Andy Katz says we're in barring a collapse | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz says we're in barring a collapse

upload_2017-2-4_14-7-26.png

I'm in the fake tweet mood today.

Way too early to say something like this. Appreciate Katz's sentiment but it's February 4th.

Agreed we still have work to do. 4 to be safe IMO, and in my view there is only one highly likely win on our schedule (Home vs GTech). Now everything else is winnable (except maybe at Louisville), but we need to execute.

No time for that talk now with Duke and Louisville twice up ahead. Keep it on the roll. There's work to be done, one game at a time. LGO!

still work, but these guys are clearly believing in themselves now
You can see why JB spoke about how talented they are.

White, Battle and Lydon are all big time players. Gillon is starting to figure it out and jump into that category and Roberson/Thompson are solid role players.

You need guard play and shooting - we're starting to exhibit that in spades.

Defense is slowly but surely starting to ratchet up its effectiveness.

The fact is that we have taken what certainly was looking to be the worst season in my 40+ yr. lifetime, and have put ourselves back in the discussion. That's what we have always done, even in the worst of times, and that is why I am so grateful to Coach Boeheim and so proud to be an Orange fan! Keep it rolling boys - no other team in the country with the consistency over 50 yrs. as the 'Cuse!

You should have been at the St. John's game.

Huh? St Johns?!? How about the epic meltdown in the game thread during the last loss. "I dont mind not being on the bubble this season, it saves me from all the anxiety", or something to that effect. I was about the only person giving such posters the finger during that thread. Am I the new ^#*@^ or )#**#? I dont think so, but it seemed close enough.

Next two games are huge...as a minimum we need to split away at Clemson and Pitt.

Gotta get to 19 to finish the regular season...then win at least one in Brooklyn

Yeah, the game at Pitt promises to be another rock fight. They're giving Duke all they can handle right now at Cameron.

nb: however, they faded down the stretch ...

Last edited:
Huh? St Johns?!? How about the epic meltdown in the game thread during the last loss. "I dont mind not being on the bubble this season, it saves me from all the anxiety", or something to that effect. I was about the only person giving such posters the finger during that thread. Am I the new ^#*@^ or )#**#? I dont think so, but it seemed close enough.

That isn't a quote of my words from that thread. But yes, there are many examples.

Yeah, the game at Pitt promises to be another rock fight. They're giving Duke all they can handle right now at Cameron.

If Pitt loses another close one, you have to wonder if that takes a lot of air out of their sail.

If Pitt loses another close one, you have to wonder if that takes a lot of air out of their sail.

Not at home, I don't think. Especially after we beat them at the 'Dome. They're always up for us there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom