Alma Mater - Post Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alma Mater - Post Game

I don't play for SU. I can be positive, but voice my concerns. I voiced my concerns regarding that ND would be able to run through our line all day. That doesn't mean I thought we'd lose. I don't like when my fears are validated.
Yeah, we all get to voice our concerns, never said you shouldn't.
That's the joy of a message board we can all talk about our favorite team even thought we don't play for SU.
I was also worried about us stopping NDs run attack and it seems our concerns were right!
On to next week, go SU!!

I said the last 2 games it has stunk. No way you can disagree with that. Completely different than first 6
I thought he called a good game. We dropped too many important passes. Our line didn’t block great for our running game. i am not sure but it sure seems like we call the RPO before hand and we don’t read it. Also we r missing the pass option out of that. I know a true TE would help with that. All in all I thought he did good. We didn’t execute.

I dont care if they play it, i think its sort of silly to make kids who just got beaten badly stand there for it. But whatever. i dont really care that much

I’m sorry but it’s the least these athletes can do to show respect to the schools that are giving them the ability to continue playing the game they love and giving them opportunities to make A LOT of money through NIL.

Very poor attitude in my opinion to not show respect to the band and the school.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but it’s the least these athletes can do to show respect to the schools that are giving them the ability to continue playing the game they love and giving them opportunities to make A LOT of money through NIL.

Very poor attitude in my opinion to not show respect to the band and the school.
Meh. Most of them won’t make much money and the rest didn’t get the opportunity to make a lot until recently.

The players show their respect by giving it their all in practice and during games.

Meh. Most of them won’t make much money and the rest didn’t get the opportunity to make a lot until recently.

The players show their respect by giving it their all in practice and during games.

If you don’t care about the schools alma mater than you’re probably not prideful for playing for that school.

If you don’t have pride in playing for that school you’re probably not going to be giving it your all

If you don’t care about the schools alma mater than you’re probably not prideful for playing for that school.

If you don’t have pride in playing for that school you’re probably not going to be giving it your all
Or it’s an ancient tune in desperate need of an update (see “Lean on Me”).

Are you seriously questioning the players’ pride and commitment right now? You don’t think they give it their all in games?

It's not just that aspect for me, but it seems like we have so few traditions, this one seems pretty easy.

I'd rather they donate their time in the community, help kids learn to read, show up to fundraisers for local charity, talk up the school and the program to other kids who may come here, than stand for a song. I just don't see how that moves the needle. But like I said, I don't really care much one way or another.

It's not just that aspect for me, but it seems like we have so few traditions, this one seems pretty easy.
You’re right…and the few traditions we have aren’t all that great. I was going to mention the standing/clapping at basketball games and thought better of it. After last night, though…that needs to go, too.

Or it’s an ancient tune in desperate need of an update (see “Lean on Me”).

Are you seriously questioning the players’ pride and commitment right now? You don’t think they give it their all in games?
The remake of the song Lean on Me was horrible. "We Be Jammin!"? Really? You may have meant the movie, but since you mentioned ancient song, that's what popped into my head.

The remake of the song Lean on Me was horrible. "We Be Jammin!"? Really? You may have meant the movie, but since you mentioned ancient song, that's what popped into my head.
Ha, I did mean the movie! Remember when they changed the school song?

Ha, I did mean the movie! Remember when they changed the school song?
No, but I remember the blasphemy of covering Bill Withers’ opus with a reggae beat.

I'd rather they donate their time in the community, help kids learn to read, show up to fundraisers for local charity, talk up the school and the program to other kids who may come here, than stand for a song. I just don't see how that moves the needle. But like I said, I don't really care much one way or another.
We're talking about 2 minutes here. They can still do the other stuff you mention. It isn't either/or.

Students.

Candidly I was stunned how many knew the words.
Yeah I was too until one noticed the words on the ribbon board and the big screens. Still cool that they followed along. To this day I don’t know if I ever heard IC’s alma mater.

We're talking about 2 minutes here. They can still do the other stuff you mention. It isn't either/or.
I dont care if they stand. Sorry. I graduated from the school, talk it up to everyone, wear the colors. I love SU. We are going up next weekend to tour the Maxwell School because my son may apply. I bleed orange. But I don't care if 50 kids who just battled for 4 hours and just want to vent, rest, and hydrate stand for a song. It's just me. But I never said it's bad, just not high on the list of things I personally choose to care about.

I don’t think it is an either or situation. They can do both without a conflict.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom