All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire. | Syracusefan.com

All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire.

4evaOrange

Go kick rocks you goober!!!
So making this for all things Marvel.

First up on the docket.
MOON KNIGHT

very interested in who Hawke is playing heard it could be Dracula or now people are saying Sun King, who I assume is RA. Also the shot of the moon god khonsu in the trailer

Yeah, looking forward Moon Knight. Weird character I don't know much about.

I was wondering why I hadnt seen this movie coming out.. then I see at the end its a new series.. Never heard of it either. I dont recall seeing it even being mentioned as a new show idea.

I really don't know much about Moon Knight -- doesn't he have multiple personalities?

Could make for an interesting backdrop, if done right.

Will be interesting to see what Marvel does with the series. I don't feel as invested with some of these peripheral characters, so Phase 4 is interesting to watch play out.

they have 5 shows on the docket for 2022 if they all come out.. Most of these minor Chars have no real love by most main stream Marvel fans so it will be interesting to see what they do.

I finished watching Eternals last night. Took me 3-4 days to get through it.

There’s barely a connection to the rest of the MCU. In fact, there are more references to DC than the MCU. So I’m wondering why this movie was even made.

I really don't know much about Moon Knight -- doesn't he have multiple personalities?

Will be interesting to see what Marvel does with the series. I don't feel as invested with some of these peripheral characters, so Phase 4 is interesting to watch play out.
dissociative identity disorder and schizophrenia.
Show will introduce Egyptian God Khonsu which is how he gets his power. And this is also on the “horror” side of marvel rumored to introduce midnight sons with MK, Blade, Ghost Rider, morbious, werewolf by night, a few others.

We can say that phase 4 isn’t as interesting but one thing with Feige is, is that he has all this mapped out. And has a plan for what he’s gonna do with these new characters.

There’s barely a connection to the rest of the MCU. In fact, there are more references to DC than the MCU. So I’m wondering why this movie was even made.
I like it a lot and the implications it has over the MCU is pretty big if not as big as the multiverse.

This video is a interesting watch and to take from it what you want but it’s a great watch.

I was wondering why I hadnt seen this movie coming out.. then I see at the end its a new series.. Never heard of it either. I dont recall seeing it even being mentioned as a new show idea.
Was brought up last year and only got teaser few months ago. After Hawkeye there was no order and still really isn’t with shows so people thought either this, Ms Marvel or She Hulk would come out, so we didn’t know u til someone a couple days ago rumored a late March drop.

they made it pretty clear this group was not gonna meddle in what was happening on earth so I can see why they wouldnt have much of a connection.

some of this makes sense with Kirby leaving Marvel for DC , coming up with New Gods then going back to Marvel and doing the Eternals.. these chars are a step above most super super heroes

they have 5 shows on the docket for 2022 if they all come out.. Most of these minor Chars have no real love by most main stream Marvel fans so it will be interesting to see what they do.
No one knew Guardians either before the first movie came out and it was fantastic. I have faith Feige knows what he’s doing with these other characters.

No one knew Guardians either before the first movie came out and it was fantastic. I have faith Feige knows what he’s doing with these other characters.

That's fair -- and I agree, the Marvel movies / long form series have all been good, so in Marvel Studios I trust.

I'm just pointing out that many of these more minor characters don't bring the same cache to the universe and don't seem as epic as the Phase I, 2, and 3 movies did.

And some of the Phase 4 movies seem barely connected to Marvel. Example -- I enjoyed Shang Chi a lot, but the character was nothing like the comics, and it would have been a random stand alone fantasy / martial arts flick not connected to the MCU at all if not for the post-credits scene. I know that there's a bigger plan -- and that the connection between these movies will become clearer as we move forward.

I'm more looking forward to down the road, with FF / X-Men looming to catapult the MCU into the next 10+ years of films than I am about Moon Knight -- that's all I'm saying.

And I'm looking forward to Moon Knight, for the record. But an Avengers team comprised of Kate Bishop, Shang Chi, Black Knight, and Starfox isn't as interesting to me as the one with Cap, Iron Man, and Thor.

