ALERT- Judas Marrone will be on Mike and Mike at 915 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ALERT- Judas Marrone will be on Mike and Mike at 915

NBA first round is potential, NFL ability/measurable . Nassib shows a lot of strengths that you would want in a NFL QB but has shown potential in other areas. This goes the same for all QB's this year. Nassib has shown that he can make all the throws as well as anyone, yet it comes after spending the first quarter/quarter and half showing he can make all the passes as poorly as anyone. Nassib's biggest strength is he is a coach on the field and this is where he excels over all the other QB's.

This years QB class was a crap shoot. I do think Nassib probably has the best chance of any of the QB's to stay in the NFL, if not as a starter as a solid back-up, with his knowledge, understanding, and able to manage the game. He has also shown that he can and will get better as he is exposed to systems/refining of technique. He is going to be Humble and Hungry.

you offered this...'at the very least he could come out and say something about how Ryan is an incredibly good prospect but that for the system he wants to install he was not the best fit. He might have thrown in a 'I sure hope he doesn't end up in the AFC east because in the right system the guy is a winner.'

umm, hes installing the EXACT SAME SYSTEM. thats why hackett is there.

:bang::bang::bang:

:noidea::crazy:

:rolling:

Oh Lord
Replace my pro-nassib comment with whatever pro-nassib comment you think would have been more appropriate for DM to offer. Obviously the system will be similar - it doesn't mean that a more mobile quarterback wouldn't be a better fit particularly given the suspect offensive line... In any case, a few words wouldn't have killed the guy and would have been the right thing to do in this scneario in my opinion. If you think he's a classy guy who does things the right way, that's fine - i just disagree strongly having worked in business at a high level for quite a while I know you don't have to be a db to do well.

Read post #33. It's not about productivity it's about doing the right thing in a given scenario. He's failed to do that a multitude of times - there can be a right and wrong way to reach the same outcome.
doing the right thing? no. the NFL is a business.

Read post #33. It's not about productivity it's about doing the right thing in a given scenario. He's failed to do that a multitude of times - there can be a right and wrong way to reach the same outcome.

"The right thing" - ironic coming from a poster named "cuseinchina."

"The right thing" - ironic coming from a poster named "cuseinchina."
That's a useless comment. Feel free to disagree with my opinion that Marrone's handling of his decisions (not necessarily the decisions themselves) reflects quite poorly on his character and likely his ability to succeed long-term, but the fact that I lived in China and went to Syracuse really has nothing to do with it.

I lived in China and went to Syracuse.

Wait SU is now in China?!?! Dammit! I just paid my renewal. First NYC now Beijing???? Damn you Daryl Gross, damn you to hell!

Replace my pro-nassib comment with whatever pro-nassib comment you think would have been more appropriate for DM to offer. Obviously the system will be similar - it doesn't mean that a more mobile quarterback wouldn't be a better fit particularly given the suspect offensive line... In any case, a few words wouldn't have killed the guy and would have been the right thing to do in this scneario in my opinion. If you think he's a classy guy who does things the right way, that's fine - i just disagree strongly having worked in business at a high level for quite a while I know you don't have to be a db to do well.
since we are discussing business, i see no reaason why the CEO of mcdonalds should go on tv and say that while we really love our burgers, burger kings arent bad either.

:noidea: :crazy:

Oh Lord

Townies in Syracuse, NY or old Syracuse Football fans won't give you a NFL job.
Winning games in the NFL will. Marrone believes his best option is EJ Manuel. Why can't you understand that this is business and this is how the real world works?

Who doesn't understand that?

I am glad they did not take Nassib. I would not want any of our players going to such a poorly run franchise.

I would be surprised if Marrone believes his best option was EJ Manuel as others have stated... probably wasn't his decision in the end.

In fact, with 2 picks in the 2nd round as well and no one else looking to take a QB first round, I am surprised that they would take a QB at all at the 16 spot... let alone a project QB to sit behind Kalb.

Actually, I'm not surprised.

In the real world, the Buffalo Bills are a poorly run business.

That perception did not change last night - it was only strengthened.

since we are discussing business, i see no reaason why the CEO of mcdonalds should go on tv and say that while we really love our burgers, burger kings arent bad either.
Analogy is lacking. When you have a chance to say something good about someone in your industry, you take it. If you have a chance to say something good about someone who gave you everything they had to give for four years, you gush.

If you have class, that is.

:noidea: :crazy:

Oh Lord
Not a fair comparison this is about people. When Marissa Mayer the new CEO of Yahoo left Google after being looked past for a big job internally, Google execs bent ove rbackwards to praise her and to say what a good buisnessperson Yahoo was getting and how while they were happy for her they didn't look forward to competing against her. Marissa on her side said wonderful things about Google on the way out the door. No one got exactly what they wanted in that situation, but they all said the right things publicly and by all accounts maintained good relations privately. Whether Marissa succeeds or fails in her new job, she didn't burn bridges or screw anyone over on her way out the door. This situation with Marrone is more complex and maybe requires a higher degree of 'saying the right things' - your alma mater connection is more personal than a connection to a coroporate employer, his connection with a 22 year old kid who helped him turn around a program is likely a bit deeper than Marissa's relationship with Larry Page.

Analogy is lacking. When you have a chance to say something good about someone in your industry, you take it. If you have a chance to say something good about someone who gave you everything they had to give for four years, you gush.

If you have class, that is.
what? back to realtiy then, no apples and oranges analogys. this is the NFL. why should he be praising a guy he didnt ta...you know what?? i give up.

marrone shouldve said nassib is going to be the spawn of unitas, elway, marino and peyton.

my bad.

That's a useless comment. Feel free to disagree with my opinion that Marrone's handling of his decisions (not necessarily the decisions themselves) reflects quite poorly on his character and likely his ability to succeed long-term, but the fact that I lived in China and went to Syracuse really has nothing to do with it.

I'm sure it doesn't but it's still ironic, no? I'm simply pointing out the ambiguity of what one considers "the right thing to do." What you consider the right thing to do may differ from what someone else thinks is the right thing to do. It's not black and white.

I just found it funny that you're on your high-horse about it when China doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation with regard to social policies and doing the "right thing." Just a simple observation that has nothing to do with you personally.

Who doesn't understand that?

I am glad they did not take Nassib. I would not want any of our players going to such a poorly run franchise.

I would be surprised if Marrone believes his best option was EJ Manuel as others have stated... probably wasn't his decision in the end.

In fact, with 2 picks in the 2nd round as well and no one else looking to take a QB first round, I am surprised that they would take a QB at all at the 16 spot... let alone a project QB to sit behind Kalb.

Actually, I'm not surprised.

In the real world, the Buffalo Bills are a poorly run business.

That perception did not change last night - it was only strengthened.

Because you know better, right? :crazy:

Not a fair comparison this is about people. When Marissa Mayer the new CEO of Yahoo left Google after being looked past for a big job internally, Google execs bent ove rbackwards to praise her and to say what a good buisnessperson Yahoo was getting and how while they were happy for her they didn't look forward to competing against her. Marissa on her side said wonderful things about Google on the way out the door. No one got exactly what they wanted in that situation, but they all said the right things publicly and by all accounts maintained good relations privately. Whether Marissa succeeds or fails in her new job, she didn't burn bridges or screw anyone over on her way out the door. This situation with Marrone is more complex and maybe requires a higher degree of 'saying the right things' - your alma mater connection is more personal than a connection to a coroporate employer, his connection with a 22 year old kid who helped him turn around a program is likely a bit deeper than Marissa's relationship with Larry Page.
That's part of your problem - faulty premise. It is not about people. It is about business - the business of winning. If Manual give Marrone and Nix the impression that he will produce more wins, they draft him. If they think it's Nassib, they draft him. They drafted Manual. What's that tell you. Do you think FHCDM was purposely dissing Nassib? No, he thought Manual gives him the best change to win. Does it give the appearance that he doesn't believe in Nassib (and whatever other horsesh!t is being thrown around on the board today)? OK, big deal. It's a cruel world out there. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to Ryan, there are probably about 5 billion people that would trade places with him in a heartbeat.

You cannot expect an NFL front office to behave out of 'loyalty' or whatever it is you want to call it. These are big boys. They will get over it. Well, maybe not Geno, but you know what I'm saying.

what? back to realtiy then, no apples and oranges analogys. this is the NFL. why should he be praising a guy he didnt ta...you know what?? i give up.

marrone shouldve said nassib is going to be the spawn of unitas, elway, marino and peyton.

my bad.
This is the NFL where coaches routinely praise each other and each other's players. Even ones that they don't have personal relationships with. When they talk about players they've coached, they often go further with their praise.

That's part of your problem - faulty premise. It is not about people. It is about business - the business of winning. If Manual give Marrone and Nix the impression that he will produce more wins, they draft him. If they think it's Nassib, they draft him. They drafted Manual. What's that tell you. Do you think FHCDM was purposely dissing Nassib? No, he thought Manual gives him the best change to win. Does it give the appearance that he doesn't believe in Nassib (and whatever other horsesh!t is being thrown around on the board today)? OK, big deal. It's a cruel world out there. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to Ryan, there are probably about 5 billion people that would trade places with him in a heartbeat.

You cannot expect an NFL front office to behave out of 'loyalty' or whatever it is you want to call it. These are big boys. They will get over it. Well, maybe not Geno, but you know what I'm saying.

We just fundamentally disagree. I never said he should have drafted Nassib, I said he should have thrown him a bone in the post-draft press commentary given the specifics of the situation. Just think it points to a pattern of dealing with things in a way that doesn't reflect well on his character. He could have achieved identical outcomes and come out of it looking like a nice guy. In ANY business character matters and caring about the people who helped you get to where you are matters. Might take years to bight him in the a** but it will come I have seen it time and time again. When you are a jerk in business people only tolerate your presence if you are exceedingly good and will jump all over your failures- I think DM ended up in the right city for him to get a solid dose of karma. Anyway I'm done -just felt strongly that this proved him to be the self-centered guy many thought he was when he left. If you guys feel differently I can see where you are coming from but just totally disagree.

No, it's perfect for Ryan Mallett, who is Brady's understudy and 10x better than Nassib.

10x?!?!? Ha-ha-ha. That was really funny. Wait... Your serious? He is better - but 10x? No way. I don't think there are any backup QB's in the NFL 10x better than Ryan.

It simply says something about Marrone's character. It's about heart. What's lost by saying he thinks Ryan is a good player?!? By saying his name?!?

Business can be heartless - doesn't mean it should be.

Is it common for NFL coaches to discuss undrafted prospects in national interviews DURING the draft? Seems that would be frowned upon. And anything nice he might say about Nassib would likely be countered by either:

"If he liked him so much, why did he take a different QB?" (I know there's valid reasons and so do the reporters, but they won't let that get in the way of their sound bite)
or
"Now that he has his QB, he's just blowing smoke to get someone else to take him and leave a player at another position available for the Bills."

Is it common for NFL coaches to discuss undrafted prospects in national interviews DURING the draft? Seems that would be frowned upon. And anything nice he might say about Nassib would likely be countered by either:

"If he liked him so much, why did he take a different QB?" (I know there's valid reasons and so do the reporters, but they won't let that get in the way of their sound bite)
or
"Now that he has his QB, he's just blowing smoke to get someone else to take him and leave a player at another position available for the Bills."
This could be a valid excuse. Doesn't change my opinion but you make an important point.

No, she just burnt bridges in her new company by telling working moms they were no longer allowed to telecommute but then building a private nursery for her own baby in the empty office next door to her own.

But I digress...

or

This is a unique situation.

Collegiate coaches often talk up their former players prior to and during the draft process.

If he is directly asked about the guy, there is no reason he cannot say, "I loved working with Ryan. I think he is going to be a really good player in this league. But for what we are building, the offense we are looking to run with the personnel we have, Manuel was the guy."

OMG. Grow up and let it go

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

funny you chastised someone for being immature - and you used "oh em gee."

He drafted a guy named Manuel. That's the guy he should be praising... not the guy he didn't draft. The media made this about Nassib before and after the draft. Not Marrone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom