Andre Szmyt stat tracker | Syracusefan.com

Andre Szmyt stat tracker

Grabberorang

Taco and portal enthusiast
Andre has a chance to be one of the best if not the best ever in college. Thought it would be fun to track his progress over the next few years against the record books.

NCAA career %:
Alex Henry Nebraska 89.5%
Andre Szmyt 87.5%
NCAA Total:
Zane Gonzalez Arizona State 96
Andre Szmyt 28
NCAA Season:
Bill Bennett Georgia 31
Andre Szmyt 28
NCAA most points by Kicker:
Zane Gonzalez Arizona State 494
Andre Szmyt 141
NCAA most points by non-kicker:
Keenan Reynolds Navy 530
Andre Szmyt 141

I don’t think Andre has a shot at NCAA most points by a non-kicker
I think he is saying not only could Andre become leading scorer college placekicker in history; he could become the leading scorer period in the history of college football.

Keenan Reynolds was a QB for Navy who scored 89 TDs in his college career (88 of them rushing).

It is a different offense but those are still great numbers. To give them context, Eric 'only' has 35 rushing. Keenan had 31 in one season.

The irony is that the better your team is the fewer Field Goal attempts. I am hoping that we have a touchdown oriented red zone offense next year. Where does Andre stand on extra points?

Correct. I wanted to point out the non kicker stat because he could surpass that number as well.

Update: 12/29/18. Freshmen year complete.

NCAA career %:
Andre Szmyt 88.2%
NCAA FG Total:
Andre Szmyt 30
NCAA FG Season:
Bill Bennett Georgia 31
Andre Szmyt 30
Andre Szmyt 151
NCAA most points:
Keenan Reynolds Navy 530
Andre Szmyt 151
2018 Season Notes:
Syracuse single season PAT (61) record holder
Syracuse single season FG (30) record holder
3 for 3 on 50+ yard FG
61 for 61 on PAT
1st Syracuse freshman consensus All American since 2001
2018 Lou Groza Award Winner

After game 1.

NCAA career %:
Andre Szmyt 88.6%
NCAA FG Total:

Andre Szmyt 31

Andre Szmyt 157
NCAA most points:
Keenan Reynolds Navy 530
Andre Szmyt 157

NCAA career %:
Andre Szmyt 89.5%
NCAA FG Total:

Andre Szmyt 34

Andre Szmyt 175
NCAA most points:

Keenan Reynolds Navy 530
Andre Szmyt 175

I want him to break the FG percentage record but that’s all, we want lots of TDs and fewer FGs.

NCAA career %:
Andre Szmyt 89.7%
NCAA FG Total:

Andre Szmyt 35

Andre Szmyt 182
NCAA most points:

Keenan Reynolds Navy 530
Andre Szmyt 182

Any thoughts as to why he didn't attempt the 52 yarder? Was Dino just trying to give Hof a look?

Any thoughts as to why he didn't attempt the 52 yarder? Was Dino just trying to give Hof a look?
Dino said both have great legs but Hof's is stronger so they went with him.

I thought the same, but I wonder if there's more to it than that.

Can't be too many instances in history of a healthy Groza Award winner staying on the bench while his punter attempts a field goal that, to the best of my knowledge, is within his range. (I think he hit a 52- or 53-yarder last year but might be mistaken.)

Can't be too many instances in history of a healthy Groza Award winner staying on the bench while his punter attempts a field goal that, to the best of my knowledge, is within his range. (I think he hit a 52- or 53-yarder last year but might be mistaken.)

I thought the same. In my crazy mind I thought he's protecting Smyzt and showcasing HOF for the pro's. I mean HOF is an All-American punter and oh by the way can drain a 52 yard field goal with 8 yards to spare?

Last edited:

Szmyt was 3 for 3 on 50+ yarders last year so it doesnt make sense.

That seems weird. Szmyt kicked multiple 50 yarders last year, some being longer than 52.

I wonder if Smyzt is injured. His kicks, even mundane XPTs, have been crooked this year. New snapper, perhaps, but I am guessing he has a minor injury and Dino said let’s give him a few weeks or rest/recovery.

Smyzt hit a 2-3 from 50+ last year. So, HOF’s kick vs HC made no sense in a vacuum.

That seems weird. Szmyt kicked multiple 50 yarders last year, some being longer than 52.
I just repeated what Dino said post-game. Could be that was just a story but that's what he said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom