Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
If hes not going to Michigan State or Miami, where else is he going, he only has a couple weeks left to make a decision?
EXACTLY. He's coming here. I think (just my opinion) the bigger question is - do we want him when it's all said and done. I've never claimed to be a basketball genius. Heck, I never played high school sports but I don't think he's the second coming of Carmelo Anthony.

Orangeman13 said:
One thing my source did find out is that Miami isn't on his list anymore. She's the one who told me about 10 days before AW told everyone about Michigan State.
I think the funniest part about these threads is you continuing to discuss your source. We know you have a source, we know your info comes from that source. You really shouldn't discuss said source publicly.

I appreciate your information but your repeated source references come off as though you're trolling.

EXACTLY. He's coming here. I think (just my opinion) the bigger question is - do we want him when it's all said and done. I've never claimed to be a basketball genius. Heck, I never played high school sports but I don't think he's the second coming of Carmelo Anthony.
Yes we want him here without question . If he wanted to be the "man " he would have stayed at Nebraska .

dasher said:
I'm sorry but I and others said that this was not a done deal weeks ago. Do I think at the end of the day that he will probably go to Syracuse? Yes I do. But i know for a fact that Syracuse coaches were going to call him last week and review why we were a better situation than Miami. That sound like the coaches thought it was a done deal? I also believe Orangeman 13 when he says that prep is being made for him at Syracuse. That makes sense as well. And it would right up to the moment he says, sorry guys, I'm going to...fill in the blank. If this was a sure thing, let's face it, it would already be a done deal. I think he goes to Syracuse. And I really want him because he could be a difference maker for us. But part of me is thinking, What is up with this kid and is he more trouble than he is worth?
And on cue, MW popping some articles out.

Yes we definitely want him. Even if his recruitment has been annoying he's been well liked by his teammates and the second he is officially orange we will forget all of this frustration.

I think the funniest part about these threads is you continuing to discuss your source. We know you have a source, we know your info comes from that source. You really shouldn't discuss said source publicly.

I appreciate your information but your repeated source references come off as though you're trolling.
I just didn't want people thinking that I think I know what's going on. I've been getting private messages from people who don't post asking me about it. Sorry.

Orangeman13 said:
I just didn't want people thinking that I think I know what's going on. I've been getting private messages from people who don't post asking me about it. Sorry.
you don't have to be sorry. Your info is good, just leave it at that.

Yes we want him, we want him badly, the guy can shoot it, which we desperately need, the kid avg 16 ppg in the Big Ten, I will gladly take him.

Briancuse said:
Either one of those choices would stun me.
Florida gulf coast would stun me, not schools in his backyard

And on cue, MW popping some articles out.
Syracuse, Miami, other? The questions surrounding Andrew White's decision

images

.Would it also be fair to say that your source has never seen a kid that was going to go to Syracuse suddenly say, I'm going to fill in the blank instead. The coaches have seen that before. Heck, I bet that some of the players on our own team were thought by other schools to be going to that school instead of Syracuse.
I've said this before and will say it again. Kid wants to come but Dad is driving the bus. It is TT Part 2. I do agree with most and say he will eventually end up at SU like TT did, however I thought we were done with drama with TT's recruitment but this is right up there.

I've said this before and will say it again. Kid wants to come but Dad is driving the bus. It is TT Part 2. I do agree with most and say he will eventually end up at SU like TT did, however I thought we were done with drama with TT's recruitment but this is right up there.

Dad is driving the bus but to what possible destinations at this point? That's the baffling part. At least with TT, we knew where mom wanted the bus to go.

The whole TT thing was because mom wanted him to stay close to home, what is Dad's angle here? What is he looking for?

The whole TT thing was because mom wanted him to stay close to home, what is Dad's angle here? What is he looking for?
That is the million dollar question we all want to know :)

Dad is driving the bus but to what possible destinations at this point? That's the baffling part. At least with TT, we knew where mom wanted the bus to go.
If one and two are definitely out, Daddy might be looking at CJ McCollum and thinking it doesn't matter where you play.
1) Michigan State. Great program, great coach. Possible limited playing time. Not that close to home.
2) Miami. Good program, good coach. Possible limited playing time. Not that close to home but plays in a conference with lots of "driveable" games.
3) VCU or Richmond. Non P5 schools. Would be BMOC with friends and family in attendance at every home game. Not as much exposure but NBA doesn't necessarily care. Remember that CJ McCollum went to Lehigh and just signed a $104 Million Dollar contract.
4) Cuse. Great program, great coach. Playing time TBD. Not that close to home but plays in the ACC. 24,000+ at every home game. Six straight 1st round draft picks. NBA scouts at every game. Two FF's in the last four years.

Look, there is no doubt that AW makes us a better, more complete team. However, he needs us just as much, if not more, than we need him. If he wants to go to the NBA next year, he's not getting there through Richmond or VCU, period. I don't think we should resort to begging a kid to come unless he's Carmelo (or Hami Diallo!)

He shouldn't be worried about being guaranteed anything. Like some of you already said, JB will play his best players always. If AW3 comes in and is hitting everything from deep, rebounding, and playing good D, he will get plenty of PT. Also, AW can look for a guarantee all he wants, but if JB guarantees him a starting spot and AW stinks it up, JB will bench him.

Reminds me , as in all these threads , Of a Great man jumping off a tall building to save a women . But the problem was as he was falling was his hair ! My hair , My hair . True movie . Andrew Dice Clay ! Bring it home to the Cuse Andrew !

Also, I'm hearing rumblings that JB's offer is not indefinite.

This makes little sense. The kid has to be enrolled within a month. We arent going to fill his spot with someone else. Also, the comment that JB being ib Rio is holding this up seems implausible. This is the 21st century. We have cell phones and email. I've enjoyed your info and have been quiet thus far but those two things don't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom