Annual Army Game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Annual Army Game

I say play Army with a rotation of Yukon and other 2 academies. 4 Army, 4 Yukon and 2 Navy/Air Force over 10 years.

UB, UMess, Ohio/MI MACs, JMU and Temple should be mostly 1 off buy games or 2 for 1s.
If SU played a series with UB and the road games were at the new Bills stadium, I would think that the Bills would pay Syracuse for the game. Maybe they could fill the stadium.

If SU played a series with UB and the road games were at the new Bills stadium, I would think that the Bills would pay Syracuse for the game. Maybe they could fill the stadium.
Syracuse would bring 15K fans

The average Erie County resident doesn't care about Syracuse. Maybe 5K neutrals

UB would bring 20K fans if they have pulse (it would be their Super Bowl)

It might work but it would really help if we string a few more bowl seasons together

Syracuse would bring 15K fans

The average Erie County resident doesn't care about Syracuse. Maybe 5K neutrals

UB would bring 20K fans if they have pulse (it would be their Super Bowl)

It might work but it would really help if we string a few more bowl seasons together
I think 15k is the absolute low estimate. I mean it's not even a road trip, really more of a commute. I think 30k is a reasonable number. UB fans and casuals would show as Syracuse really triggers them. There's also cost savings for team travel and the lower pay game for UB as their travel to Syracuse would be much lower. .

I think 15k is the absolute low estimate. I mean it's not even a road trip, really more of a commute. I think 30k is a reasonable number. UB fans and casuals would show as Syracuse really triggers them. There's also cost savings for team travel and the lower pay game for UB as their travel to Syracuse would be much lower. .
I was at Rich Stadium in 1979

We had about 10k

We just had 32K for WMU yet you think 30K would travel 2+ hrs to Buffalo?

Actually a neutral game there vs tOSU or Penn State would be the better way.

I was at Rich Stadium in 1979

We had about 10k

We just had 32K for WMU yet you think 30K would travel 2+ hrs to Buffalo?

Actually a neutral game there vs tOSU or Penn State would be the better way.
Syracuse football was in the wilderness in 1979. Of course playing a P5 would be on a whole other level. That would cost Syracuse a home game, this would be the return road game against a G5 instead of going to WMU, UConn etc. If the game was on a Saturday night before a Bills game and you throw a party at the stadium, I can't see how a lot of people going to the Bills game wouldn't go for some early tailgating. Many, many Bills fans are at least casual Orange fans, probably the majority think of Syracuse as upstate's power 5 college football team. To me it's makes too much sense which is why it won't happen.

Held on way too long as he rolled around. Guy was already down, let go.

I had to listen to the second half on the radio and the XM feed was the Army radio broadcast. They had no issue with the tackle and just said the guy got twisted up trying to gain a couple extra yards. I’d guess if it was dirty they would have called it out. Maybe not.
IMO, It was an aggressive tackle, but to me it looked like Barron wasn't entirely sure if he was fully down. I really don't think injury was the intent but I do believe it was a little reckless. Not dirty. A bit excessive. But if he wasn't fully down and somehow squirmed away, we'd be crushing him for that. Tough for these guys to win.

I say play Army with a rotation of Yukon and other 2 academies. 4 Army, 4 Yukon and 2 Navy/Air Force over 10 years.

UB, UMess, Ohio/MI MACs, JMU and Temple should be mostly 1 off buy games or 2 for 1s.

For our G5s I like:

1 game vs Northeastern (Army, Navy, Temple, UConn, UMass (if in Gillette)

1 game vs Ohio MAC (Akron, Bowling Green, Kent State, Miami, Ohio, Toledo)

The problem is Army and Navy in the AAC leaves no room for SU OOC.

For our G5s I like:

1 game vs Northeastern (Army, Navy, Temple, UConn, UMass (if in Gillette)

1 game vs Ohio MAC (Akron, Bowling Green, Kent State, Miami, Ohio, Toledo)

The problem is Army and Navy in the AAC leaves no room for SU OOC.
All good points

However...if Army joins the AAC that actually frees up Navy 1 game but obviously restricts Army going forward.

All good points

However...if Army joins the AAC that actually frees up Navy 1 game but obviously restricts Army going forward.

There is talk that Army-Navy will be an OOC game so they can keep it after the AAC CG. So OOC Navy will have FCS, ND, AF, Army and Army will have FCS, AF, Navy and one TBD.

There is talk that Army-Navy will be an OOC game so they can keep it after the AAC CG. So OOC Navy will have FCS, ND, AF, Army and Army will have FCS, AF, Navy and one TBD.
If Army joins the AAC, which i do not think they will because they will get their butts kicked that league, they will not want to play another tough opponent OOC and take another beating. They're really just a decent level FCS team and that's all they can ever be.

Took my eight year old to the game today. Ran into a number of cadets after the game. Got a chance to thank them for their service and get a picture with my son. Told him that these are the real heroes. I think an SU/Army rivalry would be great. Mitchie Stadium is beautiful in the fall and it's an easy day trip and back road game.View attachment 231545
Attending a game at West Point is special, very special. The place drips with history, tradition and pride. And the views are spectacular.

I'm all in on building on an annual tradition playing them.

IMO, It was an aggressive tackle, but to me it looked like Barron wasn't entirely sure if he was fully down. I really don't think injury was the intent but I do believe it was a little reckless. Not dirty. A bit excessive. But if he wasn't fully down and somehow squirmed away, we'd be crushing him for that. Tough for these guys to win.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Go watch it again. He rolls over him one whole extra time. Definitely ligament damage, and maybe even a broken ankle, if I was to guess.

It reminded me of Sergio Ramos of Real Madrid pinning Mo Salah's arm under his arm, and then rolling Salah across Ramos' body to dislocate Salah's shoulder in a Champions League Final a few years ago.

Barron was definitely trying to hurt the player, and did. He should have been ejected.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Go watch it again. He rolls over him one whole extra time. Definitely ligament damage, and maybe even a broken ankle, if I was to guess.

It reminded me of Sergio Ramos of Real Madrid pinning Mo Salah's arm under his arm, and then rolling Salah across Ramos' body to dislocate Salah's shoulder in a Champions League Final a few years ago.

Barron was definitely trying to hurt the player, and did. He should have been ejected.
Agree to disagree. Neither of us know what was going on in Barron's head in that moment.

Agree to disagree. Neither of us know what was going on in Barron's head in that moment.

The play-by-play on ESPN doesn't list tackles, to make this easy. I'm trying to go thru the condensed game for the clip. Edit: the condensed version skips too many plays. I'll keep looking.

The play-by-play on ESPN doesn't list tackles, to make this easy. I'm trying to go thru the condensed game for the clip. Edit: the condensed version skips too many plays. I'll keep looking.
I remember the play. I know he turned his leg. My view is he thought he may not be fully down and was trying to gain leverage in a really.bad misguided way.

Unless there is a track record of Barron being a dirty player I am forgetting I am inclined to give the kid the benefit of the doubt and believe he wasn't intentionally trying to injure a cadet.

Here you go.

The whole extra twist is what injured the guy, and it was clearly on purpose.

Thank you for sharing the clip. I respect your take, and I can see why you feel that way, I just view it differently.

we actually have a longer hx with navy-----would like to see both schedueled every other year .

Thank you for sharing the clip. I respect your take, and I can see why you feel that way, I just view it differently.
barron got caught up the moment and carried it to far. he should have been disqualified if that extra role was after the whistle.

Here you go.

The whole extra twist is what injured the guy, and it was clearly on purpose.

If a defender did that to LeQuint Allen, this board would want him publicly executed. What Barron did was a textbook dirty tackle.

He has no history of that stuff and he always plays his ass off so it's water under the bridge but it's a different conversation if it happens again. Which I doubt it will.

New Bills stadium should have been built east of BUF Airport.

At the very least, it should have been built at the Amherst site. Right off the thruway/290 with far better road infrastructure and easy to extend the metro line to (which is already in the works anyway). It's also closer to Rochester, Syracuse and Canada. Additionally, far more likely to spur complementary development than building in the same site as the current location.

All the Orchard Park politicians talking about the new stadium incurring new developments in the area must forget about the fact that the stadium being there for 40 years hasn't really resulted in that, so why would a new one have that effect?

As long as they stay independent it makes sense to play them at least 5 times per decade. I'd put them ahead of Uconn for the local cupcake but both make sense and are fine to occasionally play on the road.

You want the flexibility to be able to take games like the Tennessee one so locking in an annual series is too much. Unless something changes and they make a rule where you basically can't play FCS schools anymore and get credit for a win which I could see happening at some point to encourage major programs to schedule lower G5s more often. If that happens you try to immediately lock in Army annually.

But yeah I'd try and sign a contract for another few games soon as possible look forward to catching a game there next fall.

I think Army is going to end up joining the AAC. It's becoming increasingly difficult to be an independent in college football.

I wouldn't want to play Army annually, but one or two home-and-homes per decade is fine.

One of my best friends is an ND grad and while he has nothing but respect for the military, from a football perspective he hates having to play Navy every single year.

Attending a game at West Point is special, very special. The place drips with history, tradition and pride. And the views are spectacular.

I'm all in on building on an annual tradition playing them.
Would rather play Army and Navy every other year then play any of the MAC schools, to many bad things happen playing those teams.