Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people cared where I was having lunch, and it was a life-changing decision, I'd have no problem letting people know where I was going to have lunch. White has used social media to announce visits, his transfer to Nebraska, his graduation, and other less important things. That's why it seems odd he hasn't announced anything. I don't see the harm in announcing your intentions and don't see the reason to keep people in the dark. Has he notified VCU they are out? I would think someone at VCU would know by now. No reason not to be transparent on what you're doing. He doesn't us us or anyone else anything, it just seems weird not to say anything.
Maybe he feels that it should only be a life-changing decision for him.

All right so if I go to the NYS and see White what booths/foods do I need to try? I tend to go the fair the night before the first football the last 3 years.

But not the end of madness, madness will have a new home, and that home's name is Quade Green.
Madness??

my buddy just flew to Ireland to see them...

a56f8142df7709328cba61028d0f4175_vice_670.jpg

It seems, that around the time he decided to leave Nebraska, his decision was leaked before he could notify all of his teammates and he got some bad press off of that. Guess he decided to cool it on social media to avoid more backlash.:noidea:

If I recall it was the Neb basketball staff or Athletic Dept that outed him with a leak which he felt very burned by. It's a good point although in this case not sure what he is worried will happen, but it is a possible explanation for the silence.

at this point, it's easier to just "show up" across town than to pack up and drive with your family 500 miles north. My 2 cents, though he'd be a perfect fit in orange

While I'm confident White is coming here, based upon the info some insiders have shared, I do have to say that I don't remember anything quite like this summer's recruiting.

Both the Tauren Thompson and the Andrew White recruitment have been unusual sagas. To have two such crazy ass situations happen in the same summer is really unprecedented.

I had heard from a forum member this weekend but I didn't report it yesterday.

From my OWN source I can confirm what this VERY credible forum member told me.

He will be on campus no later than Saturday.

I thought you said he would be in the Melo center today...

I thought you said he would be in the Melo center today...
I believe he will - as I stated - another very credible forum member told me Saturday - so I trust him as well.

Hence the 29 hour window.

at this point, it's easier to just "show up" across town than to pack up and drive with your family 500 miles north. My 2 cents, though he'd be a perfect fit in orange
Would have thought that was possible if they didn't already start class. Why intentionally fall behind if you are 15 minutes from class? The only thing that keeps me from saying VCU is out, or more accurately, was never in... is the odd nature of this whole process. AW3 has not followed the normal recruiting process at any step. So who knows?

Last edited:
let's keep something in mind - AW3 was burned by the media and fans before by leaving Nebraska so late.

I have been told he is being quiet on purpose - he learned the hard way about things leaking.

That is all I was told. Read into it what you will.

While I'm confident White is coming here, based upon the info some insiders have shared, I do have to say that I don't remember anything quite like this summer's recruiting.

Both the Tauren Thompson and the Andrew White recruitment have been unusual sagas. To have two such crazy ass situations happen in the same summer is really unprecedented.

And really Battle's recruitment held the previous record for strangest before that. Gillon was nice n easy. Hopefully a few of these '17 guys buck the trend although players of that caliber are not usually the smooth ones.

let's keep something in mind - AW3 was burned by the media and fans before by leaving Nebraska so late.

I have been told he is being quiet on purpose - he learned the hard way about things leaking.

So, joining his next team so late, will somehow make up for that? :noidea:

This announcement has been in the can for so long, it's not going to be released, it's going to be paroled. :p

If I recall it was the Neb basketball staff or Athletic Dept that outed him with a leak which he felt very burned by. It's a good point although in this case not sure what he is worried will happen, but it is a possible explanation for the silence.

I think White thinks Nebraska outed him with the leak, but the leak may have been his dad. Rothstein was the one that reported it.

Replies to several comments on here. Don't forget I have several pages to catch up on every morning being on west coast time.
First of all if he decides to text Rothstein on his way up here, I hope NOT WHILE HE IS DRIVING!! Do not text and drive!!
OK, now that the public service announcement portion is over, I also think it is refreshing that he is just coming. This is how I look at it... He wants to be here to play and move to the next level. He is not interested in being the most important part of this team but a part of it. He is just going to slip in, work hard and play a good team role. I see the type of person who arrives this way as a positive thing. He does not need to be the center of attention. He knows he is one of many players that will be great and make this a fantastic season.
Any drama, was OUR drama, not his drama. He did not cause it. We did. But we also had some fun with it for the most part.It was a good summer activity/diversion to get us to football season.

I don't care how long he takes. My hope is he is driving up 81 tomorrow or Saturday. We are a much strong team with AW3 on it.

btw, I have restrained myself from posting here. This is only my 2nd post (actually my 3rd, my 2nd was deleted) Hopefully this one will be my last.

But there's no reason to be quiet. Unless you're being deceptive. It sounds like the deception and silence at Nebraska is what led to the ill-will from Nebraska fans. We are seeing the silence the Nebraska fans saw.

Replies to several comments on here. Don't forget I have several pages to catch up on every morning being on west coast time.
First of all if he decides to text Rothstein on his way up here, I hope NOT WHILE HE IS DRIVING!! Do not text and drive!!
OK, now that the public service announcement portion is over, I also think it is refreshing that he is just coming. This is how I look at it... He wants to be here to play and move to the next level. He is not interested in being the most important part of this team but a part of it. He is just going to slip in, work hard and play a good team role. I see the type of person who arrives this way as a positive thing. He does not need to be the center of attention. He knows he is one of many players that will be great and make this a fantastic season.
Any drama, was OUR drama, not his drama. He did not cause it. We did. But we also had some fun with it for the most part.It was a good summer activity/diversion to get us to football season.

This thread is no place for common sense and understanding...please take this elsewhere...

Seriously though, I completely agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors