Manziel as a DB and he was heading to Oregon before aTm told him he could play QB there. Kaepernick had 1 D1 offer at Nevada who thought they were going to move him to DB as well.

Great points, this could end up being a blessing with some of the flip flops we didn't land and now we have Akeem.

Sorry, yes, user experience. But from my initial test drive, this site is much cleaner and easier to navigate than . I really like it on all fronts so far. Kudos.

Based on his opinion. Just like 100 other posts that people had their doubts on other players and whether they would sign here.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Several stories like this! Here is blurb from Brett Favre's wiki page (the most reliable source of information there is ;)):

After high school, Southern Mississippi offered Favre a scholarship (the only one he received). Southern Miss wanted him to play defensive back, but Favre wanted to play quarterback instead. Favre began his freshman year as the seventh-string quarterback and took over the starting position in the second half of the third game of the year against Tulane on September 19, 1987. Favre, despite suffering a hangover from the night before and vomiting during warm-ups, led the Golden Eagles to a come-from-behind victory with two touchdown passes.[15] Favre started ten games during his freshman year and won six of them.

Also keep in mind that Aaron Rodgers had no scholarship offers out of high school. You just never know!

Several stories like this! Here is blurb from Brett Favre's wiki page (the most reliable source of information there is ;)):

After high school, Southern Mississippi offered Favre a scholarship (the only one he received). Southern Miss wanted him to play defensive back, but Favre wanted to play quarterback instead. Favre began his freshman year as the seventh-string quarterback and took over the starting position in the second half of the third game of the year against Tulane on September 19, 1987. Favre, despite suffering a hangover from the night before and vomiting during warm-ups, led the Golden Eagles to a come-from-behind victory with two touchdown passes.[15] Favre started ten games during his freshman year and won six of them.

Also keep in mind that Aaron Rodgers had no scholarship offers out of high school. You just never know!

Some of my favorite Cuse players were not brought in at the postion they eventually excelled at. KJ, Tebucky, Hogue, etc.

It's just possible that Jones might be the BEST suited of our three QB recruits to run the offense that McDonald has said he wants to run.

He will need coaching on his technique, but he sure looks like a quick decision-maker, which would be ideal in a read/option offense.

Woe befall the first person who calls this guy a 'B-lister'.