All I Have to Say... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

All I Have to Say...

My personal opinion is we’ve tried to focus too much on speed. How many times in a season do we even have a WR outrun the defense for a score. It’s such a small % of our ability to score but we place an emphasis on it. Give me an Alec lemon or AET, guys who can run routes and catch balls any day. So much more important than guys with pure speed.
Ishmael, and Phillips caught almost 200 passes between them in 2017. 105 by Ishmael, and 89 by Phillips.

Injuries and better competition.
Better competition is questionable.

Look at Louisville now at 6-4 looking great

Look at Purdue leading the B10 West and improving

NC ST even after losing their QB have kept things together at 7-3

Hell even UConn is bowl eligible with a future NFL RB

UVA is a conference win whatever way you slice it

Those weren’t some gimmes to get to 6-0. 4 of those teams have improved throughout the season like you’re supposed to and count as good wins.

The back half of the schedule looked a lot tougher on paper preseason than it really was.

Clemson is definitely not the same Clemson.

Notre Dame had home losses to Marshall, Stanford with one of the worst defenses in the country and bottom of the barrel pac 12, and barely beat Navy last week 35-32.

Pitt is no where near they were predicted to win their side of the conference. Having a very ordinary season with no passing game.

FSU started the season bad stacking up losses , but improved throughout the season and playing their best ball right now. Still nothing better than a top 20 team.

Wake is 6-4 and allergic to defense. No where near expected.

BC is a last place in their division team.

How did the competition improve where it’s that big of a difference from the first half.

Thanks for sharing! What about when marrone dropped 5 in a row to end the season? That was different I guess? It wasn’t but Im sure you will create some false narrative to support it. And Dino is facing tougher as well.

And I think Doug is a far better coach than Dino as well
In that teams defense Marrone had been recruiting for 2 whole classes. We couldn’t afford to lose a single starter or the drop off was gigantic. Dino in year 7 of recruiting really shouldn’t have the same exact issue. So I have to say it actually is different.

In that teams defense Marrone had been recruiting for 2 whole classes. We couldn’t afford to lose a single starter or the drop off was gigantic. Dino in year 7 of recruiting really shouldn’t have the same exact issue. So I have to say it actually is different.

easier league back then as well. They were both teams that showed promise when healthy and cratered back half of the season because of too many injuries. It's very similar, IMO

Oh I agree 100%. I enjoy bantering back and forth about it with people than I do actually watching this team play the past 4 weeks. It's a joke but I care about 10% as much as I use too. Syracuse might be a pretty tough place to win football games consistently.

Eventually we will move on from Dino and insert some new coach with big ideas who will soon figure out that it's a tough job. The fans will be calling for his head again and the beat goes on.

It would take a GREAT not good coach to be successful here even for 3-4 years. Just my opinion.

You know, for the first time in a generation, really, we have had a very good turnout by the fans, and generally didn't get blown out in all our big home games for any of the first 4 or 5 home games. No early season What Was That kind of losses.

The fans will support a successful program. They want to be good. The interest is there. Just put better people in charge.

easier league back then as well. They were both teams that showed promise when healthy and cratered back half of the season because of too many injuries. It's very similar, II
I guess what I was trying to say is that we shouldn't still be remotely similar to that with HCDB in year 7 of recruiting. I would have hoped he could have built some quality depth by now. Other than the backend of the defense the whole rest of the team is in trouble once a few key injuries happen.