Amusing Syracuse thread on NC St. board. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Amusing Syracuse thread on NC St. board.

The mooU fans have the worst case of an inferiority complex of any university I know. With good reason, mind you. They live in the shadow of UNC and dook. They have only won two national titles all time in every sport--except bass fishing <Not a joke>. If you think they have ill will toward Syracuse you should investigate their disdain for all things UNC. I will not get into the crass and classless comments some made on PackPride when our student body president Eve Carson was murdered in 2008. But after reading some of the shots taken at the great Ernie Davis you have insight to them. They are third fiddle in their own city and a previous poster nailed it when they stated only cow college grads or family members of grads are fans. As a result they fall into the continous trite insult of none of the fans went to the school--blah blah blah!! Just ignore them and beat them on the playing field like the rest of us do. We have a huge advantage in all time wins in football for them but all they harp on is the recent 5 game streak we ended last fall. They ignore that we've had two 7-game streaks previously. Welcome to the ACC!! Ignore the trash. GO HEELS!!

They definitely share the same little man syndrome that RU does. I don't blame them though. They're the 3rd worst football program in the ACC historically (82nd all time, right ahead of NJ State at 83.), only Duke and Wake Forest have a worse winning percentage. They're the ugly step brother of both UNC and Duke in basketball, and the last ranked school in the US News College rankings in the conference. A lot to be bitter about.

The mooU fans have the worst case of an inferiority complex of any university I know. With good reason, mind you. They live in the shadow of UNC and dook. They have only won two national titles all time in every sport--except bass fishing <Not a joke>. If you think they have ill will toward Syracuse you should investigate their disdain for all things UNC. I will not get into the crass and classless comments some made on PackPride when our student body president Eve Carson was murdered in 2008. But after reading some of the shots taken at the great Ernie Davis you have insight to them. They are third fiddle in their own city and a previous poster nailed it when they stated only cow college grads or family members of grads are fans. As a result they fall into the continous trite insult of none of the fans went to the school--blah blah blah!! Just ignore them and beat them on the playing field like the rest of us do. We have a huge advantage in all time wins in football for them but all they harp on is the recent 5 game streak we ended last fall. They ignore that we've had two 7-game streaks previously. Welcome to the ACC!! Ignore the trash. GO HEELS!!

Hey. As your first post, I'd like to welcome you to our site. And thanks for the welcoming.

This post...What???
"
I have a friend from NY that says that Syracuse is basically Jersey Shore kids who have money but not enough grades to get into Duke and who think they are too good to go to Rutgers.
"

Then the low bow to Ernie Davis??? F NCS!

"He sucked as a pro though"

There is SOME truth to the first statement. Some for sure. The low blow to Ernie Davis was dumb.

Even West Virginia fans are constantly shocked by the lack of intelligence evidenced in NC State fans. True story.
Now I'm scared. Seriously. If the school with the lowest ranked academics in the Big East looks down on teh academics of another school, we should all be alarmed!

Meh, I hope our fans really do show up in the numbers they fear and are as obnoxious as they claim. We obviously aren't ever going to fit in with the old guard ACC fans, and they are already looking down on us for being Yankees. So, I think we should go down there, take over their stadium as drunk, obnoxious northerners, beat them at the sport that they think they're good at, and then come back and do it again 10x for basketball.

Sounds like a plan!

This post...What???
"
I have a friend from NY that says that Syracuse is basically Jersey Shore kids who have money but not enough grades to get into Duke and who think they are too good to go to Rutgers.
"

Then the low bow to Ernie Davis??? F NCS!

"He sucked as a pro though"

I thought that was funny, too, because even those that attend Rutgers think they are too good for Rutgers, they are just stuck there for whatever reasons.

As for being a fall back school for Ivies and Ivy level schools, Syracuse is. NCState is a fall back for any who cannot get into any other North Carolina school.

In my experience since living down here, this sums up 99.9% of the State fans I've encountered. Just a horribly classless fan base.

The funny thing is, Syracuse actually did build a statue of its heisman winner. Course, it might be a little harder for NC State, seeing as they don't have any, but still...

Wow, just read that, taking a shot at Ernie Davis. Good Lord...

What happens when a group of people don't get into UNC and build roads for the Dukies...

Yeah, you have to try to read everything from that fanbase by putting yourself in their insecure 3rd fiddle shoes. It can't surprise anyone. If it weren't for ECU, who would they get to look down on?

I think one of you Syracuse fans needs to start a thread at Crack Ride to introduce yourself to them as Atlantic division rivals. Play it straight, and at the end say you recently have heard some Country music from NC, and that you really like Eric Church but see Scotty McCreery as a waste of time.

The latter is an MooU student, and the former, an App St grad, is a Tar Heels fan. It would be par for the course for the Wuffies to ban someone for liking Church and saying Scotty is junk.

I think one of you Syracuse fans needs to start a thread at Crack Ride to introduce yourself to them as Atlantic division rivals. Play it straight, and at the end say you recently have heard some Country music from NC, and that you really like Eric Church but see Scotty McCreery as a waste of time.

The latter is an MooU student, and the former, an App St grad, is a Tar Heels fan. It would be par for the course for the Wuffies to ban someone for liking Church and saying Scotty is junk.

If I said that...I would be telling the truth. I like Eric Church's music and not a fan of Scotty...

Crack ride I take it would be riv@ls?

But give me church over Scotty any day of the week. Do they like Scotty more than church?

If I said that...I would be telling the truth. I like Eric Church's music and not a fan of Scotty...

First, I hate Bojangles (Scotty is a big spokesman). Second, he looks too much like Alfred E. Neuman for my tastes.
scotty-mccreery-alfred-e-newman.jpg

The way they talk about 'Southern Football' on that thread, you would think that they were Alabama or something. They've finished in the top 25 what, 2 times in the past 20 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom