Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID

I was thinking about this problem with college football. What if the star QB tests positive the week into the game?

If this season is played, it could be crazy because you never know what players are going to be available.
What will this mean for the gambling industry? How can you set lines when you don't know who's not going to play?

how is it different than any other injury that is not talked about in college football? This is not the NFL where they have to disclose stuff.

I would think players will probably get tested before they leave or once they get to a travel school so for the most part it will be found out well before game time.

how is it different than any other injury that is not talked about in college football? This is not the NFL where they have to disclose stuff.

I would think players will probably get tested before they leave or once they get to a travel school so for the most part it will be found out well before game time.
But opening lines are set the previous Sunday or Monday.

Anyone have updated info on Dates teams are reporting?

I thought all of the SEC was today,(but Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss positives) Is the ACC all back today?

Mostly, I'm wondering if we'll have big #'s Wed/Thurs or if more teams have returned without positives...

yup and people betting early make get a big advantage or not.

if true its good news.. but it also is somewhat puzzling. I would assume navy ships pay some attention so how did so many get sick without symptoms? Same for the white house staff, even nursing homes i would think people with obvious signs were told not to come to work? It could also be true that the healthier you are the less likely an symptomatic person gives you enough dosage?

If WHO is onto something, good for college football (and school in general):

Alsacs just posted on the OT board. Interesting development. Things are constantly changing as we know but this would be promising information. It makes sense. If a main symptom is coughing, seems pretty clear someone coughing would be more likely to spread something than someone who isn't. There are other factors though... length of exposure, and location of exposure, I would assume. Just because someone is asymptomatic, if you're jammed into a nursing home room for 8 hours multiple days in a row, that's different.

Alsacs just posted on the OT board. Interesting development. Things are constantly changing as we know but this would be promising information. It makes sense. If a main symptom is coughing, seems pretty clear someone coughing would be more likely to spread something than someone who isn't. There are other factors though... length of exposure, and location of exposure, I would assume. Just because someone is asymptomatic, if you're jammed into a nursing home room for 8 hours multiple days in a row, that's different.

The players having it makes sense in that many likely spent the last three months with family who is at higher risk. It also makes sense on the players being asymptomatic / mildly on how it affects younger people (or doesn't). But if the lack of ability to spread is less than the 10 stomach flues my kids bring home a year that would be welcome news for schools.

The players having it makes sense in that many likely spent the last three months with family who is at higher risk. It also makes sense on the players being asymptomatic / mildly on how it affects younger people (or doesn't). But if the lack of ability to spread is less than the 10 stomach flues my kids bring home a year that would be welcome news for schools.
How many kids you bringing home?

In what world do you not wait for the results to come back before grouping everyone together? That's just poor planning.

Edit: poor judgement on the players' part. Wait for the results THEN get together.
Right. I'm sure if the coaches had said, "Hey guys hold off until you get the results." They would have. Nothing goes on there without Saban knowing. This is the team that was monitoring workouts via apple watches.

What will this mean for the gambling industry? How can you set lines when you don't know who's not going to play?

Just one more thing to bet on... "Which member of the Alabama football team will be in quarantine instead of on the field this Saturday?"

Just one more thing to bet on... "Which member of the Alabama football team will be in quarantine instead of on the field this Saturday?"
That's easy. The backups. The starters won't have test results released until after they graduate, because you know... paperwork that absolutely has nothing to do with a willingness to cheat and endanger others in the name of winning ... not that the SEC would ever cheat ... HEY LOOK OVER THERE! A DISTRACTION! *runs away*

If WHO is onto something, good for college football (and school in general):

If WHO and CDC were running in the Kentucky Derby would you bet on either one of them? The Protests have blown theirs and Cuomo's credibility out of the water as witnessed by the NY Post front page..

If WHO and CDC were running in the Kentucky Derby would you bet on either one of them? The Protests have blown theirs and Cuomo's credibility out of the water as witnessed by the NY Post front page..

I'm just going to the Derby to drink (when it allows patrons).