Class of 2016 - Any news from the hill? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Any news from the hill?

It's interesting that we haven't heard more from Matt Moyer.
What happens at Mayfest...stays at Mayfest...whether commits start rolling or not in the next few days I'm guessing those guys had some good times this past weekend...MM is likely in recovery mode at the moment...

It's interesting that we haven't heard more from Matt Moyer.

It's not telling at all. Matt is a classy kid; he's going to respect the recruits and not comment specifically about their visits until it's appropriate. He's been through the recruiting process, so he knows how it should work. These decisions will impact their lives in a big way.

Thank God
You don't want any part of this crossover. Think about it.
philip-seymour-o.gif

How should we think of this weekend? It sounded like sights were set quite a bit higher than hauling in one transfer, but we obviously fell short.

Were our expectations too high? Did we put ourselves into some really good positions for these prospects? Or did we just strikeout? I'd be interested in hearing how those more tied-in than I am are thinking about this weekend.

DeGrozz said:
How should we think of this weekend? It sounded like sights were set quite a bit higher than hauling in one transfer, but we obviously fell short. Were our expectations too high? Did we put ourselves into some really good positions for these prospects? Or did we just strikeout? I'd be interested in hearing how those more tied-in than I am are thinking about this weekend.

I think this was a group of players that likes the attention of recruiting and will drag this out, in most cases, as long as possible,

I also think when they ultimately decide, it will be a big show, not an oral on a recruiting trip.

How should we think of this weekend? It sounded like sights were set quite a bit higher than hauling in one transfer, but we obviously fell short.

Were our expectations too high? Did we put ourselves into some really good positions for these prospects? Or did we just strikeout? I'd be interested in hearing how those more tied-in than I am are thinking about this weekend.
Gillon and Thompson was the two that I thought were most realistic to commit after the visit. We already have one down and we'll see if mommy signs off on her son committing to us. The rest as I noted on the 2nd page besides Diallo, could end things at any moment in our favor, but will most likely play out the recruiting process. So really nothing is happening that I wasn't expecting from my end. Staff just needs to continue working and grinding hard.

Last edited:

I think your expectations were unrealistic. Getting the guard was big. maybe we get Thompson. As for the kids from '17, it takes time.

You'd think we'd see something from the Post- Standard on the recruiting weekend besides a story on Gillon.

I think this was a group of players that likes the attention of recruiting and will drag this out, in most cases, as long as possible,

I also think when they ultimately decide, it will be a big show, not an oral on a recruiting trip.

an oral on a recruiting trip is usually a really good thing for all parties involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom