Anthony: The Biggest (Playoff) Loser | Syracusefan.com

Anthony: The Biggest (Playoff) Loser

It's interesting how guys get labeled as if they're the only one on the court. Wasn't Kevin Garnett tagged with the same label before teaming up with two other future hall of famers to win his one championship? I do put some of the blame on 'Melo, though. He had a chance to wait for free agency and play for a team that was already close like Chicago (obviously pre Rose ACL).

It's interesting how guys get labeled as if they're the only one on the court. Wasn't Kevin Garnett tagged with the same label before teaming up with two other future hall of famers to win his one championship? I do put some of the blame on 'Melo, though. He had a chance to wait for free agency and play for a team that was already close like Chicago (obviously pre Rose ACL).
FWIW: The autor of this piece is a Newhouse grad, Jared Diamond.

I don't think Chicago had the cap room for Melo.

Melo just kind of came around during the wrong era. The Kobe Lakers, The Duncan Spurs and now the Lebron/Wade Heat. I thought the Melo/Stat/Chandler Knicks could compete at this level... but I may be incorrect.

I don't think Chicago had the cap room for Melo.
Yeah maybe. I just threw them out there as a team that was closer to a championship. Had he waited for free agency and then gone to the Knicks, they'd probably be in better shape too. I just don't think a championship was his top priority when leaving Denver. If it was, he didn't do a good job of putting himself in the best situation to win even though he pretty much had all of the power in his situation.

I wondered where Jared landed. I liked his writing in the DO.

Yeah maybe. I just threw them out there as a team that was closer to a championship. Had he waited for free agency and then gone to the Knicks, they'd probably be in better shape too. I just don't think a championship was his top priority when leaving Denver. If it was, he didn't do a good job of putting himself in the best situation to win even though he pretty much had all of the power in his situation.
I think he thought that Chris Paul would land there plus he was born in NYC

I think he thought that Chris Paul would land there plus he was born in NYC
Yeah I know why he chose to go there. I'm just saying a championship wasn't his #1 priority. That is of course his choice. Hopefully he and the Knicks can at least one.

I view that against the fact that he has always made the playoffs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I know why he chose to go there. I'm just saying a championship wasn't his #1 priority. That is of course his choice. Hopefully he and the Knicks can at least one.

Definitely wasn't; his #1 priority was getting the extension locked in before the lockout.

Melo just kind of came around during the wrong era. The Kobe Lakers, The Duncan Spurs and now the Lebron/Wade Heat. I thought the Melo/Stat/Chandler Knicks could compete at this level... but I may be incorrect.
They never get a chance to play together for more than 2 games so we dont know. In reference to Melo and his playoff record, put Melo and his Denver team in the Eastern Conf and his record would be ALOT better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom