Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent

I just don’t understand that. An average players career lasts, what, 4 years? So what’s the difference between a 21-25 year old versus a 23-27 year old? Makes no sense to me.
I think it's a few things.

They're trying to beat the odds and hit on a star, and lock them into team control during their most productive years on contracts that aren't cap killers.

They're also trying to keep talent away from other teams.

They also believe that they will be able to better develop the player.

So 8 it is. Whoever guessed that in the over/under thread gets a knee to the nuts as a prize.
Isn’t it 7? Four in the portal (JBA, Braswell, Richmond, Newton) and three to the pros (Guerrier, Dolezaj, Griffin).

I think it's a few things.

They're trying to beat the odds and hit on a star, and lock them into team control during their most productive years on contracts that aren't cap killers.

They're also trying to keep talent away from other teams.

They also believe that they will be able to better develop the player.

The future All-stars at the top of the draft. the rest of the guys are just a crap shoot. You hope 1-2 of them turn out to be NBA players. If they don't, well, there's another group coming out next year.

2 of those teams didn’t make the tournament

In most years. I'm just saying talented players are talented players starting coming off the bench. Keep talented players who are not NBA prospects.

We a decade ago had Kris Joseph coming off the bench who was a better player than AG.
Yup.

Who does Kentucky, Duke, and Baylor coming off the bench that’s better than Griff?

Don’t understand why people hate on a decision like this. Even if he decided to come back for another season it’s very unlikely his draft stock would have gone up considering his age and also the fact that he’d have to compete for minutes with a 5 star top 25 recruit next season, he had virtually no reason to play another minute for us. Good luck to him and hopefully he can carve out a role for a team at some point in the future.

Yup.

Who does Kentucky, Duke, and Baylor coming off the bench that’s better than Griff?

I would have to do some research I didn't watch their teams that much. Other than when we played Duke.

Don’t understand why people hate on a decision like this. Even if he decided to come back for another season it’s very unlikely his draft stock would have gone up considering his age and also the fact that he’d have to compete for minutes with a 5 star top 25 recruit next season, he had virtually no reason to play another minute for us. Good luck to him and hopefully he can carve out a role for a team at some point in the future.

I'm a team program wise If I'm in his situation plus knowing I'm not a NBA prospect. Come back on a good team improve my stock and get my college degree.

He doesn't have a draft stock right now. He isn't going to get drafted. If he just wants to get a paycheck and play somewhere thats fine.

I'm a team program wise If I'm in his situation plus knowing I'm not a NBA prospect. Come back on a good team improve my stock and get my college degree.
I just don’t think he’d be able to up his draft stock on our team next year.. He was losing minutes to Robert Braswell towards the end of this season and especially in the tournament, can’t imagine him getting too many minutes from Benny. Also have to consider his age which is ultra important to the NBA teams of today, the older you are, the less they value you.

He doesn't have a draft stock right now. He isn't going to get drafted. If he just wants to get a paycheck and play somewhere thats fine.
And he wouldn’t have a draft stock next year, so why wait?

And he wouldn’t have a draft stock next year, so why wait?
We don't know what it would be. If he had a chance of getting drafted I would say go. His stock could only get higher.

We don't know what it would be. If he had a chance of getting drafted I would say go. His stock could only get higher.
In the NBA in 2021 your age matters tremendously, if you’re an older player like AG is you need to be exceptional to get on draft radars, i just don’t think with his flaws and his inefficient style of play, he’d be able to accomplish that on next years squad. Benny is gonna play undoubtedly.

In the NBA in 2021 your age matters tremendously, if you’re an older player like AG is you need to be exceptional to get on draft radars, i just don’t think with his flaws and his inefficient style of play, he’d be able to accomplish that on next years squad. Benny is gonna play undoubtedly.
Sure Benny is going to play 35-38 mins a game but there is still another forward spot there. Age does matter but he's not getting drafted this year. It's not like he's in the 25 to 30 range and coming back would risk that.

Sure Benny is going to play 35-38 mins a game but there is still another forward spot there. Age does matter but he's not getting drafted this year. It's not like he's in the 25 to 30 range and coming back would risk that.
You’d assume that other forward spot is going to Jimmy, Q also has the option to come back. In my opinion i just don’t think there’s much he could do to improve his draft stock on next years team, so i understand why he’d leave now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom