"And then, depression set in" | Syracusefan.com

"And then, depression set in"

Status
Not open for further replies.
so like...who are the current targets and potential signees for this class? no one????!

35DD320D-A14B-45A8-B19C-AAA102E96136.png
This doesn’t help. Ugh

View attachment 220214This doesn’t help. Ugh
But but but...Hurley's a madman, a frothing disaster, an embarassment.
To be fair, all of that is true- but the SOB gets out there and closes deals. That hyperactive energy comes in handy when recruiting, dare I say, highly active youngsters.
Look, we are past the point of dragging this out. JB has to get the "talk", and it has to be soon. I'll say it again, a "face-plant" season like like last year's and it'll be time for torches and pitchforks.
And either way, win or lose, the situation is becoming untenable. JMHO

But but but...Hurley's a madman, a frothing disaster, an embarassment.
To be fair, all of that is true- but the SOB gets out there and closes deals. That hyperactive energy comes in handy when recruiting, dare I say, highly active youngsters.
Look, we are past the point of dragging this out. JB has to get the "talk", and it has to be soon. I'll say it again, a "face-plant" season like like last year's and it'll be time for torches and pitchforks.
And either way, win or lose, the situation is becoming untenable. JMHO
Well - he kinda sucks as a coach beyond “getting them” to try hard. So they won’t do anything with those guys.

Still annoying that they’re recruiting like that while in that league, while we’re….not.

Well - he kinda sucks as a coach beyond “getting them” to try hard. So they won’t do anything with those guys.src

Still annoying that they’re recruiting like that while in that league, while we’re….not.
They a plan and stuck to it. This how great originations operate

You gotta just keepin on and this could be the year with jesse mintz joe, who knows? When youre down it feels so much better being up again. We will have our day/season

I love most of you in this sub gave us the sarcastic “Boeheim can’t recruit” after every 2023 commit, and now class is terrible and you’re on the other side.

I guess I’ll pile on here.
I’m in town for the Virginia game (love me SU sports). I visited the Melo Center and watched practice through that little glass aperture that houses the national championship trophy. I’ve played some basketball in my life but I’m no expert, however our forwards and centers looked ineffective - very uninspiring. Missed shots, not in the flow of the game. The guards looked active and quick especially Mintz and Copeland. Girard knows he’s a starter and did not have the pedal to the metal. That’s OK. Jesse looks capable, but man the rest of them were just stand-ins. Again, it was a small sample, controlled scrimmage so maybe I couldn’t discern that much, but what I did discern was not heartening. I watched maybe 20 minutes worth.

Not all doom and gloom but I’m tamping down my expectations for this year. Maybe someone will emerge (JT was mightily focused). They missed a ton of shots yesterday, inside and outside.

I do think they will be back big time whenever the “new energy” moved through the program. The dome, the tradition, the new coach and the new NIL money will propel them.

Anyway Virginia is the prize this week baby. Win that game and we really elevate ourselves may be into the top 25 and may be into the national conversation. Really hoping Tucker can have a breakout game.

I love most of you in this sub gave us the sarcastic “Boeheim can’t recruit” after every 2023 commit, and now class is terrible and you’re on the other side.
So when is the press conference

You know it’s bad on this board when we’re no longer blaming handlers or making other stupid excuses why we’re not getting recruits.

I will say I do think there are some forces working against our recruiting that haven’t been mentioned. The main one being the stigma that JB will either be forced out or retire next year. Regardless of whether that’s true or not, that uncertainty has gotta be in a recruits mind.

Going through twitter and seeing all of these visits and offers being made it is almost like our staff has taken the month off. We are not mentioned anywhere for 2023 or 2024 for prospects.
Yeah, it's mainly crickets. Although SU was in for Fiedler when the fall recruiting period opened up, yet he obviously chose Providence, Boeheim saw Patterson, Williams just visited, SU reportedly is visiting Jadyn Harris, and I'm fairly confident that Elijah Moore will take an OV at some point (SU is at Cardinal Hayes for him and Ian Jackson during the fall recruiting period). Still, to your point, so many offers in 2023 and 2024, and not much doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom