"And then, depression set in" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"And then, depression set in"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going through twitter and seeing all of these visits and offers being made it is almost like our staff has taken the month off. We are not mentioned anywhere for 2023 or 2024 for prospects.
I think our strategy is flawed. To me it seems they offer 1 or 2 guys at a time, and then wait and wait and get left at the alter. And then move on to the next two guys and its wash, rinse, repeat. They dont send out many offers.

Contrast that with Oates, Musselman, Beard, those guys tend to send out about 35 offers and recruit 5 different guys at each position and the first to commit gets the spot. JBs not casting a wider net because he just cant put in the time and energy that those guys can.

I think our strategy is flawed. To me it seems they offer 1 or 2 guys at a time, and then wait and wait and get left at the alter. And then move on to the next two guys and its wash, rinse, repeat. They dont send out many offers.

Contrast that with Oates, Musselman, Beard, those guys tend to send out about 35 offers and recruit 5 different guys at each position and the first to commit gets the spot. JBs not casting a wider net because he just cant put in the time and energy that those guys can.
I'm not sure which strategy is better, but I'll add I think JB does that in part to make SU offers more exclusive. I've noticed recruits say that in years past.

I guess I’ll pile on here.
I’m in town for the Virginia game (love me SU sports). I visited the Melo Center and watched practice through that little glass aperture that houses the national championship trophy. I’ve played some basketball in my life but I’m no expert, however our forwards and centers looked ineffective - very uninspiring. Missed shots, not in the flow of the game. The guards looked active and quick especially Mintz and Copeland. Girard knows he’s a starter and did not have the pedal to the metal. That’s OK. Jesse looks capable, but man the rest of them were just stand-ins. Again, it was a small sample, controlled scrimmage so maybe I couldn’t discern that much, but what I did discern was not heartening. I watched maybe 20 minutes worth.

Not all doom and gloom but I’m tamping down my expectations for this year. Maybe someone will emerge (JT was mightily focused). They missed a ton of shots yesterday, inside and outside.

I do think they will be back big time whenever the “new energy” moved through the program. The dome, the tradition, the new coach and the new NIL money will propel them.

Anyway Virginia is the prize this week baby. Win that game and we really elevate ourselves may be into the top 25 and may be into the national conversation. Really hoping Tucker can have a breakout game.

All this talk about practice intensity and energy... not great to hear this on the forwards. This year has to be a big bounce back year for a few obvious reasons. If things crash and burn it's gonna be ugly and painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom