Amusing Syracuse thread on NC St. board. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Amusing Syracuse thread on NC St. board.

The funny thing is, Syracuse actually did build a statue of its heisman winner. Course, it might be a little harder for NC State, seeing as they don't have any, but still...

here's the statue of the NC State Heisman winner
pedestal.jpg

Did someone at least thank them for taking Julius Hodge allowing us to land Hakim Warrick, Carmelo Anthony, and the 2003 national championship trophy as result?

We have our new "Rutgers". At least they have some history in football so it won't be all bad.

I did find it funny that they cry about 997 of 1,000 Syracuse fans not having attended Syracuse. If only that were true...

I also find it funny that all Syracuse fans are drunks and they overlook the fact that every ACC school says the same about NCState. Perhaps it is that NCState fans are permanently inebriated and cannot discern sober people?

Let me tell you guys something about NCSU fans. That bunch of nonsense that they said about most SU fans not attending the university is the same BS they pull with Carolina fans all of the time. Like that really means anything. They absolutely cannot stand the fact that they're far and away the No 2 team in North Carolina, in terms of fanbase. And, that the vast majority of their fans either attended school there, or, have family who did.

They like to throw out the term 'Wal-Mart fans' to describe UNC fans who did not attend the University. They will use that term with you, Pitt, ND, and eventually, Louisville fans. Just laugh at them, and, tell them it must suck to know that the vast majority of people within their own state don't give a tinker's damn about them...LOL.

It's been apparent since the acc move was announced. Pretty much every fan base was happy or at least interested in our upcoming arrival. Not NC State though, their insecurity flag was flying high with the arrival of yet another team that will annually be ahead of them in the standings in the major sports.

When SU beats NCSU in football and basketball this coming school year, the conspiracy theorist fans amongst them will somehow find a way to spin it all into being Carolina's doing. You think I'm joking, but, you wait and see.

Now, it is in no way all of them. They have some very good fans, who rep the school and themselves with class. But, theres a large enough sample of d-bags to make some folks lump them all into the category.

Either way, Raleigh is a cool city, and, if any of you make the trip, enjoy, and, be safe.

Wow, just read that, taking a shot at Ernie Davis. Good Lord...

What happens when a group of people don't get into UNC and build roads for the Dukies...

I am not surprised that they said what they did about Ernie Davis.

Go to the Inside Carolina boards, and, ask the folks there about what the Pack Pride loons said about UNC students Jason Ray and Eve Carson.

When SU beats NCSU in football and basketball this coming school year, the conspiracy theorist fans amongst them will somehow find a way to spin it all into being Carolina's doing. You think I'm joking, but, you wait and see.

Now, it is in no way all of them. They have some very good fans, who rep the school and themselves with class. But, theres a large enough sample of d-bags to make some folks lump them all into the category.

Either way, Raleigh is a cool city, and, if any of you make the trip, enjoy, and, be safe.

My boss is an NC State Alumni and he is a pretty good guy. He cheers for Clemson and FSU though since his father got his degrees from those schools. NC State? He wishes them well but doesn't want to be grouped in that fanbase that doesn't understand where their ceiling is.

The way they talk about 'Southern Football' on that thread, you would think that they were Alabama or something. They've finished in the top 25 what, 2 times in the past 20 years?

Dude, their 2002 team finished 11-3 (the only 10-win season in school history), won the Gator Bowl, and, finished 4th in the ACC. And, they threw a freaking parade for that team!

I am not kidding about that. A parade for a 4th place team.

My boss is an NC State Alumni and he is a pretty good guy. He cheers for Clemson and FSU though since his father got his degrees from those schools. NC State? He wishes them well but doesn't want to be grouped in that fanbase that doesn't understand where their ceiling is.

They fired Tom O'Brien after last season. After going 25-14 from 2010-2012, leading them to three consecutive bowl games (winning two of them), posting wins over Top 5 ranked opponents in consecutive seasons, and, posting 5-1 record against Carolina, they fired him. And, brought in Northern Illinois' HC. Since their basketball program went in the tank after the Jim Valvano debacle, they now think they're some sort of 'football school.'

Delusion is alive and well at State.

I had to go over there to see what the fuss was about. What a horrible collection of people over there. Now living in the swamps of Jersey, I have many reasons for hating the scarlet loving fans of Chris Christie State. That being said, NCSU is quickly gaining ground as the worst group I've seen. I don't want them beaten by SU, I want them pulverized and embarrassed. The Ernie comment was disgusting. I'm sure if any of us made similar comments about Valvano, we'd be skewered by them, as well as our own fan base. Not only did no one mention that it was a low blow, one guy gave him an A+ for the attempted joke.

I found this interesting:
Northern football - Homecoming queen is a PHD candidate in philosophy.
Southern football - Homecoming queen is also the current Miss America.

Northern football - Statues of Nobel Prize winners dot the campus.
Southern football - Statues of Heisman Trophy winners dot the campus.

As others have correctly mentioned, we do have a statue of a Heisman trophy winner on our campus. In addition, a Miss America did go to Syracuse: Vanessa Williams. So... yeah.

And was in Playboy:)
I found this interesting:

As others have correctly mentioned, we do have a statue of a Heisman trophy winner on our campus. In addition, a Miss America did go to Syracuse: Vanessa Williams. So... yeah.

First of all, thanks for having me here. First post!
Like others have said, NC State has a huge inferiority complex. They have been irrelevant in all sports for 20+ years. They are the preseason champs every year but once the season starts they drift into the shadows of everyone else. They think they are up to par with UNC and Duke and can compete but get beat every year. I really wouldn't sweat them. They won't bother Syracuse for long, they're too busy crying over UNC. They care more about UNC losing, than their own team winning. You can prove this by reading any thread over on crackpride. Almost every thread has something to do with UNC. They could start a thread "What color helmets does Syracuse wear", and there would be someone post something about UNC in said thread., guaranteed.

With that said, welcome to the ACC Syracuse. We're all glad to have you and think it's going to be fun with the expansion members. I go to the ACC Tournament every year (have for many years) and look forward to seeing Syracuse play in person. Just ignore the ignorant cow college in Raleigh and you'll see the rest of us aren't so bad. :)

First of all, thanks for having me here. First post!
Like others have said, NC State has a huge inferiority complex. They have been irrelevant in all sports for 20+ years. They are the preseason champs every year but once the season starts they drift into the shadows of everyone else. They think they are up to par with UNC and Duke and can compete but get beat every year. I really wouldn't sweat them. They won't bother Syracuse for long, they're too busy crying over UNC. They care more about UNC losing, than their own team winning. You can prove this by reading any thread over on crackpride. Almost every thread has something to do with UNC. They could start a thread "What color helmets does Syracuse wear", and there would be someone post something about UNC in said thread., guaranteed.

With that said, welcome to the ACC Syracuse. We're all glad to have you and think it's going to be fun with the expansion members. I go to the ACC Tournament every year (have for many years) and look forward to seeing Syracuse play in person. Just ignore the ignorant cow college in Raleigh and you'll see the rest of us aren't so bad. :)

Welcome to the board and it's nice to know other fan bases don't assume nc state fans are speaking truth in regrads to our fanbase.

Most of us you'll find to be quite friendly even when drunk. Once a certain level of provocation occurs however, which was likely the case by the sounds of the nc state fans, all bets are off and they got a lot more than they bargained for in response. Our fan base mimics our team in that we don't fold under pressure but rather respond by punching you in the mouth. There are few opposing fanbases that draw that reponse and they've worked tirelessly to get there. End game we're far more likely to say good game and hand you a beer after the fact vs dropping f bombs at you and spitting in your direction as long as you're gracious in defeat or victory. Act like you've won before which is difficult for nc state fans for obvious reasons.

Sorry, but you're both wrong.
View attachment 4662
Oops... you're right. I knew it wasn't Playboy. At the time I was mad at Bob for publishing those pictures, but I later realized that he was just trying to sell magazines.

Oops... you're right. I knew it wasn't Playboy. At the time I was mad at Bob for publishing those pictures, but I later realized that he was just trying to sell magazines.
You must be a youngster...;)

Where is the cover with George Burns that said "Oh God, She's Nude!" My stepfather had that mag "hidden" in the house when I was in HS. :)

I remember that one a well. I was actually looking for it, but this one came up so I went with it.

I haven't read the entire thread but I always associated NCState fans with West Virginia fans. A step below VTech fans. And yes, *us* (Syracuse) being 'yankees' will upset most down south WHEN Syracuse footballs wins! Can't wait!

Welcome to the board and it's nice to know other fan bases don't assume nc state fans are speaking truth in regrads to our fanbase.

Most of us you'll find to be quite friendly even when drunk. Once a certain level of provocation occurs however, which was likely the case by the sounds of the nc state fans, all bets are off and they got a lot more than they bargained for in response. Our fan base mimics our team in that we don't fold under pressure but rather respond by punching you in the mouth. There are few opposing fanbases that draw that reponse and they've worked tirelessly to get there. End game we're far more likely to say good game and hand you a beer after the fact vs dropping f bombs at you and spitting in your direction as long as you're gracious in defeat or victory. Act like you've won before which is difficult for nc state fans for obvious reasons.

A lot of fans see us as the "wine & cheese" crowd. I know we have a lot of older fans but we have a lot of younger fans too. If you think we're a quiet group, walk through campus after a game and you'll see how quiet we are. haha!! I think Syracuse will enjoy playing in Chapel Hill. We welcome all visitors with open arms. Except Duke, and NC State for obvious reasons.

I haven't read the entire thread but I always associated NCState fans with West Virginia fans. A step below VTech fans. And yes, *us* (Syracuse) being 'yankees' will upset most down south WHEN Syracuse footballs wins! Can't wait!

NC State and West Virginia fans are very similar. The fans that is, not the teams. West Virginia actually wins games. The fans are very similar in looks, smell, the way they talk, the way they act, and the amount of teeth they have.

NC State and West Virginia fans are very similar. The fans that is, not the teams. West Virginia actually wins games. The fans are very similar in looks, smell, the way they talk, the way they act, and the amount of teeth they have.

You have restored my faith in future Orange generations. Real fans know the difference and you just stated it plainly. Keep it up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom