Alumni support | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Alumni support

Plenty of alums at other schools go to practice and visit school. Give talks to them. Are connected. Come to big games. Plenty of them. Don't you think there's a reason you don't remember seeing or hearing any former players coming back for any of those things?

It's OK to say that Babers screwed up.

He may be a good man but he had faults. If even one alum felt they weren't welcome under his leadership, that's a problem.

The guys who had quotes in the article - Damien Rhodes, Bruce Williams, Robert Drummond, Qadry Ismail -- span a wide range of years. That's a good indication that it's true.

Always defending the SU side of things. Boeheim, this, and all other instances. It's pretty interesting.
He did say Babers screwed up. His point was that it went beyond Babers and he’s glad it is changing.

Dino had Coughlin, Cszonka, and Little at one... I mean... That was pretty freaking cool.
yeah and in my mind he only wanted the huge names. I want everyone welcomed back cause all these previous Allumni are working somewhere doing something good out there. Maybe not everyone but most and they can help current kids on a lot of things like work, money handling, parental support, and a ton more things. Its crazy Babers didnt see this. Great job Coach Brown for seeing and understanding this and talking directly to the guys and telling them to show up.. Now its time to kick some f ASS out there now. Go Orange.

yeah and in my mind he only wanted the huge names. I want everyone welcomed back cause all these previous Allumni are working somewhere doing something good out there. Maybe not everyone but most and they can help current kids on a lot of things like work, money handling, parental support, and a ton more things. Its crazy Babers didnt see this. Great job Coach Brown for seeing and understanding this and talking directly to the guys and telling them to show up.. Now its time to kick some f ASS out there now. Go Orange.
also many of the non big names are super successful in other aspects of life.

He did say Babers screwed up. His point was that it went beyond Babers and he’s glad it is changing.
Never saw that he said he screwed up. But did see multiple posts asking “who visits practices”. Very unclear.

Make alumni feel welcomed and part of the family again = greater potential for increased donations. Such a novel concept, Coach Fran may be on to something here.
It's not just that, the former players can talk to the kids about what happens after football if they aren't in NFL or if they did make it what it was like. It is hand in hand not just about the money. It is about making a difference in the kids lives.

Really will need the alum to answer the call

Fran and Elijah are putting in some serious work right now and this is the time they need the help the most from the guys who paved the path before

When Dino got here, we'd had only 3 winning seasons in the past decade.

We had a culture of losing.

Why would you want your young players around that?
It's not like we have won so much since. He could have done what is being done now. I liked Dino but the fact is he could have done this as well. It's a smart thing and makes sense, just not his style I guess.