Alex Trebeck's last shows | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Trebeck's last shows

No doubt she is very impressive in a low key kind of way but am I the only one not impressed with the level of competition she has faced.

I would argue it's so rigorous to get on Jeopardy in the first place that I disagree with this take. She wins a lot because she's very good on the buzzer and has a broad knowledge base. She controls the game so well it makes the others look pathetic.

I would argue it's so rigorous to get on Jeopardy in the first place that I disagree with this take. She wins a lot because she's very good on the buzzer and has a broad knowledge base. She controls the game so well it makes the others look pathetic.
And her competitors quickly go into shell-shocked mode due to her speed and just insane knowledge.

Her knowledge base is extremely impressive but a lot of times her competitors have opportunities where she isn't crushing them like Holzhauer or Amodio did. You look at how much Holzhauer won per show, and he just crushed people. If he ever missed an answer or not got a daily double, it was surprising. Schneider just seems very methodical, but it seems like her opponents have more opportunities than Holzhauer or Amodio's did. At least to me it seems that way. But she is very good and well versed in many subjects.

Her knowledge base is extremely impressive but a lot of times her competitors have opportunities where she isn't crushing them like Holzhauer or Amodio did. You look at how much Holzhauer won per show, and he just crushed people. If he ever missed an answer or not got a daily double, it was surprising. Schneider just seems very methodical, but it seems like her opponents have more opportunities than Holzhauer or Amodio's did. At least to me it seems that way. But she is very good and well versed in many subjects.

The thing about Amy is that she goes top down on the board and doesn’t bet it all on daily doubles, which makes her streak even more impressive. Most impressive of all though is her buzzer timing. She might be the fastest I’ve ever seen on the buzzer. Doesn’t matter how much the other contestants know. If they can’t buzz in before her, they are dead in the water.

The quality of contestants isn’t lacking. They all take the same test to get in which is pretty difficult. Also, none of Amy’s episodes aired yet as of her most recent filming date of win 39 which was November 9th. Imagine walking in that morning and being told you are facing a 38 day champion you’ve never seen play before. The Monday contestants are sacrificial lambs and the rest have minutes or hours to come up with a proper strategy.

Bangladesh ends the run.

I was surprised she didn't get it.

I mean, I didn't get it, but I'm an idiot.
I got it. The "10 most populous countries" part did it for me. Like you, I was surprised she didn't.

Long live Amy! Looking forward to seeing her and Matt Imodio compete.

I have to wonder if these long-run champs feel any sort of relief when they finally lose. I think I would.

I got it. The "10 most populous countries" part did it for me. Like you, I was surprised she didn't.

Long live Amy! Looking forward to seeing her and Matt Imodio compete.

I have to wonder if these long-run champs feel any sort of relief when they finally lose. I think I would.

You think she threw the game at the end because she wanted to be done? I mean, Namath over Unitas earlier? Come on!

I already hate the new champ because he kept switching away from the Conference Championships game category.

You think she threw the game at the end because she wanted to be done? I mean, Namath over Unitas earlier? Come on!

I already hate the new champ because he kept switching away from the Conference Championships game category.
That was a tough Final Jeopardy question. But Joe Namath. That cost her. Plus the Leo DiCaprio question. None of them knew he was in Basketball Diaries, a great movie that is the Jim Carroll story. Disappointing. She was very pedestrian tonight but she had a great run. 2nd most wins all time. A lot to be said for that.

Could the NFL.one been any easier?

No, I don't think that at all.

I was just wondering if these long-run champs feel any sort of relief from the pressure when they finally lose.

That's all.

No, I don't think that at all.

I was just wondering if these long-run champs feel any sort of relief from the pressure when they finally lose.

That's all.

I was kidding. I think she just brain farted on the final question. Happens to the best of us.

Great run. Watched tonight and luckily, didn't check this thread until afterwards. Spoiled it for myself a couple times here :)

I was kidding. I think she just brain farted on the final question. Happens to the best of us.
We watched it as well last night, and I'm of the opinion she either threw it or was just so mentally fatigued after 40 shows that she just missed it. Maybe she didn't want to challenge Ken for his record now that she was in 2nd place. That's my theory anyway.

And yeah, that NFL category was so easy it was silly.

We watched it as well last night, and I'm of the opinion she either threw it or was just so mentally fatigued after 40 shows that she just missed it. Maybe she didn't want to challenge Ken for his record now that she was in 2nd place. That's my theory anyway.

And yeah, that NFL category was so easy it was silly.
I think once she passed Matt, she was content. They only film twice a week, sometimes back to back weeks and sometimes every other week. That’s a lot of flying when you don’t live in LA. Plus, even winning a million dollars, you don’t get paid til after the shows air so still have to keep working to pay the bills. I’d be mentally exhausted too.

She may have been burnt out but I don’t think she purposefully lost. If my memory serves me correctly, she was up like 24 something thousand to 7 something thousand when he got the last daily double. And it was towards the end of double jeopardy. Kudos to him for going all in. There were too many contestants before where they’d bet very conservatively when Amy had a big lead.

Final jeopardy was tough. I never knew Bangladesh is top 10 in population. But like chip I’m just an idiot.

It’s kind of funny that both Holzhauer and Schneider were ousted by librarians

I think once she passed Matt, she was content. They only film twice a week, sometimes back to back weeks and sometimes every other week. That’s a lot of flying when you don’t live in LA. Plus, even winning a million dollars, you don’t get paid til after the shows air so still have to keep working to pay the bills. I’d be mentally exhausted too.
Watched tonight and after Rhone lost after just one win, my wife is now leaning to my thinking as well

She may have been burnt out but I don’t think she purposefully lost. If my memory serves me correctly, she was up like 24 something thousand to 7 something thousand when he got the last daily double. And it was towards the end of double jeopardy. Kudos to him for going all in. There were too many contestants before where they’d bet very conservatively when Amy had a big lead.

Final jeopardy was tough. I never knew Bangladesh is top 10 in population. But like chip I’m just an idiot.

It’s kind of funny that both Holzhauer and Schneider were ousted by librarians
Agree. She had a very healthy lead til he hit that. Dont think there was much more than 3-4k total left on the board and she didn't have time to double him up. Then it was just up to 1 question and Bangladesh is definitely not a country that comes to mind for having a huge population.

Tournament of Champions line up so far. Think it will be the best one they have ever had. I personally think Andrew, the guy Amy beat in her first game is the third best player here and a threat to her and Matt Amodio.

7FB48F49-E910-4532-957E-0EFAE212F7C3.jpeg

You didn’t need to know it was 10 ten most populated nation, as it’s the only nation ending in H.

This is pretty cool. Jeopardy is going to have a “postseason.” There’s going to be a second chance tournament featuring 14 memorable returning players who couldn’t win four games. Plus the fourth place finisher of the College Championship will earn a spot as well. Winner gets the last spot in the Tournament of Champions.