All time underrated RB? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

All time underrated RB?

That team is such a tragedy. Never should have lost to Minnesota or Miami. We should have been in the Orange Bowl playing Nebraska.

The worst referee call in Dome history was when the Miami guy ran headlong into our punt-returner and the refs allowed it because he was "blocked into him", which was BS. We wound up tied with Miami and Virginia Tech, whom we'd already crushed for the Big East title. They went to major bowls and we went to the Liberty Bowl.

Last edited:
Thomas came immediately to mind for me, but then I checked his stats and realized he didn't have 1000 yds his senior season like I thought. So I thought my memory was overrating him. But he shared carries with Konrad and McIntosh and Tebucky.
Kyle McIntosh was a really great jitterbug. I chatted with him and Malcolm a few times and was always blown away at how short they were. That was our "style" RB then.

Mungro was my guy - always thought he was shortchanged the first couple years of his career here. Dee Brown wasn’t anything to sneeze at either though.

Mungro was my guy - always thought he was shortchanged the first couple years of his career here. Dee Brown wasn’t anything to sneeze at either though.
Mungro was slippery. Tacklers just slid off him. Seemed like he never really got hit square or was even wrapped up all that well.

Funny seeing Barry Baker’s name again and that evergreen conversation about where he counted as a scholarship player or not.

The curse of North Babylon RB’s - both him and Gwaltney put up video game HS numbers but never amounted to much at the college level.

I'd say Curtis Brinkley and Ant Bailey are a little unappreciated for what they did on the field.

BUT...Apparently the "correct answer" being the only RB in the top 10 of the all-time rushing list not mentioned, other than Floyd Little, is......Moe Neal! (apologies if he was mentioned and I missed it, I didn't think of him either til I peeked!)

Last edited:
Funny seeing Barry Baker’s name again and that evergreen conversation about where he counted as a scholarship player or not.

The curse of North Babylon RB’s - both him and Gwaltney put up video game HS numbers but never amounted to much at the college level.
One of Cali's favorites.

Kid reminds me of Tucker. Great vision and strong lower body
He could really hit a hole.

But He lacked breakaway speed - he was not at all fast.

I seem to recall that by the end of 1974, Kinsey was injured an unable to play - he had bad hamstrings?

I don't think he ever played again.

Am I right about that?

He could really hit a hole.

But He lacked breakaway speed - he was not at all fast.

I seem to recall that by the end of 1974, Kinsey was injured an unable to play - he had bad hamstrings?

I don't think he ever played again.

Am I right about that?

His stats are on the link above but I think you memory on this is basically correct. He had a couple of 100 yard games early in '74, (when we needed some good news), but injuries prevented him from staying on that level.

Nah, but under mentioned. I guess I go way back to the Davis, Mackey, Nance, Little and Zonk years. That was my heyday on the Hill.

I'd say Curtis Brinkley and Ant Bailey are a little unappreciated for what they did on the field.

BUT...Apparently the "correct answer" being the only RB in the top 10 of the all-time rushing list not mentioned, other than Floyd Little, is...Moe Neal! (apologies if he was mentioned and I missed it, I didn't think of him either til I peeked!)
Agree about Neal. He averaged 5 yards/carry with a below average OL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom