Alex Trebeck's last shows | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Trebeck's last shows

I took a practice jeopardy anytime test yesterday. Having to type the answers makes it difficult. Anyway, that's a delusion I can let go.
Anyone know what kind of score you need on the real test to have a shot? I got 21/30 on the practice test, which is decent, but guessing not good enough

I think a lot of casual watchers aren’t aware Jeopardy films a weeks worth of shows in one day and takes long breaks after every few tape days. He had a two week filming break in between his last win and the loss. That’s a long time to sit around and lose your momentum plus not to mention flying back and forth from Philly to LA. No way he threw his first game back after a long layoff and flight. If anything, he would have lost the game before knowing a filming break was coming.

5D128278-2700-4CC1-B688-D4A1E8A1383C.jpeg
Looks like a local coming up Thursday. A professor at Onondaga Community College I believe.

View attachment 218016Looks like a local coming up Thursday. A professor at Onondaga Community College I believe.
It was a rough game as all three contestants missed Final Jeopardy, but the Syracuse grad and resident came through to become the champion. Let’s see if he can make it two in a row tomorrow.

This is disappointing. The flow is so much better with Ken in charge.
Mayim B is fine. Let's say the show just started and she was the inaugural host, she'd be terrific. But it hasn't. The show has a history and Ken Jennings is big part of that history and he has a healthy attachment to the show and its lineage. He knows it from both sides and it registers in subtle and affirming ways that make it more enjoyable to watch when he's at the rudder.

Mayim B is fine. Let's say the show just started and she was the inaugural host, she'd be terrific. But it hasn't. The show has a history and Ken Jennings is big part of that history and he has a healthy attachment to the show and its lineage. He knows it from both sides and it registers in subtle and affirming ways that make it more enjoyable to watch when he's at the rudder.
The show itself is bigger than its host, and will probably be around long after all of us are gone. I prefer Ken, but I'll watch no matter the host.

Second chance tournament contestants have been announced. Tournament begins October 17th. It is actually two mini-tournaments of 9 contestants each. Two winners going on to the TOC. Now I’m intrigued as to how many people are in the TOC as 15 are already eligible. Are there going to be more than usual or are some of them going to be held over for a future tournament?

The Tournament of Champions field has been announced. The biggest TOC yet with 21 contestants. 6 single elimination quarterfinal matches featuring 18 contestants. Matt, Amy and Mattea are receiving byes to the semifinals. Three single elimination semifinal matches. The finals will be first to whoever wins 3 matches, meaning the finals can go 7 days. It all starts October 31st.

Here’s the roster:

1. Jaskaran Singh (JNCC 2022)
2. Sam Buttrey (Professor's Tournament)
3. Amy Schneider
4. Matt Amodio
5. Mattea Roach
6. Ryan Long
7. Jonathan Fisher
8. Brian Chang
9. Courtney Shah
10. Eric Ahasic
11. Zach Newkirk
12. Megan Wachspress
13. Andrew He
14. Tyler Rhode
15. Jackie Kelly
16. John Focht
17. Margaret Shelton
18. Maureen O'Neil
19. Christine Whelchel
20. **Second Chance Tournament Winner #1**
21. **Second Chance Tournament Winner #2**

The Tournament of Champions field has been announced. The biggest TOC yet with 21 contestants. 6 single elimination quarterfinal matches featuring 18 contestants. Matt, Amy and Mattea are receiving byes to the semifinals. Three single elimination semifinal matches. The finals will be first to whoever wins 3 matches, meaning the finals can go 7 days. It all starts October 31st.

Here’s the roster:

3. Amy Schneider
4. Matt Amodio
5. Mattea Roach
6. Ryan Long
7. Jonathan Fisher
8. Brian Chang
9. Courtney Shah
10. Eric Ahasic
11. Zach Newkirk
12. Megan Wachspress
13. Andrew He
14. Tyler Rhode
15. Jackie Kelly
16. John Focht
17. Margaret Shelton
18. Maureen O'Neil
19. Christine Whelchel

Do you know if the finals will be hour-long "double games"? I think that's what they did with the GOAT tourney.

Do you know if the finals will be hour-long "double games"? I think that's what they did with the GOAT tourney.
I don’t think they will be an hour because as far as I know, the TOC is in the normal Jeopardy slot and not in prime time. Would love for it to be in prime time like the GOAT though.

Here’s the roster:

3. Amy Schneider
4. Matt Amodio
5. Mattea Roach
6. Ryan Long
7. Jonathan Fisher
8. Brian Chang
9. Courtney Shah
10. Eric Ahasic
11. Zach Newkirk
12. Megan Wachspress
13. Andrew He
14. Tyler Rhode
15. Jackie Kelly
16. John Focht
17. Margaret Shelton
18. Maureen O'Neil
19. Christine Whelchel
lol - there's a lot of names there I don't know, but I'm sure I would recognize every face.

lol - there's a lot of names there I don't know, but I'm sure I would recognize every face.
Some of these people we haven’t seen in almost two years. Zach Newkirk actually started his run under Alex Trebek. Won the last four games of the season that finished filming very early in the Covid pandemic. Couldn’t come back at the start of the new season due to travel restrictions so came back in early 2021 after Alex’s death and beat Brian Chang, who was an 8 day champ I believe. First time in a while they had two champions on a regular show.

A week into the new season and we have our first qualifier for next year’s Tournament of Champions. A month til tournament season and celebrity Jeopardy starts next week. Heard that’s a tournament format too. Can’t wait!

I think there need to be severe repercussions for any contestant who enters FJ with a lead, correctly answers the clue, and manages to lose.

Public flogging on Twitter and the interwebs is insufficient.