Class of 2014 - Andrew Wiggins | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Andrew Wiggins

From John rothstein?
leave it to the pay side...but indications from those that have seen Grant play this summer and fall indicate he is ready.....not from Rothstein--he is not insider on pay site.

leave it to the pay side...but indications from those that have seen Grant play this summer and fall indicate he is ready.....not from Rothstein--he is not insider on pay site.
Somebody said they saw him at pledge week. No?

Somebody said they saw him at pledge week. No?
Correct...but Grant did not receive an automatic pass. Apparently the vote for him to start the program has been placed on back-up for now. However, his big brother has indicated very soon, very soon for Grant to gain recognition.

Agreed. I expect him to be a 2013 kid. But it ain't done yet..

Jake do you think the staff is selling coming in as a Carmelo like talent and taking over in the ACC in our inaugural year? I would imagine that is a enticing idea for a kid, in addition to playing with his buddy Ennis.

Jake do you think the staff is selling coming in as a Carmelo like talent and taking over in the ACC in our inaugural year? I would imagine that is a enticing idea for a kid, in addition to playing with his buddy Ennis.
Thats all I'd be saying, then I'd point him to yesterday and all the hoopla about melo's return, how much it means to the city, the program and Melo himslef... who is in fact a world travler

Thats all I'd be saying, then I'd point him to yesterday and all the hoopla about melo's return, how much it means to the city, the program and Melo himslef... who is in fact a world travler

How about being the last great player of JB's career??

Certainly we are telling him he can come in an excell right away.
FWIW on Grant. I Loooove him as a player. Still don't think he gets more than breadcrumbs once Big East starts. But he has great BB IQ.

Certainly we are telling him he can come in an excell right away.
FWIW on Grant. I Loooove him as a player. Still don't think he gets more than breadcrumbs once Big East starts. But he has great BB IQ.
All this talk is making me hungry... breadcrumbs and barbeque..Yes!!!

Most recent, hours ago, blog on Wiggins...'Cuse not in the talk or conversation. Seems like Ohio State and KU are the new big guns...is that correct?

Story written by Dave Telep...ESPNInsider. Seems as if KY may be out of picture...but nothing about 'Cuse being in.

I honestly don't think Dave telep knows his a$$ from a hole in the wall. I trust our insiders more then any other recruiting guru besides maybe Alex Kline...and only because he goes to newhouse and knows most of these recruits personally.

I honestly don't think Dave telep knows his a$$ from a hole in the wall. I trust our insiders more then any other recruiting guru besides maybe Alex Kline...and only because he goes to newhouse and knows most of these recruits personally.
I'm certainly not an authority on Telep's info or resume ... but I think it would be naive to disregard info from anyone at ESPN purely because of the absurd network of sources they have developed. Just a natural result of having a practical monopoly on the US sports market for decades. Not saying Telep is right or wrong, just that the simple state of working for ESPN gets him through doors that others can't.

Personally I think Wiggins will wind up being yet another notch on UK's dirty belt. Just the reality of the times.

Telep is good if your completely oblivious to recruiting and just watch the espn specials...he is great informing all the bbn dorks of their next paid in full recruit. everytime i watch the guy, i feel like hes not really on top of anything besides UK crap. all good, he works for espn who works with UK. as far as Wiggins, if Jake or Francis says were involved if/when he reclassifies...good deal. highly unlikely as we dont hear much, but still good were a player.

It is official according to his coach. This should be funny, wonder how long he lasts before succumbing to Cal.

Cal is going to drop Jabari like a bad habit, i bet.

cal and espn already have a camera crew in WV pushing him to commit before the next episode of all access hits the air.

Agreed. I expect him to be a 2013 kid. But it ain't done yet..
As usual, you're on the money. Where do you put the odds here? 10% cuse, 10% Kansas, 10% unc, 20%fsu and 50% UK??