Annual Burning of the Avatars 2022 Style | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Annual Burning of the Avatars 2022 Style

I don’t know what the official SyracuseFan Burning of the Avatars date should be. But I intend to wait until after Spring practice, maybe as late as the opening of Summer Camp. But I think there should be an official day.
Maybe we could have early and late burnings, similar to signing days. Early Burning the beginning of the year for our posters who just can't wait to burn that avi. Then late burning, maybe around Fall camp for those that have a slower fuse.

Maybe we could have early and late burnings, similar to signing days. Early Burning the beginning of the year for our posters who just can't wait to burn that avi. Then late burning, maybe around Fall camp for those that have a slower fuse.
That’s just crazy talk. Next thing you’ll be saying is we should have an Avatar portal for posters to change their Avatars more than once per season without penalty or consequence. We really are in the depths of apocalypse.

Don’t forget NIL. I will pay up to 1 American dollar for a good avatar.
2229A1F5-CE65-41B1-9925-FA2F30B509F0.gif

Don’t forget NIL. I will pay up to 1 American dollar for a good avatar.
I want to be paid for my Avatar's likeness. The A&M board is throwing around money!

The only exchangeable board currency is Likes...so 44 Likes it is.

I started this when HCDM brought back the burning of the shoes tradition that P had and Gerg got rid of. This is supposed to be done right around the start of spring practice to signify that a new year is starting and that whatever happened last year is just that, last year, good or bad. You don't burn shoes in JAN!

Edit: So I went back to the original post. I'm completely wrong about most of what I said. I started this during Shafer? It was done in Aug at the start of fall camp, not spring. My bad.

Last edited:
It saddens me to part with my President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho avatar that I've had for awhile. But, it's time. Welcome Laszlo Cravensworth.

Last edited:
All right, ladies and gentlemen, it's June ...and the athletic year has come to a close. That means it's the official/unofficial time to burn those avatars!

I'm going with Raylan Givens for the 2022-2023 season, so that every time Syracuse football beats their opponent, we can all say it was "Justified."

As usual, I'll wait until the new year begins which for me is when I post my annual football preview shortly before the first game.

I nominate February 13th as the official annual burning of the avatars date. 2/13 is the 44th day of the year. Seems appropriate.
If we keep tradition we will just burn those avatars a different day every year

I'm not sure I can bring myself to change ED in a Bengals uniform, it's my belief he's the one that got us to the Super Bowl, lol.

Maybe just maybe keeping the same avatar will lead us to a sunny Florida December bowl.

I'll keep "The Prisoner" until I do my SU football preview next August. The results this year has made me and I suspect everyone else feel like a 'prisoner'. It's amazing how similar the SU football and basketball seasons have felt.

Here's my tribute

Attachments

• 6rckc6.jpeg
    6rckc6.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 50
Trying this new one for a bit.. which do you think is better, this or my favorite hat?

Attachments

• 466182A6-7E4C-4F47-AF87-A03D8D287C19.jpeg
    466182A6-7E4C-4F47-AF87-A03D8D287C19.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 286576F0-88C2-4F9A-8C34-0D33ADCB0C0E.jpeg
    286576F0-88C2-4F9A-8C34-0D33ADCB0C0E.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 45