Amile Jefferson to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Amile Jefferson to Duke

arbitragegls

All Conference
...as reported by David Teel of ACC. Good choice for Jefferson...wonder if he will be there next year when 'Cuse is in the ACC?

Wow, I haven't been paying much attention lately, but wasn't he thought at least at some point recently to be Kentucky's to lose?

Why he would go to Duke I don't understand. Coach K has built a system of small guards who shoot three's and then 2 big guys to rebound and set picks. Durham is where big man prospects go and disappear. While I don't think Jefferson will be a huge difference maker next year, he does give them some much needed front line talent. I doubt he's utilized properly and will probably be another Lance Thomas.

Is he going to be Lance Thomas part 2?

Wow, I haven't been paying much attention lately, but wasn't he thought at least at some point recently to be Kentucky's to lose?
never recalled that. I always thought Duke... He's got his head on to "right" to ever pick calipari.

He was leaning towards NC St earlier in the year and then Duke jumped in shortly after. Kentucky and others were in the mix but I don't believe they were serious players in the race. It mainly came down to Duke and State at the end.

I am somewhat surprised. I also thought that NC State had the inside on this one. Nice get for Duke... I guess. As was already pointed out tho his position at Duke doesnt exactly fit their playing style. Maybe they are shifting philosophy with SU and Pitt joining the ACC fray. I expect that he will be there when we play them in 2013 ... and I expect we will see him for severalmore years after. I think that he has a lot of work to do and weight to gain before the draft will place him high enough to leave school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom