Alma Mater - Post Game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Alma Mater - Post Game

I don’t think it is an either or situation. They can do both without a conflict.
Do any of the other teams do this? I know the basketball players don’t.

The issue is attitude and discipline. The entire situation looked like a carry over from the game. Lack of discipline leading to poor execution and I’m concerned about the poor me attitudes that have been creeping in.

Really good teams in any sport or profession are highly disciplined and execute the little things with precision every single time. It might just be some dumb song to some of you, but any coach or leader worth their salt should be worried about some of the poor execution and attitudes we’re starting to see.

The team has played well enough to give themselves a shot to do something special. How do they respond to adversity?

I dont care if they stand. Sorry. I graduated from the school, talk it up to everyone, wear the colors. I love SU. We are going up next weekend to tour the Maxwell School because my son may apply. I bleed orange. But I don't care if 50 kids who just battled for 4 hours and just want to vent, rest, and hydrate stand for a song. It's just me. But I never said it's bad, just not high on the list of things I personally choose to care about.
That's fine if you don't care about it, but your post made it sound like staying for the alma mater means they won't be able to get out in the community. Those two things aren't connected.

That's fine if you don't care about it, but your post made it sound like staying for the alma mater means they won't be able to get out in the community. Those two things aren't connected.
I didn't intend that. I am too lazy to scroll up (havent had coffee yet) but I believe that the post I was responding to said something like "it's the least they can do to give back". I was just saying for me, personally, I look to other things. That said, moving on. I understand the song is important to some folks, and I respect that.

I said the last 2 games it has stunk. No way you can disagree with that. Completely different than first 6
What has stunk is the decision to play two guys who are really banged up in an RPO. When two of the runners can't run very well the play calling doesn't look good.

I don't even watch that game honestly. I think its overhyped.
Yes. Absolutely a trend. I'm more about the football than the pomp.
do you celebrate the fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas... Seriously the kids need to realize that they play for Syracuse University id have made them run until they couldn't if I were the coach.

do you celebrate the fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas... Seriously the kids need to realize that they play for Syracuse University id have made them run until they couldn't if I were the coach.
I don't think the song dictates that. But again, I may be in the minority. I don't even recall staying for that song as a student. But I respect the opinion of those who like it.

And yes I like those days.

I don't think the song dictates that. But again, I may be in the minority. I don't even recall staying for that song as a student. But I respect the opinion of those who like it.

And yes I like those days.
Kids today are coddled beyond anything I could ever imagine. everyone gets a trophy mentality is a really bad message. Dino did what he should have done and that is his strength. He might not be the best on game day, but he absolutely knows how to run a program. It is his strength and the kids that play for him are lucky as he cares about things that matter in life. Namely respect, responsibility, integrity.

It’s also important to note that these players know that Dino expects them after every home game to go stand by the band, as a team, and honor the alma mater

The players leaving the field and going to the locker room immediately after was a big FU to the their HC in my opinion.

They basically said, we don’t care what you expect from us, we’re doing it our way.

It’s also important to note that these players know that Dino expects them after every home game to go stand by the band, as a team, and honor the alma mater

The players leaving the field and going to the locker room immediately after was a big FU to the their HC in my opinion.

They basically said, we don’t care what you expect from us, we’re doing it our way.

MEH

THAT i agree with. Even though I personally, fundamentally, don't think the is particularly significant...if the coach said to stay, they really need to stay. That's a problem if they don't, and it should be consequenced.

THAT i agree with. Even though I personally, fundamentally, don't think the is particularly significant...if the coach said to stay, they really need to stay. That's a problem if they don't, and it should be consequenced.

This has been a rule since he started at Cuse

Believe it was an issue in a previous season when the locker room was FULL of issues

Hoping this isn’t the start of a bad spiral

Or it’s an ancient tune in desperate need of an update (see “Lean on Me”).
Maybe we should update "The Star Spangled Banner" while we're at it.
(sarcasm alert)

I like our alma mater, I sit above the band and usually stay unless we lose by a couple TDs to a team with a **** ton of loud fans that I hate, who are going to be cheering. In that case, I tend to leave.

There are so many schools whose players stand in front of the band after a game to sing the alma mater. And if our coach makes it something our team is supposed to do, then that's his decision.

Not surprised at many of the takes here though. Syracuse football is what it is. Love it or leave it.

If those holidays were a chore, fewer people would celebrate.

This has been a rule since he started at Cuse

Believe it was an issue in a previous season when the locker room was FULL of issues

Hoping this isn’t the start of a bad spiral

Ranked 20th and we're 6-2... If the locker room is starting to spiral, our players need to check themselves and figure out a way to get some mental toughness...

After those summer workouts seemed like the team was more together than ever... First sign of adversity and they pull that stunt with the alma mater, give me a break, get some mental toughness.

Here comes the "Dino has lost the locker room " posts. Watch out, we are going to have a max exodus in the portal! Listen people, there are grown ass adults who ignore stuff, get angry and walk, have a bad day and need to be reminded sometimes. Dino brought them back out and they did what they needed. Sometimes schit happens. This is a nothing burger.

I like our alma mater, I sit above the band and usually stay unless we lose by a couple TDs to a team with a **** ton of loud fans that I hate, who are going to be cheering. In that case, I tend to leave.

There are so many schools whose players stand in front of the band after a game to sing the alma mater. And if our coach makes it something our team is supposed to do, then that's his decision.

Not surprised at many of the takes here though. Syracuse football is what it is. Love it or leave it.
I love Syracuse football. I just have never really cared about the song. It is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom