And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors

Wing defenders are a premium. Especially ones that guard Bron.

Glad they recognize defense.

Agreed.

And a common denominator between SA / GS these past two years is that they've had wing defenders who can physically match up with Lebron [not saying that they could stop him, but that they could sure make him work and put pressure on him on the other end of the floor], and multiple guys they could throw at him to balance fouls and keep guys fresh.

Wing defenders are a must with Lebron making the finals every year.

Agreed.

And a common denominator between SA / GS these past two years is that they've had wing defenders who can physically match up with Lebron [not saying that they could stop him], and multiple guys they could throw at him to balance fouls and keep guys fresh.

Which is why the Sefalosha injury really was sneaky big for the Cavs.

Happy for guys like Livingston, barbosa, iguodala, and lee. Guys who have been very productive in their careers when healthy and seem like great team players.

Biggest difference in my opinion, was the PG spot. Without Irving, only that idiot Dellavedova at PG.

GSW had curry, Livingston, and barbosa.

11406848_10155646437360461_2180626988763934887_n.jpg

1472043_10155646448725461_6129546505465410158_n.jpg

RF2044 said:
44cuse!!!

Pretty awesome. No doubt about that. Wire to wire best team in the league. Great locker room and unselfishness. A lot of credit goes to Lacob and Kerr for getting this done. HUUUGE win!

44cuse

Agreed.

And a common denominator between SA / GS these past two years is that they've had wing defenders who can physically match up with Lebron [not saying that they could stop him, but that they could sure make him work and put pressure on him on the other end of the floor], and multiple guys they could throw at him to balance fouls and keep guys fresh.

3 and D players are so valuable. It's going to be interesting to see what Danny Green commands on the open market this year.

Hats off to CuseFaninVT -- who called when the Cavs were up 2-1 that GS had made adjustments [in the 4th quarter of game 3] and would win the next three.

His prediction was spot on.

Thanks man, but I also said earlier that same night that Kerr might be out of his element on this stage, so I'm not right about everything.

Golden State was in first place since the first day of the season and never faced elimination in the playoffs. Free Agency season could strengthen a few teams, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get Golden State vs Cleveland next year as well. Curry vs. Lebron could be East vs West rival the NBA hasn't had since Bird/Magic.

Golden State was in first place since the first day of the season and never faced elimination in the playoffs. Free Agency season could strengthen a few teams, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get Golden State vs Cleveland next year as well. Curry vs. Lebron could be East vs West rival the NBA hasn't had since Bird/Magic.
A healthy OKC and San Antonio if they add LaMarcus Aldridge are going to provide some serious competition. I don't trust LAC but they wouldn't be a pushover either.

Then in the East you got...

Yea, Cleveland will be in the Finals again next year.

Agreed.

Also just speaks to the strengths of the Warriors; the backcourt was incredible and obviously the biggest reason for their success, but they had a ton of versatile guys they could use somewhat interchangeably, switch on a ton of screens and never be in a horrible spot, etc.

They were the best team all year and deserved to win the title. and maybe now Barkley will shut up about jump shooting teams not being able to win? (LOL, obviously not)

A healthy OKC and San Antonio if they add LaMarcus Aldridge are going to provide some serious competition. I don't trust LAC but they wouldn't be a pushover either.

The West should probably be super tough again. Especially if the Spurs get Aldridge; I'm not convinced, but either way, like you said a healthy OKC is going to be one of the best teams in the league and the Clippers are really really good. And if the Pellies can ever add just a little bit more about Davis...

Chicago always has a chance, and if Paul George is healthy, Indy can give them trouble depending on how their offseason goes. Rumor is they're trying to trade Hibbert and could look to trade down in the draft to acquire additional assets.

Chicago always has a chance, and if Paul George is healthy, Indy can give them trouble depending on how their offseason goes. Rumor is they're trying to trade Hibbert and could look to trade down in the draft to acquire additional assets.
As crazy as it sounds, I think the Knicks could get good quick. More of a chance that we continue to suck and run the triangle into the ground but with Melo, $$$ and a high draft pick, things could change real quick.

Yeah it does sound crazy
I just don't think we'll be as bad as everyone think we will be. Best case scenario would to have either Russell or Towns fall to us and then get 2 of 3 depending on who's drafted (Danny Green, Demarre Carroll, Greg Monroe).

Since we're the Knicks, we win 2 meaningless games, draft 4th, all those guys are gone and we're stuck with the 2nd tier lottery picks or a trade.

I just don't think we'll be as bad as everyone think we will be. Best case scenario would to have either Russell or Towns fall to us and then get 2 of 3 depending on who's drafted (Danny Green, Demarre Carroll, Greg Monroe).

Since we're the Knicks, we win 2 meaningless games, draft 4th, all those guys are gone and we're stuck with the 2nd tier lottery picks or a trade.

They could definitely be a lot better next year, I don't see them seriously challenging the Cavs is all. I still can't believe they had that winning streak at the end of the year except of course I can.

God if Towns or Russell fell to us; i would be just beyond excited. I like Carroll and Green, I am vehemently opposed to Monroe. I've said it a million times but thge 2013 team should be the tempalte. Carroll and Green both fit into that, Monroe does not.

As crazy as it sounds, I think the Knicks could get good quick. More of a chance that we continue to suck and run the triangle into the ground but with Melo, $$$ and a high draft pick, things could change real quick.

You could improve to become a playoff team but unless you convince Aldridge or something to sign, you're not going to be a contender for a long time IMO. Most likely, you'll go into next year with something like:

Mudiay
Hardaway
Carroll
Melo
Monroe

or something along those lines. That might be a 6-8 seed if you're lucky IMO.

Can San Antonio add Aldridge without losing Green?

Will everyone on OKC stay healthy and do they have enough outside of Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka? Golden State is deeper.

They could definitely be a lot better next year, I don't see them seriously challenging the Cavs is all. I still can't believe they had that winning streak at the end of the year except of course I can.

God if Towns or Russell fell to us; i would be just beyond excited. I like Carroll and Green, I am vehemently opposed to Monroe. I've said it a million times but thge 2013 team should be the tempalte. Carroll and Green both fit into that, Monroe does not.
Agreed on Monroe. I don't care who we draft, I want Danny Green and Demarre Carroll. Play Melo at the 4 but Carroll can eat some minutes there as well on defense so Melo doesn't wear down.

If we stand pat, assuming Towns and Russell are gone, sounds like we're targeting either Winslow or WCS. Who knows if that's legit or a smokescreen.

Chicago needs to keep Jimmy Butler. He wants to go to L.A.

Can San Antonio add Aldridge without losing Green?

Will everyone on OKC stay healthy and do they have enough outside of Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka? Golden State is deeper.
Golden State is deeper but Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka completely ***** on Curry/Thompson/Green. Curry is a Top 5 player in the NBA but OKC has 2 of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom