All time underrated RB? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

All time underrated RB?

Malcolm Thomas - because he was good and hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Always liked Antwon Bailey a lot too.
Thomas came immediately to mind for me, but then I checked his stats and realized he didn't have 1000 yds his senior season like I thought. So I thought my memory was overrating him. But he shared carries with Konrad and McIntosh and Tebucky.

Thomas came immediately to mind for me, but then I checked his stats and realized he didn't have 1000 yds his senior season like I thought. So I thought my memory was overrating him. But he shared carries with Konrad and McIntosh and Tebucky.
I think he did, counting the bowl game. All the stats only show for the 11 game regular season though.

Who do you guys think is the most underrated all time great Syracuse running back ? Not in his day , but now , a guy that nobody talks about . I have mine … let er rip
I would go with David Walker. He wasn’t that big or that fast but he was really smart and had a great knack for making great reads and getting big first downs.

I think he did, counting the bowl game. All the stats only show for the 11 game regular season though.
Wow you are right. Good call. He had 201 yds vs Houston in the Liberty Bowl.

love dee but the fumble. it was his bill buckner moment. great great career but i remember that one play.
thing is we had this big dude #44 konrad. thought he was getting the carry. notice he's not mentioned here.
hmmmm. overrated ?

Last edited:
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Dee Brown (other than that cat also played for the Royals and Celtics ;)) is the fumble he had at the goal line as a freshman. I think it was a close loss against NC State, but not 100% sure.
I was there

David Walker. Hands down for me. He would spin off a tackler and gain 3 yards every time.

I bet he had the smallest percentage of negative runs of any feature back we ever had.
That’s exactly right. He always seemed to get you something.

Antwon Bailey was a dam good RB at Syracuse.
Excellent runner, pretty good receiver.
Only 5’ 7”.
Ran for a ton of yards in that win against Notre Dame (Gerg’s one shining moment)

Only mentioned once and it is BC week so diamond ferri. Single handedly took over that game. Amazing feat of strength
Less remembered but Mungro had a monster game against them in the Dome in 2001, too.

Who do you guys think is the most underrated all time great Syracuse running back ? Not in his day , but now , a guy that nobody talks about . I have mine … let er rip
Reyes.

His 2003 season was as good as I have ever seen

How about "the forgotten 44". You hear over and over again that after Little nobody who had #44 lived up to the number. Michael Owens sure did. he rushed for 1,000 yards in a season and was the feature back on the best two-platoon teams we've ever had here. And he scored that two point conversion that got us to 11-0!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom