Alex Trebeck's last shows | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Trebeck's last shows

Spoiler alert!!! Tonight was one of the greatest Jeopardy's ever. Three great contestants including a 16 game champion. She had exactly double the 2nd place going into final jeopardy and of course he bet everything and got the question right so they were tied before they revealed her answer and bet. But I'm not going to say what happened.

But I will say that I feel sorry for brat packer Andrew McCarthy. They showed his photo and no one knew him. Guess they never saw 16 Candles or Mannequin. I think he was in those. Maybe even Melrose Place. Now he is a nobody.

Spoiler alert!!! Tonight was one of the greatest Jeopardy's ever. Three great contestants including a 16 game champion. She had exactly double the 2nd place going into final jeopardy and of course he bet everything and got the question right so they were tied before they revealed her answer and bet. But I'm not going to say what happened.

But I will say that I feel sorry for brat packer Andrew McCarthy. They showed his photo and no one knew him. Guess they never saw 16 Candles or Mannequin. I think he was in those. Maybe even Melrose Place. Now he is a nobody.
Well I'm glad I would have gotten McCarthy where none of the three did. I was right about Mannequin but it was Pretty in Pink, not 16 Candles (like there is even a difference) and Andrew Shue, not Andrew McCarthy in Melrose Place. Plus he also starred in Weekend at Bernies and St Elmo's Fires. How soon everyone forgets the Brat Pack era (except for maybe Rob Lowe and Charlie Sheen).

NBC News in a little hot water with their tweet about Mattea Roach. Whoops. Where is that Twitter edit button?

It's a golden age of Jeopardy. Absolutely fantastic champions. James, Buzzy, Amy, now Mattea. Last 5 years have produced some all-time players.
This one season alone has had three 19+ day champs. That’s unheard of. The last TOC had one 19 day winner. I think the second best had 9 or 10 wins. This TOC will have a 40 day, 38 day, 11 day champ and at least a 19 day champ with Mattea. Can’t wait til November!

Wow. I thought Mattea had met her match. She was trailing by almost $10K going into Final Jeopardy. She got it correct, while the leader had no idea. I was pretty sure she was going to win when she started writing furiously while the leader was just staring at the question with a puzzled look on her face.

23rd win, with $560K+ winnings. She's really good.

Wow. I thought Mattea had met her match. She was trailing by almost $10K going into Final Jeopardy. She got it correct, while the leader had no idea. I was pretty sure she was going to win when she started writing furiously while the leader was just staring at the question with a puzzled look on her face.

23rd win, with $560K+ winnings. She's really good.
Pretty easy FJ imo

Tonight's game

Mattea lost tonight by $1 as she missed the FJ question and wagered $1 too much. 23 wins - great champion, and we'll see her again.

Tonight's game

Mattea lost tonight by $1 as she missed the FJ question and wagered $1 too much. 23 wins - great champion, and we'll see her again.
I fail to see the logic in the winners FJ bet. I know she won, but she left money on the table.
Mattea was a great champion. Her constant interjections were unjeopardy-like, and ultimately her risk-averseness was her undoing.
If she does not adjust her game and become more aggressive like Ken did in the GOAT tourney, Matt and Amy will crush her.

I fail to see the logic in the winners FJ bet. I know she won, but she left money on the table.
Mattea was a great champion. Her constant interjections were unjeopardy-like, and ultimately her risk-averseness was her undoing.
If she does not adjust her game and become more aggressive like Ken did in the GOAT tourney, Matt and Amy will crush her.
For me, she was not the most likable champion. Her frequent reactions and running commentary were definitely something I hadn't seen much from a Jeopardy contestant, and had to be a distraction to the other players.

For me, she was not the most likable champion. Her frequent reactions and running commentary were definitely something I hadn't seen much from a Jeopardy contestant, and had to be a distraction to the other players.
One could argue that many of the long-time champions could have some quality not endearing to everyone. Just start with James Holshauer. This girl was incredible. Only twenty three years old. They threw a softball question at the eventual champion and Mattea still almost won. I enjoyed her run.

One could argue that many of the long-time champions could have some quality not endearing to everyone. Just start with James Holshauer. This girl was incredible. Only twenty three years old. They threw a softball question at the eventual champion and Mattea still almost won. I enjoyed her run.
No doubt that was a great run, and arguably the greatest we've seen considering her age. I just didn't care for her.

I took a practice jeopardy anytime test yesterday. Having to type the answers makes it difficult. Anyway, that's a delusion I can let go.

The thing that impressed me the most about Mattea was her knowledge to age factor. As a competitor she probably isn't close to her peak.

Every so often I feel I could be like Rosie Perez playing Jeopardy in White Man Can't Jump and be a champion if all my categories came up. Between this sports movies one the gambling one last week I could clear the board. Too bad I don't know fruits that start with the letter Q.

This new guy is objectively good, but there’s also a lot of luck and inferior decision making in his game play. His FJ stats are weak.

This new guy is objectively good, but there’s also a lot of luck and inferior decision making in his game play. His FJ stats are weak.
Not the best stats, but I like the guy. He almost died of Covid last year, lost his transit job in Philly and was driving an Uber to make ends meet. Needed family to help him buy his plane ticket to LA as he couldn’t afford it on his own and only brought two outfits with him. A very humble guy who is raising a young kid, I’m happy to see him win $200K+. It’s going to help his situation immensely. Happy for him.

Yeah, they may have to expand the TofC to make room for all of the 5+ game winners. :)
As of now, they have 12 5+ game winners. So three spots still open. One of them will go to the second chance tournament winner. I imagine if two more people this season get to five wins, they will lock up this tournament and future five game winners will be eligible for the one in 2023.