Albany Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Gameday...

I don’t know think I have to take the rest of the year off. Had a bad feeling about tonight so I decided to just enjoy my evening instead and watch the replay if we won. Don’t fire anyone yet but god damn gait needs to go on a long soul searching journey and talk with an oracle or something. Fundamentally alter whatever his approach was or mentality at the start of the season. It’s a tough world out there. Maybe just have to be way harder on the team when it comes to discipline. Our talent is lacking compared to our standards this year but we have way more talent than Albany. This has to be a one time thing no matter where the staff is in the process of getting acclimated.

why did we not pull Gavin? He was terrible

Also ..Gait needs to get in front of the cameral and do a presser and take accountability ...he seems unavailable and absent these days after we get rocked ...and cavalier ...time to eat humble pie

Also ..Gait needs to get in front of the cameral and do a presser and take accountability ...he seems unavailable and absent these days after we get rocked ...and cavalier ...time to eat humble pie

He does a press conference after every game, and a pregame presser usually on Wednesdays. All the videos are posted when available.

Terrible seems a bit strong. He could have been better but based on what I watched tonight he was far from the top of the list of problems.

Terrible seems a bit strong. He could have been better but based on what I watched tonight he was far from the top of the list of problems.
agree there were a lot of problems but he needed to be pulled

I don’t know much about lacrosse. Didn’t play growing up and the extent of my knowledge is watching 2-3 games a year and then watching all the playoffs. But wow tonight was brutal. I know the weather was atrocious but it seems like completing a simple pass is difficult for our guys. The basic fundamentals of the game are just not there. So many unforced turnovers. I have to wonder what they work on in practice.

Like I said, I’m not an expert and I may be wrong. But when a team can’t even do the simple things of the game correctly, it says a lot about the coaches and their teaching.

Losing a game to the worst Albany team in 20 years... Is abysmal.

I didn't watch the game, too cheap to buy ESPN+. But gee, looking at the stats, one would think we won this game. Better on clears, ground balls, shots, faceoffs ... but 21 turnovers is too many to survive any team. We have 4 more games left, let's turn this train around and have a good showing and momentum going into next year. I'm in favor of giving some younger players some real game experience.

Ladies and Gents, not sure you realize many of the boys follow, read and take your opinions to heart. Remember, they are young men playing the game they grew up loving to play dreaming of the opportunity to play for Cuse Lacrosse because that is all they know.

It has been a challenging 3 years for all the boys that included a major coaching change because they were all recruited by the previous staff. Not one of the boys walk onto the field expecting to play poorly or want to face defeat. Instead, they wear the uniform to the best of their ability and some days and nights they come up short.

They are all boys/young men of parents who also follow some of this nonsense that is posted about their boys/young men. I would expect grown men/ladies to behave a lot differently since you all bleed Orange. I have waited 5 years to reply to this chat room and I will not regret this moment.

Now more than anytime is the opportunity to pick these boys up as they look to finish the 2022 season on a positive note to build the future of Cuse Lacrosse. For those of you who cannot do this maybe you need to find another team to criticize or cheer for.

To the seniors and your parents, thanks for all the memories I am so proud to say you are part of my life over the last 5 years and all of you will be better for what you have gone through in the game of life.

Schooled by Scooby. :oops:

Beat by another kid in his 1st career start (Ramos)
Not his first career start (3rd) but I’ve trained alongside him multiple times and I’m assuming Gait and March weren’t expecting him to start based of the way they attacked him and their shot selection

Not his first career start (3rd) but I’ve trained alongside him multiple times and I’m assuming Gait and March weren’t expecting him to start based of the way they attacked him and their shot selection

I think your assumption is probably correct. Seemed to get something going in the second half but still to many high to high shots.

Can someone clear up something up I see posters throw around alot
Are all the kids in the upcoming clas "Desko recruits" or did the current staff get some of them?

Can someone clear up something up I see posters throw around alot
Are all the kids in the upcoming clas "Desko recruits" or did the current staff get some of them?

They couldn't sign their NLI's until Nov 10, 2021.

Which means they could have flipped after Desko was fired.

Gait & staff had to "re-recruit" all of them. Which may have just taken a phone call.

They couldn't sign their NLI's until Nov 10, 2021.

Which means they could have flipped after Desko was fired.

Gait & staff had to "re-recruit" all of them. Which may have just taken a phone call.
Right get that part just wasn't sure if anywhere post Desko and I guess the current staff should get a little tip of the hat for keeping the kids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom