Any rumblings about our last assistant coach spot? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Any rumblings about our last assistant coach spot?

How many games at Kentucky has Calipari lost?
I want a rainmaker.

Antigua without the UK/Calipari machine is a tiger with no teeth.

I am hoping for Munch Williams or Mennenga from Oregon. I do like Griffin a lot but wish he was on the staff in place of GMac as opposed to both of them on there.

Honest question here but would JB hire someone who has no experience coaching the 2-3 Zone. I feel at this stage he would not want to break someone in or do you think Autry and GMAC would handle the defensive adjustments and a third assistant could basically learn the defensive rotations and concentrate more on offense?

I wonder if JB will be speaking with anyone at the yearly career fair during FF weekend?

I would hope it's not Allen Griffin.

If GMac left he would have made sense if we had 2 openings.

Griffin to me is the status quo. At this point we need an upgrade and somebody who is a splashy hire.

Somebody who can recruit and can take over the bigs.

Orlando Antigua do it JB.
We don't need Antigua's baggage.

On Friday I heard that Allen Griffin was the likely candidate to take the job and front runner. That was before the news about Archie taking the Indiana job. I have not heard any news on the situation since so if I had to guess Griffin is going to take this job. It makes too much since, he has major ties with the program...played here, played for Boeheim, is terrific friends with Autry and understands our style of play. I think we end up with Griffin before the weeks over.

On Friday I heard that Allen Griffin was the likely candidate to take the job and front runner. That was before the news about Archie taking the Indiana job. I have not heard any news on the situation since so if I had to guess Griffin is going to take this job. It makes too much since, he has major ties with the program...played here, played for Boeheim, is terrific friends with Autry and understands our style of play. I think we end up with Griffin before the weeks over.
Definitely the status quo and not a "splash" - but I'd rather have Griffin than Devo/Wellman.

Honest question here but would JB hire someone who has no experience coaching the 2-3 Zone. I feel at this stage he would not want to break someone in or do you think Autry and GMAC would handle the defensive adjustments and a third assistant could basically learn the defensive rotations and concentrate more on offense?
How much zone teaching did Troy Weaver do? He got us Melo. I'll take that any day. Let Red & GMac teach the zone. We need a rainmaker if we want to compete with UNC and Ville. I don't like finishing 8th.

I want one of those guys who has the knack of finding "Syracuse Killers" in the deepest, darkest corners of the globe and get those guys to come here. The angry rebounders. The 3-point marksmen. The no name athlete who has no other stats than the 30 he drops on the zone. I want that guy. Find us those non-one and dones who play like they are.

Griffin is better than people think, obviously no Hopkins but I think Autry can get close to Hops level. Griffin is a good add
No I agree. I'd be more excited than not if Griff came home - and I'd be glad it wasn't a in house promotion like Wellman. I'm still a big Mennenga guy though

I want one of those guys who has the knack of finding "Syracuse Killers" in the deepest, darkest corners of the globe and get those guys to come here. The angry rebounders. The 3-point marksmen. The no name athlete who has no other stats than the 30 he drops on the zone. I want that guy. Find us those non-one and dones who play like they are.
You just described the recruitment of Neon Boudeaux in Blue Chips.

No I agree. I'd be more excited than not if Griff came home - and I'd be glad it wasn't a in house promotion like Wellman. I'm still a big Mennenga guy though
I remember going to the abcd camp to watch Jonny Flynn play and noticed Allen Griffin there who had recently became an assistant at St. Francis so after we talked for a bit I jokingly asked if he would come back to Syracuse to coach which he responded with "I wish". As much as I would want a guy like Book Richardson, I would be very happy if Griffin got the chance.

An Hakim and Andy would do. Another Seikaly walking through the door wouldn't hurt :p

Would it be odd to have an entire staff of alumnae and one new assistant who isn't?

Also wondering what it means for the staff if a new head coach comes in from a different background and the staff is all cuse alums. Cleans house? Relies heavily on those who know the zone and have taught it?

Would it be odd to have an entire staff of alumnae and one new assistant who isn't?

Also wondering what it means for the staff if a new head coach comes in from a different background and the staff is all cuse alums. Cleans house? Relies heavily on those who know the zone and have taught it?

Rob Murphy and Troy Weaver didn't seem to have any issues w/ being the "token" non-SU guy on staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom