Alex Trebeck's last shows | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Trebeck's last shows

Didn't feel this way initially, but now IMHO too much is made of question readers who inject little personality or substance into a show dominated by 61 answers and questions. They're all adequately serviceable and as long as Gilbert Gottfried or Bobcat Goldthwait aren’t reading the questions. I watch irrespective of host.

Last edited:
Didn't feel this way initially, but now IMHO too much is made of question readers who inject little personality or substance into a show dominated by 61 answers and questions. They're all adequately serviceable and as long as Gilbert Gottfried or Bobcat Goldthwait isn't reading the questions. I watch irrespective of host.
Goldthwait went to Bishop Grimes, so I’d give him a go.

It’s only been one game but George Stephanopoulos was fantastic. Hopefully he keeps it up the rest of the week.

Oof. LeVar Burton was awful on day 1. Mistakes galore. Hope he improves as the week goes on.
I find I'm enjoying LeVar much less than I thought I would. :(

On a slightly-related note, was tonight's Final Jeopardy answer the easiest ever? Or is it just me?

After being born this creature would bring the remains of its forebear to Heliopolis & put them on the altar of the sun god

What is the Phoenix?

I find I'm enjoying LeVar much less than I thought I would. :(

On a slightly-related note, was tonight's Final Jeopardy answer the easiest ever? Or is it just me?

After being born this creature would bring the remains of its forebear to Heliopolis & put them on the altar of the sun god

What is the Phoenix?
I actually thought the final from yesterday was easier. Not many well-known British scientists who died in 2018 and are interred at Westminster Abbey.

Day 3 and LeVar hasn’t really improved at all. I feel badly for him. I think it’s a mixture of putting too much pressure on himself since he really wanted the full time gig and viewer expectations were through the roof. Doesn’t help he only gets one week of shows, which means he filmed all 5 on the same day. I browse the Jeopardy Reddit board and a contestant who filmed with him said they normally film three shows in the morning, take a lunch break and then film two more in the afternoon. On LeVar’s day, he had to do so many reshoots that they had to take lunch after the second show and filming went pretty late into the night. Not a good sign for him.

Day 3 and LeVar hasn’t really improved at all. I feel badly for him. I think it’s a mixture of putting too much pressure on himself since he really wanted the full time gig and viewer expectations were through the roof. Doesn’t help he only gets one week of shows, which means he filmed all 5 on the same day. I browse the Jeopardy Reddit board and a contestant who filmed with him said they normally film three shows in the morning, take a lunch break and then film two more in the afternoon. On LeVar’s day, he had to do so many reshoots that they had to take lunch after the second show and filming went pretty late into the night. Not a good sign for him.
I haven't had a chance to watch, but that is surprising. I thought LeVar would be a natural.

No idea if he would have any interest but Romo would be a fantastic host.

1628169323344.jpeg

Didn't see that coming.

Last week of the season starting today. Not sure how Joe Buck will do, but the current champ, Matt has been fantastic. 13 wins so far. Top 5 money earner of all time not including tournaments. Very James Holzhauer like. Rooting for him to get to 18 wins and to start off the next season.