Another stupid question by Fat Mike | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Another stupid question by Fat Mike

Baylor was first team all-NBA in 1969.
That was Wilt's first full year in LA.

West was second team all-NBA.

Lakers had HCA over the Celtics and lost game 7 at home to Boston.

Wilt had 2 top 10 teammates in the NBA that first season in LA.

1968-69 Los Angeles Lakers Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Those Wilt Lakers teams were stacked. When they won the title they had Gail Goodrich and Jamal Wilkes as well with Wilt, West.

Those teams were more talented than a Boston team that had gotten old. Boston won in 1969 because Don Nelson made a miracle shot in game 7 in LA that rolled around the rim and fell in. Russell should not have beaten Wilt for that title.

Or a title 2 years earlier when Happy Hairston missed a bunny to beat the Celtics in game 7. Hairston missed and Boston won in OT in home.

The Lakers were stacked with Wilt and he wasn't in his prime like he was with the Warriors/76ers those teams were stacked as well. I forgot Hal Greer who was a stud with Wilt 1967 76ers team.
Nelson's shot did not roll around the rim. Nelsons' shot, which sad to say, I watched, hit the rim and went way, way, up in the air. And came down in the basket. The shot that rollied around the rim was earlier in the series when Sam Jones threw in a off balance shot at the buzzer that rolled in. And the funny thing was that Jones was just throwing it up hoping Russell would get the rebound and put it back in. Russell had taken himself out of the game on that last play.

Nelson's shot did not roll around the rim. Nelsons' shot, which sad to say, I watched, hit the rim and went way, way, up in the air. And came down in the basket. The shot that rollied around the rim was earlier in the series when Sam Jones threw in a off balance shot at the buzzer that rolled in. And the funny thing was that Jones was just throwing it up hoping Russell would get the rebound and put it back in. Russell had taken himself out of the game on that last play.
Fair enough. I should have left it at miracle shot. I piss people off(not you) so they start flame wars over stupid points.

People think Russell always had more talent than Chamberlain. That 1969 Celtics team was not close the Lakers that year.
The Celtics that year finished a distant 4th in the East and beat better 76ers/Knicks teams before outlasting the Lakers in 7 in LA.

You know that I am sure though.

Fair enough. I should have left it at miracle shot. I piss people off(not you) so they start flame wars over stupid points.

People think Russell always had more talent than Chamberlain. That 1969 Celtics team was not close the Lakers that year.
The Celtics that year finished a distant 4th in the East and beat better 76ers/Knicks teams before outlasting the Lakers in 7 in LA.

You know that I am sure though.
That 1969 Lakers team -- the only one in which Chamberlain, West and Baylor were all relatively healthy -- was rounded out by Keith Erickson, Mel Counts, Johnny Egan, Freddie Crawford, Tom Hawkins and Bill Hewitt. Any way you cut it, that's not exactly a stellar supporting cast for the three over 30-year-old superstars.

That 1969 Lakers team -- the only one in which Chamberlain, West and Baylor were all relatively healthy -- was rounded out by Keith Erickson, Mel Counts, Johnny Egan, Freddie Crawford, Tom Hawkins and Bill Hewitt. Any way you cut it, that's not exactly a stellar supporting cast for the three over 30-year-old superstars.

1968-69 NBA Season Summary | Basketball-Reference.com
They went 55-27 and finished first in the West by 7 games.

They were pretty good.

Boston went 48-34. They weren't as talented as the Lakers that year.

Fat Mike is what myself and other Packers fans call Mike McCarthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom