Any big surprise flips around the nation today? | Syracusefan.com

Any big surprise flips around the nation today?

atcar

Scout Team
Did anyone catch any last minute surprise flips today?

No big flips, but one of Michigan St.'s recruits wasn't able to send in his LOI because he's currently in jail, and Pitt picked up the No. 14 running back in the country.

one of Michigan St.'s recruits wasn't able to send in his LOI because he's currently in jail.

What, they don't have fax machines in jail?

This is almost like a flip and I can't stop laughing at it. I also know I'd have a meltdown if it happened to Syracuse.

This is almost like a flip and I can't stop laughing at it. I also know I'd have a meltdown if it happened to Syracuse.

The board would be in absolute shambles. I'd never wear a shirt again.

That's classless. Just because you aren't picking that school doesn't mean you have to shi|t on them either.

Here's a perfect example of how a majority of kids today with their narcissistic behavior act. Me, me, me...look at me...see me, etc., etc. Kudos to them in attaining the athletic scholarship, however, be gracious, appreciative & thankful for the "gift of a lifetime" handed to you, yes, handed. These kids get treated like they're incredibly special and so accomplished, when in reality they really have yet to prove a thing. Our culture, media, etc. contributes and exacerbates immensely to this out of hand circus show.

Last edited:
That's classless. Just because you aren't picking that school doesn't mean you have to shi|t on them either.
I disagree... unless he never told the UF and FSU coaches that he is declining their offer (then it is classless). The kid was having fun and really only hurts fans feelings... which truly don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Would I personally announce my decision like that? Probably not but I don't have a problem with someone who does. This will be forgotten by next year and it may be the last time the kid will be in the spotlight and he peacocked.

I disagree... unless he never told the UF and FSU coaches that he is declining their offer (then it is classless). The kid was having fun and really only hurts fans feelings... which truly don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Would I personally announce my decision like that? Probably not but I don't have a problem with someone who does. This will be forgotten by next year and it may be the last time the kid will be in the spotlight and he peacocked.

I'm sure he told these staffs of his decision, its more of a slap in the faces of the fan bases that are watching his announcment.

Its not unheard of as I've seen other kids do this with hats

Here's a perfect example of how a majority of kids today with their narcissistic behavior act. Me, me, me...look at me...see me, etc., etc. Kudos to them in attaining the athletic scholarship, however, be gracious, appreciative & thankful for the "gift of a lifetime" handed to you, yes, handed. These kids get treated like they're incredibly special and so accomplished, when in reality they really have yet to prove a thing. Our culture, media, etc. contributes and exacerbates immensely to this out of hand circus show.

I'm sure none of them put in any hard work either

I'm sure he told these staffs of his decision, its more of a slap in the faces of the fan bases that are watching his announcment.

Its not unheard of as I've seen other kids do this with hats
It happened to us a couple years ago with a LB, I forget his name, picked up our hat to put it on, threw it instead and put on an Iowa hat I believe.

Often, those kids are encouraged to do that by the press.

Not a true fan about this approach but, attempt to place yourself in their position and try to feel the enormous pressure they have on themselves as every school comes after you and is watching each move they make and every step they take bc they will be watching you ;). I for one feel they can have fun with the day and fans need not to have their panties in a bunch when a kid decides where he truly wants to be. He is an 17/18/19 year old KID. We are a different world with social media and ESPN covering high school games now. Have fun with it for a day ad then get to work. No one is hurt in the process. Just my thoughts.

I'd like to point out that the premium recruiting sites are the ones that push this hardest.
In Steven's case, the local press were pushy about it, too. Kinda thought it was SOOOOO stupid, because at that time it was just South Alabama and SU. Well before Vandy, Penn State, Ole Miss, and Florida came into the picture.

In Steven's case, the local press were pushy about it, too. Kinda thought it was SOOOOO stupid, because at that time it was just South Alabama and SU. Well before Vandy, Penn State, Ole Miss, and Florida came into the picture.
Well, what else is there to talk about in your next of the woods? I kid, I kid.

The neighbor's pig getting loose.

And, I'm not kidding :rolling:
Was the pig's name " soon to be"
steak-on-the-grill-smiley-emoticon.gif

It happened to us a couple years ago with a LB, I forget his name, picked up our hat to put it on, threw it instead and put on an Iowa hat I believe.

I guess this kid doing the shirt thing doesn't really bother me even though I wouldn't do handle it that way. But I remember that kid throwing our hat down. Even if it hadn't been us, I felt that was disrespectful at least to the coaches who put in time recruiting him, although obviously not the end of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom