Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID

I guess if there is a "positive" to take away from this is that I have to imagine most of these players are asymptomatic and not showing symptoms when they show up to camp. This could mean many more people have already been infected than we realize and may have some immunity. I'm not a doctor so I'm sure my thought process isn't 100% correct.

Positive tests now shouldn’t be a deterrent to football in the fall. It would be silly not to think that players on every team were going to test positive upon arrival based on the size of the rosters.

kids on campus will be spreading it a bit but for many kids its a safer area to be in than home. Considering the amount of testing the athletes will be going thru the game playing part may be the safest of all.

so wait.. half the kids had symptoms and yet traveled back without getting a test?

Read a conspiracy theory that the big programs are gonna get their players exposed during the summer so they don't get shut down mid season and I hate Dabo enough to believe it 100%.

Read a conspiracy theory that the big programs are gonna get their players exposed during the summer so they don't get shut down mid season and I hate Dabo enough to believe it 100%.

This ain't chicken pox. If you get sick once, you're not guaranteed immunity.

WOW.

Is it possible that WAY WAY WAY more folks have it than the official #? 1.2M active cases is 0.3%. That would be 1 positive player, per FOUR football teams. Instead, we're getting 4 to 90 times that percentage . (available #'s) That's INSANE. Mathematically the official infected #'s are becoming a statistical impossibility. (no politics, please. The Math.)

Last edited:
Absolutely this happens
Back in March my boss said if someone put a strip in front of him and said this is infected with SARS-CoV2 he would lick it, to be done with it.

Math. 1.2 million current active positives.

Not accounting for age group, in this random testing...

If we average 1 player per team. That translates to 3,630,000 currently infected.

if we use Clemson's #. That would translate to 89,100,000 current infections.

Known player positives are falling in the 3-5%? That's 8,900,000 to 16,500,000 current positives. INSANE.

With half of the cases recovered, you can DOUBLE each of those #'s for the total # of cases. (7M to 180M)...

I'm aware of the logical flaw in my argument. But as mentioned.. If they aren't studying this in countless Universities and agencies? We are so dumb, for real. The kind of stupid there is no cure for.

Most of the numbers I've seen indicate college age adults (really 21-30) account for the most infections. Having said that, I think it's likely there are a lot more people that have it/have had it than the numbers indicate. That is the reasoning some people are using to dismiss the danger of it. As a healthcare professional, it's the reason I get so frustrated when seeing the lack of compliance with regards to wearing masks and practicing social distancing.

Last edited:
The federal vs state guidelines are showing up here with widespread difference. Again Cuse's plan seem to be pretty good. Clemson...I don't know what plan they had.

If you want sports, accept positives will happen and trust the plan in place to isolate/mitigate more positivies. The issue is the college plans are way too varied.