Last edited:
That's fair -- and I agree, the Marvel movies / long form series have all been good, so in MCU I trust.

I'm just pointing out that many of these more minor characters don't bring the same cache to the universe and don't seem as epic as the Phase I, 2, and 3 movies did -- and some of the Phase 4 movies seem barely connected to Marvel. Example -- I enjoyed Shang Chi a lot, but the character was nothing like the comics, and it would have been a random stand alone fantasy / martial arts flick if not for the post-credits scene. I know that there's a bigger plan -- just pointing that out.

I'm more looking forward to down the road, with FF / X-Men looming to catapult the MCU into the next 10+ years of films than I am about Moon Knight -- that's all I'm saying.

And I'm looking forward to Moon Knight, for the record. But an Avengers team comprised of Kate Bishop, Shang Chi, and Starfox isn't as interesting to me as the one with Cap, Iron Man, and Thor.
I think that's a good point, the X-Men are coming and that will bring a lot of fan favorite characters.

What's funny about getting the Fantastic Four is they're not the best part of that deal - it's Doctor Doom.

dissociative identity disorder and schizophrenia.
Show will introduce Egyptian God Khonsu which is how he gets his power. And this is also on the “horror” side of marvel rumored to introduce midnight sons with MK, Blade, Ghost Rider, morbious, werewolf by night, a few others.

We can say that phase 4 isn’t as interesting but one thing with Feige is, is that he has all this mapped out. And has a plan for what he’s gonna do with these new characters.
Isn’t Morbius a Sony joint?

That's fair -- and I agree, the Marvel movies / long form series have all been good, so in Marvel Studios I trust.

I'm just pointing out that many of these more minor characters don't bring the same cache to the universe and don't seem as epic as the Phase I, 2, and 3 movies did.

And some of the Phase 4 movies seem barely connected to Marvel. Example -- I enjoyed Shang Chi a lot, but the character was nothing like the comics, and it would have been a random stand alone fantasy / martial arts flick not connected to the MCU at all if not for the post-credits scene. I know that there's a bigger plan -- and that the connection between these movies will become clearer as we move forward.

And I'm looking forward to Moon Knight, for the record. But an Avengers team comprised of Kate Bishop, Shang Chi, Black Knight, and Starfox isn't as interesting to me as the one with Cap, Iron Man, and Thor.
You’ll get used to the new roster at some point. I look at it like Cuse bball. We love most of the three or four year veterans but at some point they move on and we have to get used to the new guys. Some are better liked than others but they are all Syracuse and we cheer them on.

Isn’t Morbius a Sony joint?
He is. The trailer showed Adrian Toomes the Homecoming villan so who knows if marvel and Sonh worked out a shared/borrowed character.

And Doctor Strange MoM is gonna. Well…..
Read for yourself.

And for the record the last leaks from multiple movies have been correct so I’m inclined to believe at least some of these are happening.

And Doctor Strange MoM is gonna. Well…..
Read for yourself.

And for the record the last leaks from multiple movies have been correct so I’m inclined to believe at least some of these are happening.

That's pretty crazy. And certainly one way to reify having different versions, as Loki demonstrated.

It would also serve the purpose of pulling those movies into MCU canon, indirectly.

That's pretty crazy. And certainly one way to reify having different versions, as Loki demonstrated.

It would also serve the purpose of pulling those movies into MCU canon, indirectly.
Correct.

I thought it was pretty good. It laid out a lot of opportunities for connections to that story line for the future.

Ultimately there had to be some groundwork laid out to use as a building block plus the opportunity to use the overlap with Thor and X-Men in the comics.

There is certainly plenty of open space to chart after this first film.

As a Marvel comics collector dating back to junior high and continuing for years after i got married and had kids, I'm rooting for all the movies and TV shows to be big hits to drive up what remains of my collection.

Sold off about half of it a couple years back for $7K. Found money. I had expanded my comics taste beyond Marvel post-college, so it's a pretty eclectic mix. Offer me $1 mill for it, and I'll even toss in shipping costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom