Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent

You’d assume that other forward spot is going to Jimmy, Q also has the option to come back.
Sure but I wouldn't.be quaking in my.boots about Jimmy if I was a legit NBA player.

Yup.

Who does Kentucky, Duke, and Baylor coming off the bench that’s better than Griff?
To be fair matt Mayer is def better than AG and vital might be. As for Kentucky and Duke there isn’t unless you want to count Mark williams

Sure but I wouldn't.be quaking in my.boots about Jimmy if I was a legit NBA player.
Yeah absolutely not, but that’s my whole point, I don’t think AG is a legit NBA player and i don’t think him coming back next year would change that.

To be fair matt Mayer is def better than AG and vital might be. As for Kentucky and Duke there isn’t unless you want to count Mark williams

I didn’t say whether they did or didn’t, I just wanted some names for who he had in mind.

Of course, he had no idea.

Thank you for naming a few names.

I didn’t say whether they did or didn’t, I just wanted some names for who he had in mind.

Of course, he had no idea.

Thank you for naming a few names.
Gotcha

In the NBA in 2021 your age matters tremendously, if you’re an older player like AG is you need to be exceptional to get on draft radars, i just don’t think with his flaws and his inefficient style of play, he’d be able to accomplish that on next years squad. Benny is gonna play undoubtedly.
Age is definitely a very important thing, but Griffin isn't really old for a prospect. He's a few months older than the average draft pick. This argument would apply more to Guerrier. Griffin is also probably above average in terms of scoring efficiency relative to the average drafted wing.

Age is definitely a very important thing, but Griffin isn't really old for a prospect. He's a few months older than the average draft pick. This argument would apply more to Guerrier. Griffin is also probably above average in terms of scoring efficiency relative to the average drafted wing.
He isn’t really old, but coming back next year is him getting older and that means less value to NBA teams. And in my opinion he wouldn’t be able to up his draft stock on next years team, so why not leave now. that’s my argument.

Sure Benny is going to play 35-38 mins a game but there is still another forward spot there. Age does matter but he's not getting drafted this year. It's not like he's in the 25 to 30 range and coming back would risk that.
God forbid the kid actually wants to
Play professional basketball and is done with college hoops.

He could go undrafted, it doesn’t matter Alan doesn’t want to play for free anymore.

The future All-stars at the top of the draft. the rest of the guys are just a crap shoot. You hope 1-2 of them turn out to be NBA players. If they don't, well, there's another group coming out next year.
But that's the thing, when you get a guy that outplays his draft slot, especially if it's by a lot, it changes the entire franchise trajectory.

Look at Giannis in Milwaukee.

Gobert and Mitchell in Utah.

Lillard and McCollom in Portland.

Jokic in Denver.

God forbid the kid actually wants to
Play professional basketball and is done with college hoops.

He could go undrafted, it doesn’t matter Alan doesn’t want to play for free anymore.
And that's fine if he wants to get paid to play in Europe or the gleague.

And that's fine if he wants to get paid to play in Europe or the gleague.
This point doesn’t matter.
Kids don’t have to leave school to play in the NBA.

This point doesn’t matter.
Kids don’t have to leave school to play in the NBA.
Ok. Goalposts have moved a lot the past few years. It used to be you leave if your a lotto pick. Then it was first round pick. Then if you got drafted at all. Now it doesn't matter if you get drafted at all.

Ok. Goalposts have moved a lot the past few years. It used to be you leave if your a lotto pick. Then it was first round pick. Then if you got drafted at all. Now it doesn't matter if you get drafted at all.
Wrong.
Every single player that leaves school early after completing the college basketball season deserves nothing but respect from the fanbase.
They don’t have to play in the NBA.
Kids leaving want to become professionals.

Wrong.
Every single player that leaves school early after completing the college basketball season deserves nothing but respect from the fanbase.
They don’t have to play in the NBA.
Kids leaving want to become professionals.
Who is disrespecting anyone?

His Dad may be connected like Tony Soprano but 2 way contracts are too valuable to waste as a favor. I was never part of the fan club, but certainly wish him well.
This. No way a team gives anyone a two-way deal to appease anyone. Crazy to think that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom