Alumni support | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Alumni support

I think for the same reason he'd attempt 50 FG's down 20+ late in games. Which also, makes no sense.

I think for various reasons. Maybe interference, Bad experience in the past, spies or a insecurity. Who really knows.

Its
Not the guys from 5 years ago, it’s the guys from 20 years ago, who you want coming back. They have the resources and experience to be a huge help

Ideally you want them all back and engaged with the program. The guys from 5 years will eventually become the guys from 20 years ago and those donations of $100 will become donations of $1000-$10,000.

If you ignore people those donations become $0.

Ideally you want them all back and engaged with the program. The guys from 5 years will eventually become the guys from 20 years ago and those donations of $100 will become donations of $1000-$10,000.

If you ignore people those donations become $0.

Yeah I don't care if they played on losing teams, they put on the uniform and put in the work year after year. They shouldn't be shunned just because they lost games for a myriad of reasons, which of course includes future philanthropy.

Even the ones on losing teams had some highlights along the way or interesting inside stories to share with the team. At a minimum, their shock at the facilities improvements will reinforce things that the team has pretty good here.

As i have said on here before about the straw that broke the monkeys back with Dino was the Cancer golf tournament a few years back. As we know Dino never cared about the allumni and he was invited to be a guest speaker at this outing and instead of talking about cancer and getting moneynfor that he was trying to get it for the team. Now there is a time and place and some of the guys were talkingin the back and i think it was Pettijohn and someone else and Dino yelled at them and there was almost a fight. Dino lost a lot of support that day. Ireally dont blame them.
Back right after Dino was hired a close friend and second generation season ticket holder was hosting a big event and reached out to Dino to stop by to say a few words and meet the people. My friend was contacted by Dino’s agent that his fee was going to be $10,000 for his appearance

When Dino got here, we'd had only 3 winning seasons in the past decade.

We had a culture of losing.

Why would you want your young players around that?
Because they are family. Because many of them came from the Coach P teams. Because many of them came from Dougs teams. Nothing bad happened the ex players that made an effort to connect with Dinos teams 100% should have been allowed to be part of LA FAMILIA

We had a spring game?
Exactly! DB led a program that was so cut off from the community that from February to September there was next to zero interest or enthusiasm generated by the football program. Come September he was dumbfounded by where all the support was. In my lifetime, I haver never seen such a clandestine football operation at SU.

Northwestern was open last year

You sure about that? Looks like they had 3 practices where media could attend for 50 minutes.

A few points.

1. While people are piling on Babers and a few players quotes, early in that Axe article where he spoke to some players, he said “As several former players told syracuse.com on Monday, there has been a schism between former players and recent coaching staffs at Syracuse, including ex-head coach Dino Babers.”

Recent staffs including Babers.

2. It’s great that Fran has called on former players to come to practice, I’ve never heard and SU coach do that.

3. I don’t remember hearing about or seeing any former players coming to any former coaches practices that was noticeable.

Went to the yankee stadium game this year. Found it kind of odd that Keith Bulluck and Mcnabb were attending the game but weren’t at the Syracuse sponsored event at a bar before the game and weren’t with the team giving a pregame speech. Instead they were at The Dugout hanging out and having some drinks with whatever fans were there. Cool getting to meet them, but seemed odd they weren’t involved with anything the school/program was doing.

Went to the yankee stadium game this year. Found it kind of odd that Keith Bulluck and Mcnabb were attending the game but weren’t at the Syracuse sponsored event at a bar before the game and weren’t with the team giving a pregame speech. Instead they were at The Dugout hanging out and having some drinks with whatever fans were there. Cool getting to meet them, but seemed odd they weren’t involved with anything the school/program was doing.
The Dugout was promoting their appearance to SU fans on their social media pages.

A few points.

1. While people are piling on Babers and a few players quotes, early in that Axe article where he spoke to some players, he said “As several former players told syracuse.com on Monday, there has been a schism between former players and recent coaching staffs at Syracuse, including ex-head coach Dino Babers.”

Recent staffs including Babers.

2. It’s great that Fran has called on former players to come to practice, I’ve never heard and SU coach do that.

3. I don’t remember hearing about or seeing any former players coming to any former coaches practices that was noticeable.
Plenty of alums at other schools go to practice and visit school. Give talks to them. Are connected. Come to big games. Plenty of them. Don't you think there's a reason you don't remember seeing or hearing any former players coming back for any of those things?

It's OK to say that Babers screwed up.

He may be a good man but he had faults. If even one alum felt they weren't welcome under his leadership, that's a problem.

The guys who had quotes in the article - Damien Rhodes, Bruce Williams, Robert Drummond, Qadry Ismail -- span a wide range of years. That's a good indication that it's true.

Always defending the SU side of things. Boeheim, this, and all other instances. It's pretty interesting.

Back right after Dino was hired a close friend and second generation season ticket holder was hosting a big event and reached out to Dino to stop by to say a few words and meet the people. My friend was contacted by Dino’s agent that his fee was going to be $10,000 for his appearance
Oh but he is such a nice guy!

Plenty of alums at other schools go to practice and visit school. Give talks to them. Are connected. Come to big games. Plenty of them. Don't you think there's a reason you don't remember seeing or hearing any former players coming back for any of those things?

It's OK to say that Babers screwed up.

He may be a good man but he had faults. If even one alum felt they weren't welcome under his leadership, that's a problem.

The guys who had quotes in the article - Damien Rhodes, Bruce Williams, Robert Drummond, Qadry Ismail -- span a wide range of years. That's a good indication that it's true.

Always defending the SU side of things. Boeheim, this, and all other instances. It's pretty interesting.

Way to completely miss the point, as usual.