Class of 2014 - Andrew Wiggins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Andrew Wiggins

Ughh! This thread has totally gone amuck! And I was a big part of it.

Sorry all!

There is a new article on Wiggins today on Rivals. I'd love to see another Canadian kid at Syracuse. Here's an excerpt:

"George insists that Wiggins is much more open in the recruitment process and that other programs are shutting the door on themselves by not even attempting to recruit him. "I'll say this as my statement on his recruitment, these college coaches need to stop assuming and take a chance and recruit him," he said. "A lot of people assume that he's going to Florida State because of his parents or Kentucky or whatever because it's presented like that in the media. All of these assumptions are made but it has never come out of his mouth. "These other coaches aren't even trying."

Edit: the blocked out part is 'r1vals.c0m'

http://basketballrecruiting./content.asp?CID=1405283

There is a new article on Wiggins today on Rivals. I'd love to see another Canadian kid at Syracuse. Here's an excerpt:

"George insists that Wiggins is much more open in the recruitment process and that other programs are shutting the door on themselves by not even attempting to recruit him. "I'll say this as my statement on his recruitment, these college coaches need to stop assuming and take a chance and recruit him," he said. "A lot of people assume that he's going to Florida State because of his parents or Kentucky or whatever because it's presented like that in the media. All of these assumptions are made but it has never come out of his mouth. "These other coaches aren't even trying."

Edit: the blocked out part is 'r1vals.c0m'

http://basketballrecruiting.**********/content.asp?CID=1405283
Same they said about kidd_gilchrest. I bet monies he picks one of those two.

I have a small amount of excitement with Wiggins. I kept thinking MCW would have a huge impact on Noels decision, which turned out to be me wanting to take a pair of shears to his flat top and back of his head after he turned around in his chair to show off his college choice. With Wiggins I would like to have excitement of our chances because we do have Ennis, his bounce teammate and friend, and I dont have to explain how amazing he would be in our system. Just hard to get any kind of excitement after the NOel drama with this caliber a player.

I truly don't believe, and this is more out of frustration and anger than knowing, we have a chance at this kid. Angered because it seems all these kids wait around for Kentucky now. For every Coleman, there's 15 Noels that will choose UK over cuse. It's extremely tiring and frustrating.

Until he comes out and explicitly states that he is going elsewhere and Syracuse is not in the running, I'm content to entertain the notion that he might end up at Cuse. I mean... Impossible is nothing!

em...this will be my response everytime i hear that a recruit doesnt have us on their lists any longer. EMMM

so with harrison's and young to UK -- wiggins not going to Uk for MM - why am i starting to think we have shot here..

so with harrison's and young to UK -- wiggins not going to Uk for MM - why am i starting to think we have shot here..
b/c Jake said

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Involved in his recruitment... Not his reclassify.

If wiggins reclassifies, we will be involved.
Why would a reclassification matter? Doesn't SU offer more in '14?

Is it based on UK being full for '13, so a late commit could work to our advantage in this instance?

Involved in his recruitment... Not his reclassify.

You thinking a legit shot if he reclassifies? Or is he's locked in on UK or FSU regardless...

Why would a reclassification matter? Doesn't SU offer more in '14?

Is it based on UK being full for '13, so a late commit could work to our advantage in this instance?
How is a team with 8 scholarship players that has a couple of seniors and guys leaving early gonna ever be full?

they (UK) will get the ncaa to waiver them another scholly if they dont have enough. they could get lebron to opt out of his heat contract and be a one and done, cal could sell water to a well...greatest of all time. dont you read espn's site? comeon guys.