All I Have to Say... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All I Have to Say...

How would we know? Gilbert/Dino didn’t call positive passing plays.

The players I hinted to have had plenty of chances. Plenty.
Amba Etta Tawo struggled his first 3 years at Maryland and was a superstar at cuse, custis struggled at cuse and then broke out his senior year. I’m not saying everyone can, but I wouldn't write off half the team at this point.

Thanks for sharing! What about when marrone dropped 5 in a row to end the season? That was different I guess? It wasn’t but Im sure you will create some false narrative to support it. And Dino is facing tougher as well.

And I think Doug is a far better coach than Dino as well
The AJ Long experience was riveting but this, this can not stand!

YES!!

At the end of the day, we have had 2-3 good seasons in 20 years, the rest have sucked, no way around it.

There is a reason that a 6 win season was determined good enough to keep your job at Syracuse and now people want to say it isn't.
And fwiw I don't blame people for checking out. Life is too short to sit through bad movies bad books bad games pull the rip cord.

Amba Etta Tawo struggled his first 3 years at Maryland and was a superstar at cuse, custis struggled at cuse and then broke out his senior year. I’m not saying everyone can, but I wouldn't write off half the team at this point.

In 7 years DB and staff have had like 5 or so success stories at WR. Success stories based on our low standards. That’s less than 10% of amount of schollies dedicated to that position. So could some guys improve, sure. Do the %’s say they will, not likely.

I’m hoping Beck and Anae are the only ones allowed to decide on WR recruiting talent moving forward

And fwiw I don't blame people for checking out. Life is too short to sit through bad movies bad books bad games pull the rip cord.

Oh I agree 100%. I enjoy bantering back and forth about it with people than I do actually watching this team play the past 4 weeks. It's a joke but I care about 10% as much as I use too. Syracuse might be a pretty tough place to win football games consistently.

Eventually we will move on from Dino and insert some new coach with big ideas who will soon figure out that it's a tough job. The fans will be calling for his head again and the beat goes on.

It would take a GREAT not good coach to be successful here even for 3-4 years. Just my opinion.

In 7 years DB and staff have had like 5 or so success stories at WR. Success stories based on our low standards. That’s less than 10% of amount of schollies dedicated to that position. So could some guys improve, sure. Do the %’s say they will, not likely.

I’m hoping Beck and Anae are the only ones allowed to decide on WR recruiting talent moving forward

It's really been a blind spot, we find a 5-10 undersized walk on nose tackle for a 3-3-5 sytem who has held up at the point of attack like a warrior all season but we take 20 shots at wide receiver and can't find 3-4 decent ones. They need to redo how they are evaluating the talent at the WR position

Oh I agree 100%. I enjoy bantering back and forth about it with people than I do actually watching this team play the past 4 weeks. It's a joke but I care about 10% as much as I use too. Syracuse might be a pretty tough place to win football games consistently.

Eventually we will move on from Dino and insert some new coach with big ideas who will soon figure out that it's a tough job. The fans will be calling for his head again and the beat goes on.

It would take a GREAT not good coach to be successful here even for 3-4 years. Just my opinion.
I think that SU needs to focus on keeping this staff together. By that i believe that with the exception of Dino we have our best OC and DC in a very long time. So how do we keep the band together.
Two ways. The first is to keep Dino but his contract needs to be performance based. The second is to let Dino go after next year and elevate White. For me if we believe that White is a great D coach why not take a chance on him as a head coach knowing that half of the equation is covered. The guy has done a great job as good as I have seen with his D and he seems to have the energy and buy in from his players. Let that enthusiasm spread across the whole team. The more i think about it we have good coaches we just don't have a good head coach.

It's really been a blind spot, we find a 5-10 undersized walk on nose tackle for a 3-3-5 sytem who has held up at the point of attack like a warrior all season but we take 20 shots at wide receiver and can't find 3-4 decent ones. They need to redo how they are evaluating the talent at the WR position

My personal opinion is we’ve tried to focus too much on speed. How many times in a season do we even have a WR outrun the defense for a score. It’s such a small % of our ability to score but we place an emphasis on it. Give me an Alec lemon or AET, guys who can run routes and catch balls any day. So much more important than guys with pure speed.

