ALERT- Judas Marrone will be on Mike and Mike at 915 | Syracusefan.com

ALERT- Judas Marrone will be on Mike and Mike at 915

People hoping to hear something about the Nassib decision are going to be disappointed. (imo)

now hes a judas because he doesnt take a 4th round talent in the 1st just to make the Syracuse fans, WHO ARE NOT BILLS FANS, happy.

good lord.

go find me 1 bills fan who now thinks the SuperBowl is out of the question because nassib is not there.

just 1.

Oh Lord

I've been listening this morning. A short time ago, both Mike's were saying how Buffalo's move in picking Manual really hurts Nassib, certainly the perception of him. Jaws was on as well concurring same. Even Polian seemed miffed...very interesting to see how this plays out in the second round later this evening.

I have a question though, since this is Doug's first go around as a head coach (NFL) how much say did he really have in selecting this pick? The GM likely has the final word... :noidea:

I've been listening this morning. A short time ago, both Mike's were saying how Buffalo's move in picking Manual really hurts Nassib, certainly the perception of him. Jaws was on as well concurring same. Even Polian seemed miffed...very interesting to see how this plays out in the second round later this evening.

I have a question though, since this is Doug's first go around as a head coach (NFL) how much say did he really have in selecting this pick? The GM likely has the final word... :noidea:
people being miffed are crazy.

why are they miffed????

not 1x has anyone been miffed and said 'Nassib is a mortal 1st round lock. he guaranteed to be a 12 year starter with multiple playoff runs and pro bowls in his future. anyone not drafting him is stupid and will regret it'.

the only reason anyone ever offers up as to why nassib should have gone in the 1st round is, marrone was his college coach.

thats about as dumb a reason as any to take anyone in the top 10, or top 15, 16 whatever.

its like they just skipped a Manning, andew luck or Elway or something.

its ryan freakin nassib.

Oh Lord

Feel free to edit title. I really should have put it in quotes as it was meant to be tongue in cheek

It really was based on a lot of silly discussion that Nassib was the biggest loser on the night because his own coach picked another qb.

I don't really take personal issue. But I do think he may make at least a passing reference to Nassib in hopes of quelling some of this nonsense.

Absolutely, no way Marrone was given complete control over personnel, that stuff is reserved for guys like Belichek. I really think this best for everyone anyway. If Marrone drafted Nassib and it didn't work, Bills fans would have burned both of them at the stake faster than a dung fly finds a crap pile. Marrone will get his time to prove himself and so will Nassib. Neither guy is in the NFL if not for the other at this point.

Also why did anyone REALLY expect anything different? Minus one dream job speech, Marrone has been nothing but business since day 1 and last night was just another continuation of that.

Townies in Syracuse, NY or old Syracuse Football fans won't give you a NFL job.
Winning games in the NFL will. Marrone believes his best option is EJ Manuel. Why can't you understand that this is business and this is how the real world works?

It' not the fact that he didn't draft Nassib it's that he drafted Manuel. Just wow!

Truth. There wasn't a sure fire 1st round qb in this years draft but curious why the Bills took EJ in round 1 when he'd likely have been there in rd 2.

I don't have a problem with seeing it as a business decision. They went with the guy they think is better. Do what you have to do.

I just think Nassib will end up the better player.

It' not the fact that he didn't draft Nassib it's that he drafted Manuel. Just wow!
To me its not that he drafted Manuel (whom I like). Its that he "reached" for a QB and it wasn't Nassib. I've always thought Nassib was a reach in the 1st round.

Here's the bit that makes me not like Marrone: his refusal in the interview to say 1. Ryan's name 2. That Ryan was a great kid, QB - whatever.

Given the chance to say "Look we liked EJ better - but Ryan is a tremendous player." That's all he had to say.

Truth. There wasn't a sure fire 1st round qb in this years draft but curious why the Bills took EJ in round 1 when he'd likely have been there in rd 2.

Yeah I agree this is the biggest question, if the Bills don't take Manuel then no QBs go in the 1st and you get still get a very good shot at your 1st or 2nd choice later in the draft.

Here's the bit that makes me not like Marrone: his refusal in the interview to say 1. Ryan's name 2. That Ryan was a great kid, QB - whatever.

Given the chance to say "Look we liked EJ better - but Ryan is a tremendous player." That's all he had to say.
Agree. I was disappointed but not angry about him leaving and about him not drafting Nassib. I thought he had an opportunity to show some class and to help Nassib this morning and he passed. In fact, I think he hurt Nassib's chances even more.

The interview should have been about Nassib, frankly, but it was about Marrone instead.

people being miffed are crazy.

why are they miffed????

not 1x has anyone been miffed and said 'Nassib is a mortal 1st round lock. he guaranteed to be a 12 year starter with multiple playoff runs and pro bowls in his future. anyone not drafting him is stupid and will regret it'.

the only reason anyone ever offers up as to why nassib should have gone in the 1st round is, marrone was his college coach.

thats about as dumb a reason as any to take anyone in the top 10, or top 15, 16 whatever.

its like they just skipped a Manning, andew luck or Elway or something.

its ryan freakin nassib.

Oh Lord

Too much coffee already this morning? :) Your post appears a bit (overly) emotional. Regardless of your view, as I mentioned above, there are others out there (in the biz) questioning the pick. Just got done listening to Marrone on Mike & Mike, he himself didn't appear too convincing in his reasoning...even stated that Manual had a good Big East percentage/record or something to start the interview off...oops!

OMG. Grow up and let it go

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Again, to reiterate, the title was tongue in cheek...i should have used quotes around Judas...or probably not used the word at all. I was being facetious because of some of the hyperbolic commentary I have been hearing

Too much coffee already this morning? :) Your post appears a bit (overly) emotional. Regardless of your view, as I mentioned above, there are others out there (in the biz) questioning the pick. Just got done listening to Marrone on Mike & Mike, he himself didn't appear too convincing in his reasoning...even stated that Manual had a good Big East record or something to start the interview off...oops!

I heard that too...

Philly.

Yeah I agree this is the biggest question, if the Bills don't take Manuel then no QBs go in the 1st and you get still get a very good shot at your 1st or 2nd choice later in the draft.

There are a handful of QB's in the draft with similar potential. I don't get reaching for one after it becomes apperent that other teams aren't going to reach for any of the QB's. It will be a case of 20:20 hindsight on this one. If there is a run on QB's before Buffalo's 41st pick then they made sure to get their man. If only Smith and Nassib come off the board prior to that pick, it looks poor by the Bills GM.

Agree. I was disappointed but not angry about him leaving and about him not drafting Nassib. I thought he had an opportunity to show some class and to help Nassib this morning and he passed. In fact, I think he hurt Nassib's chances even more.

The interview should have been about Nassib, frankly, but it was about Marrone instead.

Maybe it's me, but that interview he just did on M&M was the least bit convincing. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom