Class of 2014 - Andrew Wiggins | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Andrew Wiggins

If Marcus Lee '13 commits to Kentucky can only think that helps our chances - would be their 5th recruit for 2013.

If Marcus Lee '13 commits to Kentucky can only think that helps our chances - would be their 5th recruit for 2013.
No way, Calipari would clear a spot for Wiggins no matter what it takes. He is all about image, and having the best high school player in the country commit to UK is gold.

Can you ahve more than 5 incoming players? My guess is wiggins pays his own way to get around it

Can you ahve more than 5 incoming players? My guess is wiggins pays his own way to get around it
St. John's did it a few years ago

I have a small amount of excitement with Wiggins. I kept thinking MCW would have a huge impact on Noels decision, which turned out to be me wanting to take a pair of shears to his flat top and back of his head after he turned around in his chair to show off his college choice. With Wiggins I would like to have excitement of our chances because we do have Ennis, his bounce teammate and friend, and I dont have to explain how amazing he would be in our system. Just hard to get any kind of excitement after the NOel drama with this caliber a player.
That only image this brought to mind is Norman's mom whirling around in Psycho:

imgres.jpeg

Not sure if he just wants more attention but it's being reported by a bunch of sources that Wiggins wants more schools to recruit him. Including Syracuse.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/james-...or-for-other-schools-with-wiggins/#more-81663

Ohio State and Syracuse are also on Wiggins’s radar.

“Ohio State was set to come down last week,” Fulford said. “The guys had a field trip so they weren’t in, so I think [assistant coach] Chris Jent was going to try and reschedule this week.”

Syracuse, meantime, has landed a pledge from Wiggins’s CIA Bounce teammate, St. Benedict’s Prep point guard Tyler Ennis.

Ennis previously told SNY.tv he’s working on recruiting 2013 forwards Jermaine Lawrence and Beejay Anya and 2014 forward Chris McCullough to Syracuse, but he’s also close with Wiggins.

“Those schools have kind of all started picking up over the last couple weeks,” Fulford said. “But it was kind of [after] James Young’s decision.”

We are in the game here, and have been in the game. But if he's a 2014 kid, he's going to UK.
Awesome, how many people would we take in this class? I am really more concerned with 14 at this point. I dont want to lose out on McCullough, Johnson and Whitehead, they would be fantastic.

We are in the game here, and have been in the game. But if he's a 2014 kid, he's going to UK.
It seems that it would be foolish to stay in 2014 if he can reclassify to 2013. The kid will be a one and done and almost certainly be the number one pick in whatever draft he is in. He would get to the money faster.

Numbers for this class depends on who we can get. I think were in decent shape for the three '14 candidates you mentioned. Wiggins isn't a factor for those 2014 kids, he is the walking talking definition of 1 and done.

It seems that it would be foolish to stay in 2014 if he can reclassify to 2013. The kid will be a one and done and almost certainly be the number one pick in whatever draft he is in. He would get to the money faster.
Agreed. I expect him to be a 2013 kid. But it ain't done yet..

Numbers for this class depends on who we can get. I think were in decent shape for the three '14 candidates you mentioned. Wiggins isn't a factor for those 2014 kids, he is the walking talking definition of 1 and done.
Oh no question on Wiggins. I was just curious if we'd still take a guard, a pf and then Wiggins if he was a late addition.

We have 10 scolly players this year with 2 seniors.
So if everyone stays we can add a max of 5 guys and we already have 3 commits.
I'ts very unlikely that everyone who can return does IMO. So it would be possible to take 6.

We have 10 scolly players this year with 2 seniors.
So if everyone stays we can add a max of 5 guys and we already have 3 commits.
I'ts very unlikely that everyone who can return does IMO. So it would be possible to take 6.
I think so to but that makes me worry about a log jam for the 14 class, which I think ia most important at this time.

I think so to but that makes me worry about a log jam for the 14 class, which I think ia most important at this time.

Well I would think Wiggins would have the ball alot and that may mean no second guard for 13 class. I don't think Obokoh or Johnson will stop stud forwards from 13 or 14 class from coming in. I agree that we are fine for 13 regardless now and that makes 14 more important especially when we look to be in very good shape to last 2-3 stud players.

Well I would think Wiggins would have the ball alot and that may mean no second guard for 13 class. I don't think Obokoh or Johnson will stop stud forwards from 13 or 14 class from coming in. I agree that we are fine for 13 regardless now and that makes 14 more important especially when we look to be in very good shape to last 2-3 stud players.
I agree, but what if we take that 2nd guard before Wiggins commits. I still think whitehead is recruiting over Patterson, but probably not Jordan. Tricky stuff.

PT would be weird.

If none of our forwards jump to the NBA, we'd have CJ (sr), Rak (jr), DC2 (so), and Grant (so) ... who would all have to make room for a freshman to eat up 30+ minutes.

Nice problem for the staff to have ... but not an appealing situation to a #1 prospect. If Rak declares after this year then the door swings wide open ... but if not ...

edit: eh, nevermind, I guess having DC2/Rak splitting 40 min at center and 20 min at PF would be fine, with Grant having to wait another year to break out.

PT would be weird.

If none of our forwards jump to the NBA, we'd have CJ (sr), Rak (jr), DC2 (so), and Grant (so) ... who would all have to make room for a freshman to eat up 30+ minutes.

Nice problem for the staff to have ... but not an appealing situation to a #1 prospect. If Rak declares after this year then the door swings wide open ... but if not ...

edit: eh, nevermind, I guess having DC2/Rak splitting 40 min at center and 20 min at PF would be fine, with Grant having to wait another year to break out.
Grant is going to surprise...he will not wait another year and in fact...is ready to go now 20 min+ from all that I have heard...