I think that SU needs to focus on keeping this staff together. By that i believe that with the exception of Dino we have our best OC and DC in a very long time. So how do we keep the band together.
Two ways. The first is to keep Dino but his contract needs to be performance based. The second is to let Dino go after next year and elevate White. For me if we believe that White is a great D coach why not take a chance on him as a head coach knowing that half of the equation is covered. The guy has done a great job as good as I have seen with his D and he seems to have the energy and buy in from his players. Let that enthusiasm spread across the whole team. The more i think about it we have good coaches we just don't have a good head coach.
You are so on about White. Personally, I would like to see DB gone and White promoted now. With him running the entire program and focusing on Defense while Anae and Beck 100% focused on offense without Dino destroying all that is good.

Next year will be the same with Dino and his Ohana stuff. Time for SU to move on and cut their ties with this wealthy coach who can’t win. Same crap every year with subpar recruiting,especially with the DL and WR. I’m all for a change and giving someone like Scott Frost, Dion Sanders, Dan Mullen or whomever, a chance to right the ship in CNY for Dino has become a stubborn meathead and I (we) don’t like it anymore.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is we’ve tried to focus too much on speed. How many times in a season do we even have a WR outrun the defense for a score. It’s such a small % of our ability to score but we place an emphasis on it. Give me an Alec lemon or AET, guys who can run routes and catch balls any day. So much more important than guys with pure speed.

Agree 100%. More Lemon/ Sales types

Certainly could be a road to go down. Curious what will happen if White has interest from other programs whether it be a bigger program as a DC or a smaller program as a HC. Could get interesting.

I believe that Beck and Anae are under contract at least through end of next year, obviously no guarantees they will be back. Just don't know.

It's a shame that the wheels have completely fallen off because 7-8 wins would have been a great year and could have rolled into next year with some real positive momentum but I think it's pretty clear where this thing is heading.

Praying for a miracle heading in but certainly don't see it because it's going to take just that at this point

True, but the people who say they pulled the rip cord a few years ago, and yet still post here, are either lying, or weird, or both.

Next year will be the same with Dino and his Ohana stuff. Time for SU to move on and cut their ties with this wealthy coach who can’t win. Same crap every year with subpar recruiting,especially with the DL and WR. I’m all for a change and giving someone like Scott Frost, Dion Sanders, Dan Mullen or whomever, a chance to right the ship in CNY for Dino has become a stubborn meathead and I (we) don’t like it anymore.
You lost me at Scott Frost

I don't think you're going to fire the Head Coach and then promote guys on the staff. Doesn't work that way. What are the examples that happens?

If you want White and any chance of retaining say a guy like Beck or West or Achuff or Schmidt you'd have to fire DB now and promote White to interim HC.

(side note I think Achuff and West are the 2 best position coaches on the staff.)

I don't think you're going to fire the Head Coach and then promote guys on the staff. Doesn't work that way. What are the examples that happens?

If you want White and any chance of retaining say a guy like Beck or West or Achuff or Schmidt you'd have to fire DB now and promote White to interim HC.

(side note I think Achuff and West are the 2 best position coaches on the staff.)

Seems like it's going to happen at Wisconsin.

And are these guys even fast, really?

True, but the people who say they pulled the rip cord a few years ago, and yet still post here, are either lying, or weird, or both.
I meant pulling the rip cord that particular day

I pull the rip cord on my kids all the time. I'm all done parenting for today g'bye. But it's just for that day.

You keep trying because sometimes it goes right and it is great when it does

Give me really good years here and there and I'll lose interest in the bad to really bad years, I have settled into my comfort zone.

Basically fair weather fandom is best and you just watch enough to avoid feeling guilty.

I dont know the Wisconsin situation, is the guy the interim Head Coach now ?

I think he's the guy they wanted beyond this year, but I just saw that in passing.