Alan Griffin transfers to Syracuse. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin transfers to Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that even if he sits out in 2020, with the 30+mpg he’ll get in 2021 he’ll end up declaring for the draft
Yeah I don’t see him playing in college past 2021 even if he isn’t eligible this season.

I think the they’re going to pass the one-time exemption immediately anyways and even if they don’t he’ll get a waiver anyways

Yeah I don’t see him playing in college past 2021 even if he isn’t eligible this season.

I think the they’re going to pass the one-time exemption immediately anyways and even if they don’t he’ll get a waiver anyways

So with Alan I’m going to go out on a limb and say we end up ranked much of the season and end up with a seed between 5-7.

So with Alan I’m going to go out on a limb and say we end up ranked much of the season and end up with a seed between 5-7.
It might be the quarantine messing with my head but I agree I think we could surprise a lot of people. A more experienced team with JG3 and Quincy taking sophomore leaps can be very good if Alan can give us 12-16 or so a night.

Bo playing like he did to close the season would be huge too. Now we just need a season

It might be the quarantine messing with my head but I agree I think we could surprise a lot of people. A more experienced team with JG3 and Quincy taking sophomore leaps can be very good if Alan can give us 12-16 or so a night.

Bo playing like he did to close the season would be huge too. Now we just need a season

Based on the recent trends I am confident we will have a season. Hoops yes fball though I'm not sure.

This year will be one where we learn whether we truly can still develop players or not. There is effectively a whole roster that needs to make some major improvements while doing so being stuck in place because of this virus. With Griffin on the court and significant growth from by the sophomore class, the ceiling is pretty high when you also factor in the incoming frosh. The problem is all the "ifs". The floor is no doubt a sub.500 season.

If Griff can play he will plug the hole left by Hughes.
He is long, has great hops and seems to be strong on the boards. He is a very good shooter and can create for himself. He can play the 3 and 2 and provides us with another ball handler. It would be nice to land another 5 but this is the player we needed.
I believe that Griff Newton and Kadary are significant upgrades over Washington and Carey. I thought that Goodine had great potential and obviously Eli will be missed.
Still if Sid can continue his late season pace and Edwards improves we should be as good if not better than last years team.

We gain Griffin, Kadary, and Newton while loosing Eli, Goodine, Washington, and Carey and people think we go from one of our worst seasons ever under JB to ranked. How?
- Freshman to sophomore jumps from JG and Quincy. Both have chances to be studs
- Buddy improves as much as he did last year
- the last month of Sidibe carries over to next year
- Marek as a senior becomes more aggressive (and gains a pound!)
- Griffin is a better 3pt shooter and rebounder than Eli (Eli has a better overall game though)
- Kadary gives us something we didn’t really have last year, someone who can consistently penetrate the defense and create for others. Word is he is up to 6’7”.

Eli was great but the other 3 guards who left didn’t do much. Everyone is a year better with 5 guys IMO who have a chance to improve significantly ( JG, Buddy, Marek, QG, Sidibe). Griffin was top 10 in the COUNTRY in offense efficiency. 8ppg/5rpg in only 18mpg

We’re a 20 win team If Griffin plays.

Also last years team was much better in ACC play since we were so young to start the season. They got experience and got better.

Actually the far majority of transfers have nothing to do with sports. That is just a subset.
Are you talking about people in the transfer portal or overall transfers amongst all students?

Hughes isn’t coming back

I thought the same about Battle...and the fact that his father wished he came back to Syracuse tells you it is possible right? I give it 10 percent chance of it happening but had to ask

I thought the same about Battle...and the fact that his father wished he came back to Syracuse tells you it is possible right? I give it 10 percent chance of it happening but had to ask
We have 1 open scholly that we offered to Tape and now Ballard. JB pretty much told Eli to leave (his words). Don’t get your hopes up

We have 1 open scholly that we offered to Tape and now Ballard. JB pretty much told Eli to leave (his words). Don’t get your hopes up

I don’t believe JB would ever tell someone to just leave...especially Hughes unless there was some friction somehow which I never heard of any with Hughes

Hughes is still on scholarship and if he decides to stay, he has that scholarship. Syracuse has 13 total scholarships, all but 1 is accounted. If Hughes goes pro, there will be a second scholarship available.

Hughes is still on scholarship and if he decides to stay, he has that scholarship. Syracuse has 13 total scholarships, all but 1 is accounted. If Hughes goes pro, there will be a second scholarship available.
My bad, you’re correct . He’s still not coming back lol

We gain Griffin, Kadary, and Newton while loosing Eli, Goodine, Washington, and Carey and people think we go from one of our worst seasons ever under JB to ranked. How?

There is a reasonable possibility of it occurring based on development and improvement. That said the variance of outcomes record wise is huge. To predict it seems crazy to me. Possible? Yes. Likely? Who knows.

- Freshman to sophomore jumps from JG and Quincy. Both have chances to be studs
- Buddy improves as much as he did last year
- the last month of Sidibe carries over to next year
- Marek as a senior becomes more aggressive (and gains a pound!)
- Griffin is a better 3pt shooter and rebounder than Eli (Eli has a better overall game though)
- Kadary gives us something we didn’t really have last year, someone who can consistently penetrate the defense and create for others. Word is he is up to 6’7”.

Eli was great but the other 3 guards who left didn’t do much. Everyone is a year better with 5 guys IMO who have a chance to improve significantly ( JG, Buddy, Marek, QG, Sidibe). Griffin was top 10 in the COUNTRY in offense efficiency. 8ppg/5rpg in only 18mpg

We’re a 20 win team If Griffin plays.

Also last years team was much better in ACC play since we were so young to start the season. They got experience and got better.

That's 7 huge "ifs". I still dont see it.

That's 7 huge "ifs". I still dont see it.
"Size" of "ifs" certainly debatable, but don't see 7 "huge" ones-
Soph jump for Q -I'll buy. Q could build off experience to be a beast this season.
Soph jump for JG -with PT 30" to maintain stamina, I'll buy.
Buddy- PT 30" helps Buddy also -both guards need to play higher energy to neutralize athleticism challenge
Marek- all-in for Marek having a great season!
Griffin- what's not to like
Kadary- optimism he "hits the court running"

There were positives at end of the shortened season (including Sid stepping up).
Potential for 20 W's is there, and more if these guys really "click".
Gotta think positive! :)

You never seem to.

We are coming off a 4 year stretch with 2 missed NCAAs (yes I know they didn't have a tourney this year but we weren't making it without winning the ACC tourney) and 2 teams that are right on the bubble. I consider myself pretty positive, but I'm not going to blame people if they are in "believe it when I see it" mode.

Based on the recent trends I am confident we will have a season. Hoops yes fball though I'm not sure.

This year will be one where we learn whether we truly can still develop players or not. There is effectively a whole roster that needs to make some major improvements while doing so being stuck in place because of this virus. With Griffin on the court and significant growth from by the sophomore class, the ceiling is pretty high when you also factor in the incoming frosh. The problem is all the "ifs". The floor is no doubt a sub.500 season.
This year might tell us nothing about how well we develop talent--because there has never been an offseason like this. And we don't know when they will be allowed back on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom