Another stupid question by Fat Mike | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Another stupid question by Fat Mike

I think Brady has easily settled the argument against Manning now. I know what the stats are, but he should have better stats since he played in a dome and had better weaponry. The Super Bowl against the Saints when he tanked in the 2nd half and the entire game against Seattle when Brady beat the same team a year later does it for me. I think if you ask most players who they would want in a big game they would take Brady. I think Manning was great when playing ahead, but if the game gets tight he's not the guy you want.

NBA players have a much larger impact on winning than NFL players do IMO. I still don't rank them based solely on winning or anything, but it's at least a decent factor in the NBA.
We disagree I think NFL QB position has the most impact on winning of any of the major sports NBA/NFL/MLB.

what was Brady v Manning in the playoffs head to head??

and what was it the last 5x or so??

what was Brady v Manning in the playoffs head to head??

and what was it the last 5x or so??
Overall head to head 11-6 Brady. 12 games with Indy 8-4 Brady, 5 games with Denver 3-2 Brady.

Playoff head to head 3-2 Manning. Home team won every game.

When Peyton went to Denver the home team won every game. NE doesn't win in Denver and Peyton struggles at Foxboro.

Manning is a top 5 guy for me but Brady's postseason pushes him above and Manning played in a Dome and had 2 HOFers in Indy Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison and borderline(After Terrell Davis future) HOF RB in Edgerin James.
Brady had 1.5 season of Randy Moss and Rob Gronkowski.

Funhouse (@SportsFunhouse) | Twitter on twitter is always tweeting things Mike messes up on a daily basis. Just the other day he said "No regular-season MVP has ever won a Super Bowl the same year". Then of course going on and on about Cowboy stadium, and weather being an issue, while disregarding that they close the roof. He's a blowhard that will never admit any mistake, ever

Funhouse (@SportsFunhouse) | Twitter on twitter is always tweeting things Mike messes up on a daily basis. Just the other day he said "No regular-season MVP has ever won a Super Bowl the same year". Then of course going on and on about Cowboy stadium, and weather being an issue, while disregarding that they close the roof. He's a blowhard that will never admit any mistake, ever

Great great follow on twitter.

Often wrong but never in doubt.

Patriot Hater Cris Carter finally gave up.
C4K6ybGVMAArAjE

Again, I don't think one player plays enough of a role in getting a win to put much weight into their records. Statistically they're basically equivalent. Peyton's AY/A is slightly higher, both turn it over at the same rate, Brady has a slight edge in TD%. Brady's been better, but it's not by all that much and it's not close to enough to make up for the difference in regular season play IMO.

Overall in the playoffs they are very similar in QB rating:

Brady 89.0
Peyton 87.4

Brady has been average in the SB but Payton has stunk:

Brady 110.2 101.1 100.5 95.2 91.1 86.2 82.5
Peyton 88.5 81.8 73.5 56.6

IMO Rodgers has the potential to best the best all time. I think he is the best QB I have ever seen play but he needs to keep his stats up the next 5 years and win a few titles to get into the GOAT conversation.

It's 5-2 all day long.
Except I would like to point out when Montana played there was 3 less teams which means the talent level for each team was a little better. But either way those are two great accomplishments

when Eli goes back to back in the next 2 years with SuperBowls and game MVP titles...

GOAT

I actually want one Giants-Patriots Super Bowl
for closure.

Pats have an easier road next year. Pittsburgh will not beat Brady.
Denver/Oakland and if Houston gets a QB are the only teams that could beat New England.
The NFC is deep.
Dallas/Green Bay/Atlanta/Seattle/NY Giants/Minnesota/Arizona/Carolina and the team I think will be NFC sleeper Tampa Bay.
Tampa-New England SB 52.

i know this is an old thread but for the oldtimer syracuse nats fans, the sixers dedicated a statue of him outside their practice facility imy favorite nat,n camden nj --hal was in attendance with his family. he was my favorite nat.
i saw my first nat game in 1958, and followed them until they left. as a kid, i was very upset. i used to listen to the radio broadcasts of their games when i could not go. i saw the knicks on christmas day 1960 when we scored 162 pts. took the bus from tipphill downtown. back then kids could do that.

i know this is an old thread but for the oldtimer syracuse nats fans, the sixers dedicated a statue of him outside their practice facility imy favorite nat,n camden nj --hal was in attendance with his family. he was my favorite nat.
i saw my first nat game in 1958, and followed them until they left. as a kid, i was very upset. i used to listen to the radio broadcasts of their games when i could not go. i saw the knicks on christmas day 1960 when we scored 162 pts. took the bus from tipphill downtown. back then kids could do that.

A statue of Mike Francesa?!

He dominated Wilt because he Russell made friends with Wilt and that mental game gave Russell the competitive advantage.
Wilt cared more about stats and being a celebrity and Russell just wanted to win and knew playing into Wilt's ego it would help him when they faced head to head.

Russell saw Kareem dominating in college and knew it was time to retire in 1969. Plenty of NBA writers have written on this.
Russell won his titles in a small NBA only 12 teams his last year. A majority of his career it was 9 teams.
Yeah, Wilt's teammates vs Russell's had nothing to do with the outcomes of those games.

Bill Russell was such a GREAT player, that Bill Russell the coach won two titles with him.

Yeah, Wilt's teammates vs Russell's had nothing to do with the outcomes of those games.
Wilt had good teammates his whole career as well.
Lakers- Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
Warriors- Paul Arizin, Nate Thurmond, Tom Gola
76ers Billy Cunningham, Hal Greer,

Every single player here is in the HOF.
Russell had great teammates himself but Wilt's teams were stacked as well as the NBA was only 10 teams.

Wilt had good teammates his whole career as well.
Lakers- Jerry West, Elgin Baylor
Warriors- Paul Arizin, Nate Thurmond, Tom Gola
76ers Billy Cunningham, Hal Greer,

Every single player here is in the HOF.
Russell had great teammates himself but Wilt's teams were stacked as well as the NBA was only 10 teams.
Wilt played with Baylor when both were late in their careers and Baylor's body was breaking down. They appeared in fewer than 100 games together.

Wilt played with Baylor when both were late in their careers and Baylor's body was breaking down. They appeared in fewer than 100 games together.
Baylor was first team all-NBA in 1969.
That was Wilt's first full year in LA.

West was second team all-NBA.

Lakers had HCA over the Celtics and lost game 7 at home to Boston.

Wilt had 2 top 10 teammates in the NBA that first season in LA.

1968-69 Los Angeles Lakers Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Those Wilt Lakers teams were stacked. When they won the title they had Gail Goodrich and Jamal Wilkes as well with Wilt, West.

Those teams were more talented than a Boston team that had gotten old. Boston won in 1969 because Don Nelson made a miracle shot in game 7 in LA that rolled around the rim and fell in. Russell should not have beaten Wilt for that title.

Or a title 2 years earlier when Happy Hairston missed a bunny to beat the Celtics in game 7. Hairston missed and Boston won in OT in home.

The Lakers were stacked with Wilt and he wasn't in his prime like he was with the Warriors/76ers those teams were stacked as well. I forgot Hal Greer who was a stud with Wilt 1967 76ers team.

Last edited:
I was commenting on Baylor and Chamberlain as teammates; they played together for four seasons but rarely were on the court together due to injuries.

Chamberlain retired while Wilkes was in college.

I was commenting on Baylor and Chamberlain as teammates; they played together for four seasons but rarely were on the court together due to injuries.

Chamberlain retired while Wilkes was in college.
Were the Lakers teams Chamberlain played on talented or not?

They were filled with premier talent.

Wilt's teammates weren't garbage his whole career. He played with a lot of HOFers. I listed them above.

Russell had talent as well but the Wilt had garbage teammates compared to Russell argument isn't accurate.

Russell was 8-0 in NBA Finals game 7s.

That is why Russell gets labeled a winner. He got lucky as I described above. A lot of those titles were 1 possession game 7s he found a to win.

Wilt had plenty of talent as teammates.

Were the Lakers teams Chamberlain played on talented or not?

They were filled with premier talent.

Wilt's teammates weren't garbage his whole career. He played with a lot of HOFers. I listed them above.

Russell had talent as well but the Wilt had garbage teammates compared to Russell argument isn't accurate.

Russell was 8-0 in NBA Finals game 7s.

That is why Russell gets labeled a winner. He got lucky as I described above. A lot of those titles were 1 possession game 7s he found a to win.

Wilt had plenty of talent as teammates.
Wilt did play with talented teammates, but those Celtics teams generally had a greater depth of talent. But if you're going to talk about who he played with, at least get it right. And as I pointed out, the whole Chamberlain/West/Baylor superteam never really was a thing due to age and injury. The Lakers had a great run through the 60s and early 70s, but those teams were built around West and Baylor, and later West, Chamberlain and Goodrich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom