All time underrated RB? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All time underrated RB?

I think Delone Carter could have put up some really serious numbers if he didn't have that 2-year injury spat and wasn't part of GERG teams for the first half of his career here.

As it is, isn't he 3rd in all-time in yards for SU?
He probably would have been a 4k guy at the school if not for the injury. I remember there being a point in time when we didn't think he'd come back from the injury at all.

He lost all of 2007 and 2008 was Brinkley's senior year where he was the full time starter.

Great memory of me from Reyes - I had tickets to the game against ND his Sr yr…. (I live in southern ny ) we get hit with a blizzard , I can’t make it there . My great wife says “you have the whole game in the basement I’ll watch the 2 infant kids “ . He had a day , one of the great performances in the dome all time
I got hit with that blizzard too. Made it as far as Route 287 in Jersey before I finally gave up, turned around and went home. Watched the game from home instead of the Dome and watched Walter go off!

David Walker. Not all that fast or flashy but was strong and had just enough wiggle to slip tackles. Never seemed to lose yardage. He nearly had 1000 yards his junior season in an era when we really spread the carries around and never averaged less than 4.9 ypc.
Holy sheeet ! david walker was mungro before mungro 5 foot 9 with thighs the size of my waist - he was a great running back , prototypical SU RB back then . I played pick up hoops against him , he was hard to keep in front of you !

not underrated to us but to the nation...joe morris believe it or not. Best I've ever seen. You never see him mentioned with the greats on most telecasts when they talk about the greatest as they only talk up #44
Totally agree. He was the best back I have seen at SU since the mid-70’s, he’s our all time rushing leader and yet Joe still seems like an after thought. When he went to the pros he initially sat on the bench because Butch Woolfork was ahead him. Joe’s talent jumped out of the stadium when you watched him run. He was fast and small but powerful because he was “thickly built.” This guy should be on the Ring of Honor.

what about Tebucky shermaine Jones or Diamond Ferri ?
tebucky was a stud who rushed, return kicks and was eventually drafted as a safety.
diamond ferry also played both sides and had his best game against BC!
141 yds and 2 td's rushing and a PICK SIX.

not underrated to us but to the nation...joe morris believe it or not. Best I've ever seen. You never see him mentioned with the greats on most telecasts when they talk about the greatest as they only talk up #44
It’s kind of ridiculous that his name didn’t come up ( from me as well being a giants fan and SU fan. he was before my time as an SU fan. But could only imagine how great he was in college ! Call of the night !!

Totally agree. He was the best back I have seen at SU since the mid-70’s, he’s our all time rushing leader and yet Joe still seems like an after thought. When he went to the pros he initially sat on the bench because Butch Woolfork was ahead him. Joe’s talent jumped out of the stadium when you watched him run. He was fast and small but powerful because he was “thickly built.” This guy should be on the Ring of Honor. Morris chance
Morris was so strong, he was built like a triangle. When he changed direction he seemed to just tip his shoulders and go.

It’s kind of ridiculous that his name didn’t come up ( from me as well being a giants fan and SU fan. he was before my time as an SU fan. But could only imagine how great he was in college ! Call of the night !!
I think his name doesn’t come up because all of us old guys don’t consider him underrated - his is one of the standards. Just not a #44. And to the younger fans, they don’t know him because he wasn’t a #44. Which was a shame.

I would have loved to see Morris and Walker and a couple other guys listed here wear them number.

Malcolm Thomas was very good, I forgot about him - unfortunately was stuck on a crowded backfield depth chart most of his career.
Ran hard and tough and was shifty. I loved that ‘96 team.

That team is such a tragedy. Never should have lost to Minnesota or Miami. We should have been in the Orange Bowl playing Nebraska.
Yup. After they got it together and destroyed everybody for 2 months after the 0-2 start, I was positive they would handle Miami. Was anticipating that game for weeks. Tough breaks.

That 8 game winning streak where they just romped everybody was awesome. VT and Army in particular were a lot of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom