Amusing Syracuse thread on NC St. board. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Amusing Syracuse thread on NC St. board.

A lot of fans see us as the "wine & cheese" crowd. I know we have a lot of older fans but we have a lot of younger fans too. If you think we're a quiet group, walk through campus after a game and you'll see how quiet we are. haha!! I think Syracuse will enjoy playing in Chapel Hill. We welcome all visitors with open arms. Except Duke, and NC State for obvious reasons.

My neighbor is a tar heel fan and I of course a Syracuse fan and we get along fine. The vitriol for Duke has a funny way of bringing all fans together.

Funny thing is we live in Southern PA so it's 5 hours to the Carrier Dome and probably at least 7 to Chapel Hill.

You have restored my faith in future Orange generations. Real fans know the difference and you just stated it plainly. Keep it up!
Thank you very much! I think I am going to like this board, I've found a new home. :) I usually don't go on other teams boards. I stick around my "home turf", lol.. I stay on Inside Carolina and I do go to the Louisville board because Luke Hancock is from my area. I did use to play ball with JJ Reddick though but I can't bring myself to a Duke board. I actually found this board from a link from IC. Syracuse is being welcomed by all of the Tar Heel Nation to the ACC.

I live in Virginia about an hour from Virginia Tech and I completely understand what you all mean about the obnoxious VT fans as well. Again though, thank you all for having me!

A lot of fans see us as the "wine & cheese" crowd. I know we have a lot of older fans but we have a lot of younger fans too. If you think we're a quiet group, walk through campus after a game and you'll see how quiet we are. haha!! I think Syracuse will enjoy playing in Chapel Hill. We welcome all visitors with open arms. Except Duke, and NC State for obvious reasons.
IDK. We had some youngsters try to pick a fight with us last time we played there. Until my friend ( a former D-1 player); grabbed the biggest one of them at the elbows, pinching his arms against his sides, picked him up and moved him about 10 feet, then said I will crush your face.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I love that thread. A great Incest State and Clumpson circle-jerk.

Here's what I learned:

- Syracuse is a bunch of country-boy simpletons
- Syracuse is a bunch of Jersey Shore wannabes and Yankees

- Southern Football is where winners are made
- Syracuse has a national championship, where Clumpson and Incest State have none

- Southern Football is where great players play
- Syracuse has a Heisman Trophy winner (as well as the greatest screw-job ever, here's looking at you Mr. Brown) and 7 NFL HOF'ers, where Clumpson and Incest State have none

- Syracuse is filled with a bunch of ignorant, dumb people
- Syracuse comes from an area where the schools spend money on libraries and creates scholars, instead of football players. Whereas the great Souther schools know that football trumps all and would rather spend money on nice facilities rather than academics

Is that the most delusional thread ever created?

Edited to add:

- Syracuse fans are classless
- It is hilarious to joke about Ernie Davis' death and yell "F*** Off" to SU fans if you are an Incest State fan.
Clemson has none? If we are talking football then you are wrong...we have 1 1981.

Clemson has none? If we are talking football then you are wrong...we have 1 1981.

The poster was referring to Heisman Trophy winners and NFL Pro Football HOF inductees.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners
Neither Clemson nor NC State appear on the list.

Hall of Famers by College:
Southern California (11)
Notre Dame (10)
Ohio State (9)
Michigan (8)
Pittsburgh (8)
Syracuse (7) Jim Brown , Larry Csonka , Al Davis* , Floyd Little , John Mackey , Art Monk , Jim Ringo
Alabama (7)

Yup -- I screwed that one up. I singlehandedly stripped a NC from Clumpson.

When it comes to objective measurables, you get to tie Syracuse in one thing.

Yup -- I screwed that one up. I singlehandedly stripped a NC from Clumpson.

When it comes to objective measurables, you get to tie Syracuse in one thing.
Conference championships? Bowl games... yeah we beat you in things too

The poster was referring to Heisman Trophy winners and NFL Pro Football HOF inductees.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners

Hall of Famers by College:
Southern California (11)
Notre Dame (10)
Ohio State (9)
Michigan (8)
Pittsburgh (8)
Syracuse (7) Jim Brown , Larry Csonka , Al Davis* , Floyd Little , John Mackey , Art Monk , Jim Ringo
Alabama (7)

Walt Sweeney should be on that list to make it 8.

Conference championships? Bowl games... yeah we beat you in things too

We already addressed the Conference Championship issue. Clemson has been in conferences for 75+ years, Syracuse since 1991. Clemson SHOULD have more conference championships than Syracuse. IF you wish to address the same period, Clemson has 2 to Syracuse' 5. I personally don't equate the two because it is a relatively short period, but that is my point of view.

As to Bowl games, you have to address Head to Head and Clemson is 0-1 v. Syracuse. But you conveniently forgot to address that in your response.

Most posters on this site appreciate fans of other teams who know what they are talking about. However, knowing what you are talking about requires intellectual integrity and forces posters to take the good with the bad. Several Clemson posters have added quite a bit to discussions.

We already addressed the Conference Championship issue. Clemson has been in conferences for 75+ years, Syracuse since 1991. Clemson SHOULD have more conference championships than Syracuse. IF you wish to address the same period, Clemson has 2 to Syracuse' 5. I personally don't equate the two because it is a relatively short period, but that is my point of view.

As to Bowl games, you have to address Head to Head and Clemson is 0-1 v. Syracuse. But you conveniently forgot to address that in your response.

Most posters on this site appreciate fans of other teams who know what they are talking about. However, knowing what you are talking about requires intellectual integrity and forces posters to take the good with the bad. Several Clemson posters have added quite a bit to discussions.
really? one of your guys is going to say Clemson has no National Titles and Clemson is only tied with cuse in one thing...and IM the one that does not know what IM talking about? Lol

really? one of your guys is going to say Clemson has no National Titles and Clemson is only tied with cuse in one thing...and IM the one that does not know what IM talking about? Lol
just remember to try the salt potatoes when your up for the game- do it before because you aint going to want to eat for a month after su kicks your fake orange azz's all over the field

Since the poster cleared up the issue, yes, really. Especially since it was addressed in my first line! He admitted the error, corrected it and moved on. The fact that you either refuse to read the full thread or deny it is your problem, not ours. We forgive mistakes and move on, especially when someone owns up to them.

My last paragraph was written to let you know that we welcome opposing fans, just don't be the (*%(&^ or )#*%^ that you don't want visiting fans to be on your site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom