Alex Trebeck's last shows | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Trebeck's last shows

7.jpg

Richards probably should not be the next host and it's obvious the execs underestimated/didn't know the extent of the bad news about him.

They should go for Aaron Rodgers if he retires after this season.

His supposed transgressions seemed minimal. Call me an insensitive brute.
However it played out, he's right in not allowing these distractions to besmirch the show Merv Griffin created and we all love. At least he can't be tried twice in the court of public opinion - that would be Double Jeopardy.

I like Lavar Burton but he was one of the worst guest hosts when he actually did the job.
He was a social media darling but he shouldn’t get the job.
Agree - it felt like he was trying too hard

They should just go with Mayim Bialik full time. But maybe she doesn't full time that so she can continue a regular acting career

So they are still "guest hosts"? If so, she's not the first.

How do you not have a Jeopardy succession plan in place where candidates are pre-vetted, pre-certified and then scrutinized one more time. Give Me a Break for $200.
I think his transgressions were minimal (not enough to derail an entire career - especially as a behind-the-scenes executive producer), but how do you not discover and not anticipate the furor over his recorded and largely available misogynist-ish, anti-Semitic-ish remarks?

Also, thank god for Matt Amodio. He’s making me forget somewhat about the hosting mess. Got his 21st win yesterday to move him into 3rd place on the most wins leaderboard. He’s 11 away from catching James Holzhauer. Rooting for the guy.